PDA

View Full Version : En Femme When Injured

outhiking
11-20-2013, 01:33 PM
Hi all. I took a spill on my mountain bike and broke my collar bone. It was three weeks before I could wear a bra again, but I made do with a cami. Anyone else continue en femme while recovering from an injury?

Beverley Sims
11-20-2013, 01:49 PM
Yes, I never let injury get in the way of enjoyment.

Karren H
11-20-2013, 01:53 PM
No.... I never get injured! lol

Princess Chantal
11-20-2013, 01:53 PM
I haven't crossdress while being injured or sick, would really make the crossdressing session a downer

AllieSF
11-20-2013, 02:41 PM
Yes, cracked a small bone end in my pinky finger from a bicycle fall. Wore a Velcro two finger brace and a bad road rash knee, and went out whenever the opportunity arose. Can't let life's obstacles stop us from being ourselves and having fun, can we?

Stephanie Morgan
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I've been injured both at work and with some of the hobbies that I enjoy. All in all I love to dress and the down time while i'm recovering provides me with a great time to do just that.

Erica Marie
11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Im with Karen, I never get injured. Unless if breaking a nail counts. That throws me way off kilter.

RADER
11-20-2013, 09:45 PM
The worst I was ever injured was a splinter in a hand.
Quick fix then keep on working. Knock on wood.
Rader

CynthiaD
11-20-2013, 11:03 PM
I broke my arm pretty bad a few years ago. I gave up wearing bras until it healed. I never figured out how to hook one using just one hand.

NathalieX66
11-20-2013, 11:11 PM
I was a musician, and a pretty good guitar player before I decided to trim trees from standing on the edge of my back porch roof. I stepped off the roof and took a nice fall and landed on the patio with what's known as a Colle's Fracture on my left wrist. ..... I can't play guitar like I used to since the injury, so I decided to dress in womens' clothing instead. ...which is kinda true, actually.

As for falling off the roof, the ride down was awesome in a roller coaster sort of way, but the landing was not.

heatherdress
11-21-2013, 01:03 AM
I fell and seriously injured my leg - could not get up - tremendous pain - had to call 911 - and I was fully dressed.

Lynn Marie
11-21-2013, 07:24 AM
When recovering from surgeries etc., I prefer to zonk out on pain meds rather than dress. Would probably screw up my makeup something awful!

Sarah Beth
11-21-2013, 08:03 AM
The worst injury I have had was dislocating a shoulder. I was working on my house at the time and I had a bra on, it was pretty painful getting it off so I could go to the Dr. I didn't wear a bra or a nightgown for a couple of weeks after that, nothing I had to put on over my head but I did wear panties. Other little minor injuries don't slow me down. Maybe this is just me but if I'm sick and need to crawl in bed and sleep or rest I feel much better if I can slip inot a nighty and panties to do it.

Kate Jones
11-21-2013, 08:15 AM
I remember some very tight pull on boots that I had.
It was fine putting them on but having a broken collar bone (cycling injury again!) I couldn't pull them off.
At the time is was renting my spare room to a work colleague so needed to get my boots off before he came home.
My girlfriend had a 50 mile drive to come and rescue me. She did suggest I cut them off but they were the bestest boots in the whole world ever.

linda allen
11-21-2013, 08:24 AM
I was really sick for a while and didn't feel like dressing. I find that if I don't feel good I don't feel like doing much of anything.

Jamie Lynn
11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
We need to hear Heathers story!:jumping: Post it Girl!!

Daryl
11-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Four years ago I was hit by a car and had a broken elbow. For two weeks I went without a bra, but still wore my panties and thigh highs.
Also wore my jeans and tops everyday. Did leave my bra off when I went to therapy.

Jaylyn
11-21-2013, 10:09 AM
I am always getting cut, burned, bruised, or just doing something stupid at the ranch. Been run over by horses, cow kicked several times, and even the tractor ran over my toe. My own wife n kids and my ex students as I also taught sciences in school used to call me "Tim The Tool Man" of science. I caught my sleeve on fire once doing an experiment where we were melting some solids. I can honestly though say I have never been hurt while dressed, except the experiment I tried while trying to learn how to walk in heels on the tread mill. Long story there.... Believe me it won't work.

nhlighthouse
11-21-2013, 10:15 AM
Sounds like you are "stringing" us along" sorry to red about your fall from grace!

I was a musician, and a pretty good guitar player before I decided to trim trees from standing on the edge of my back porch roof. I stepped off the roof and took a nice fall and landed on the patio with what's known as a Colle's Fracture on my left wrist. ..... I can't play guitar like I used to since the injury, so I decided to dress in womens' clothing instead. ...which is kinda true, actually.

As for falling off the roof, the ride down was awesome in a roller coaster sort of way, but the landing was not.

Christen3042
11-21-2013, 10:26 AM
I was fully dressed when I fell down the stairs and broke my leg. Had to call 911. Got most of my things off before the ambulance arrived, but ended up going to hospital in a denim miniskirt and flowered panties. No reactions whatsoever. I was in too much pain to care if there were.

BillieJoEllen
11-21-2013, 11:34 AM
I've had a number of serious injuries and had to temporarily give up cross dressing. When I healed enough I went back to wearing dresses and lingerie. Pantihose couldn't be worn because of a big cast on my foot and for the three knee injuries I had it was the same. I'd dress when I could again but no pantyhose. I'm glad I wasn't underdressing the first time I broke a kneecap.

Had to give up bra wearing for about four months both times when I tore my rotator cuffs.

donnalee
11-21-2013, 11:44 AM
No.... I never get injured! lolThis from a Hockey player? Puleeze!!!! :eek: :devil:
How many have had crossdressing related injuries? I turned my right 4" heel while descending my front stairs' and wound up on the concrete with some torn ligaments in that foot. This lasted about 2 months before I could walk normally.
So, if you were hors de combat from the gender wars, speak up.

Jennifer in CO
11-21-2013, 12:16 PM
really short version....Back in 91 I had surgery that went from day surgery to in there 4 days due to complications. When I left the hospital, I couldn't wear pants due to the placement of a drain coming out my gut about 1/2 way between belly button and "down there". Wore gowns for a week till my wife was tired of seeing me 1/2 dressed so she bought me 2 dresses. Only time my girls have actually seen me "crossdressed" (the older one does not remember a time when she had 2 mommies) and they didn't think about it as such...just that I couldn't wear pants so I was wearing something that I could wear. They still didn't bring their friends over. Ended up with 3 more dresses and going back to work in such for almost a month. Boss was VERY understanding but needed me there and I had no problems. Course, she was TS, 2 other co-workers were Lesbians, one was best described as a "free spirit" and the sales guy was never there anyway...

otherwise - the whole thing is a long story...

outhiking
11-21-2013, 12:21 PM
I managed to make my way home from the trail and spent several painful minutes removing nail polish from my toes which was stupid as they wouldn't have me remove my socks for an X-ray anyway. Just paranoid I guess. Having shaved legs did ease the road rash quite a bit and now it feels good to have the tension from my bra around my chest as the muscles heal (once I could move my arm again).

Cynthia Anne
11-22-2013, 01:06 AM
I fell and injured my shoulder a few months back! Since then I have been in and out of the hospital several times! To answer your question I own no male clothes! I have nurses that come o my house four times a week to help me dress ect.! So far I have never went a day without a bra!

Sheila11
11-22-2013, 07:31 AM
Severed my Achilles tendon and spent 4 months in a cast. I cut the toe out of my pantyhose and carefully got it over the cast then tuck it in the top. Too awkward to do or go anywhere with crutches, but I got to spend some time sitting around feeling pretty.

CarlaWestin
11-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Recently, I had surgery, you know, there! It severely impacted my underdressing. I didn't realize that the recovery time would be 4 months with the first two requiring wearing a supporter. Seriously considered the alternative of eliminating the issue completely. Naw. In a few of my sexy pictures and videos I'm strapped like a football player under the lacey panties.

As far as enfemme when injured, one night as I was quietly closing the front door to go for a moonlight stroll dressed like a buxom ****, a 25 pound tile sculpture decided to fall from above the door and land on my head. Talk about getting clocked! I had blood gushing out of a nasty cut and I fought off passing out. Somehow, I got the bleeding stopped, everything cleaned up and attended to my injury which I successfully covered with a hat until it healed.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-22-2013, 08:44 AM
I had shoulder surgery in 2003 and was unable to dress for about 3 months.

After that my rehab had progressed to the point where I didn't wear the arm sling any more. I went to the next support group meeting dressed enfemme and it felt GREAT!

Sharon B.
11-22-2013, 08:50 AM
About fifteen years ago I was in male mode and was riding a horse for a friend of mine when it flipped over back-wards and I cracked three ribs. In pain for a few weeks staying at a friends home so she could take care of me. I had a hard time sleeping so the next day told her I was going back home, once back home I put on panties, pantyhose and one of mine all-in-one body briefs. Slept like a baby that night and for the next couple of weeks that is what I would wear to bed.
Just wish I could find someone to share this lifestyle with.

robindee36
11-22-2013, 09:32 AM
First, you better have been wearing your helmet girl ;) Ouch, collar bone is a pretty common injury when crashing out. Suppose the good news is recovery is usually pretty complete. Pro racers are back in the pack within about 4 - 6 weeks. During recoveries, I try to continue with at least a little something to keep the fem with me.

My cycling life was put on hold this season from a collision, auto vs bike and I was not in the auto. While the bones and muscles are healing, looks like there will be some permanent leg scarring. Not so much road rash but rather gashes where the plastic front end parts were shattered and turned into pretty effective cutting surfaces. Guess my minor victory was my leg broke their front end trim. Yeah Robin - 1 plastic auto parts - 0.

I am now pretty self conscious about the leg and may not show it publically any more, at least not in hose. Hence my interest in other threads about knee high boots.

While I am back to dressing, and continued some underdressing while recovering, looking at the leg makes me want to cry. Perhaps I will look into cosmetic surgery options in the future as using beard cover on the scars just does not work well.

Glad to hear you survived the crash. Just an inherent hazard in our sport.

Hugs and stay safe. Robin

Tina B.
11-22-2013, 10:42 AM
I spent a lot of time in a nylon nightgown while recovering from a bypass. Then when I was able to get out of bed more, I hung around the house in a skirt. Just cause your sick, doesn't stop the needs. Besides, at the time I wasn't sure just how many more times I would have, cutting your chest open gives you some doubts.

Oh, I almost forgot, years ago, and I mean a lot of years, I got ran over by a car, and ended up in the E.R. with a badly sprained ankle, and the prettiest red toes you ever saw. The X-Ray tech told me he thought the color was pretty, I think he was being a bit cheeky.

DonnaT
11-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Wearing a skirt is a lot easier than wearing slacks when one has their foot in a cast, I guarantee.

Billie_M
11-22-2013, 03:54 PM
Like Tina, I have been down lately due to bypass surgery. Bra's are out for the time being, as are most shirts etc., panties are a must however. I also have found a couple of nightgowns, that I can tolerate. Wife generally supportive, has offered to go buy more of the same style. While I haven't felt up to the dressing, I have been using my off time to practice my makeup skills. (I always need practice there) Looking forward to the day that I can dress fully and go out again as Billie.