PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Swap Ideas $20 and under

Ms. Laura
11-20-2013, 11:58 AM
I thought this would be a fun topic. Next support group meeting we are having a Yankee Swap. This is where everyone brings a wrapped gift. Then, numbers are drawn to determine order of selection.

#1 selects a gift, unwraps it in front of everyone, sits down. #2 does the same but can keep the gift or swap with #1. #3 does the same but can swap with either #1 or #2 and so on.

At the end, #1 gets the last swap. It's very cutthroat and fun, there are NO friends at Yankee Swaps!

I was wondering if anyone has a good under $20 crossdressing themed gift idea. I have a few but would love to see what others may come up with. Showing up with the best gift is a matter of pride after all and she who is most clever, conceals her sources best. Oddly very few of them ever look here.

Thanks!

Lynn Marie
11-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Under $20 makes it challenging. Nylons will work. Maybe edible panties, if they don't fit you can always use them as dip chips. Wig shampoo and conditioner is always useful. Maybe a wig stand or one of those styrofoam heads. Stick on nails comes to mind. Lipstick and other cosmetics. Okay I'm done.

DAVIDA
11-20-2013, 01:10 PM
I haven't done this for a CD theme, but my family does this for Christmas.:D

AllieSF
11-20-2013, 01:27 PM
I have done this before. They normally call it a white elephant gift exchange or something like that. It can be a lot of fun and laughs.

Amy Lynn3
11-20-2013, 01:33 PM
We do this every year, but call it Dirty Santa. I think a gift of a pair of heels would be nice. Maybe in the average size a cder would wear. If you had money left over you can always put make up in the bag.

Beverley Sims
11-20-2013, 01:54 PM
For me it is a Kris Kindl with a variation.
It is done at an office party and some get what they like and others sorta miss out.:).

Deedee Skyblue
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
I worked for a guy who always had a Yankee swap at Christmas. I refused to participate, which gave a few other people an example, and next Christmas, he had separate gift giving groups. If you wanted to Yankee swap, you could. There were some cruel people in his group, who would try to go first, and then see who was happiest with the gift she had received, and then take it away. People who deliberately try to make others feel bad at Christmas are not the kind of people I want to be exchanging gifts with.

Deedee

Eryn
11-20-2013, 07:04 PM
It sounds like a great way to take good friends and make not-so-good friends of them! :)

kimdl93
11-20-2013, 09:27 PM
OneHanesPlace.com having another bra sale. Lots of bras for under $20!

Jilmac
11-20-2013, 10:40 PM
If there is a Kohl's or Target store nearby you might find a threefer sale on panties. I see ads in my local newspaper occasionally for panties, mix'n match three pairs for $19.95

Stacy L
11-21-2013, 02:53 AM

Get some extra, extra large panties or the largest that you can find for under $20.00

Annette_boy
11-21-2013, 03:26 AM
We did it in my group we called it a gift brawl

Hugs Annette

Ms. Laura
11-22-2013, 05:52 PM
Wig Shampoo and conditioner is definitely a good idea. Gigantic pantries may be a good gag gift, but what if they fit someone!