PDA

View Full Version : Reasons I want to CD

JuliaC
11-20-2013, 01:42 PM
Although I have heard a few negative things about crossdressers from people around me and don't want this desire to control/affect my life to much I can't shake the desire. Everytime I look at anything to do with makeup I want to be able to buy and o my own makeup. I love the pretty look girls get from makeup especially eye makeup. I also love the dresses and heels and wish I had some of my own. This is letting me realize the biggest reason I crossdress is I want to be pretty/sexy in makeup, a dress, and heels...

Dana M
11-20-2013, 01:48 PM
Julia C,

I'm glad you are expressing your feeling here. I have felt the need to express the femme side too.

With understanding,
Dana M

Emma48
11-20-2013, 02:00 PM
I am envious of you because when I was young, there was great hostility to CDs. Go with your feelings and don't be afraid to express yourself.

Love,
=Emma=

EllenJo
11-20-2013, 02:03 PM
Julia, one of the members Hannah Gotta summed it up very well for me when she said that she just wanted to feel pretty. When I am dressed I know that I don't come close to passing but I was thrilled recently when my wife commented that she liked my new blouse and that it looked pretty on me. I felt like a million bucks.

Good luck you you on your journey
Hugs
Ellen Jo

Karren H
11-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Must be nice to have a reason.... I don't... never did have one.... or at least I don't know what it is..... its just something I have to do.... and I accept that....

Rachael Leigh
11-20-2013, 02:06 PM
Yeah and it can be somewhat annoying having this inside of our heads it just doesn't make since sometimes. I think that's why it can become and addictive type of behavior.

Kate Simmons
11-20-2013, 03:11 PM
I think wanting to look pretty and nice is a pretty good reason Hon. :)

Ms. Laura
11-20-2013, 04:06 PM
The question is, "Why do you want to be pretty?" Then we're back to Karen's post. :)

P.S. I want to be pretty too.

vallerie lacy
11-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I'd like to be pretty also. fat chance. That's why I wear pretty lingerie. In my 67 years, I've never heard anyone even mention crossdressers, let alone say anything negative about them. Needless to say I don't get out much I guess. Maybe when I grow up.

Rachelakld
11-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Sorry CDing is not something you can shake or purge, eventually one learns to enjoy it instead of fighting it.

Umm negatives,
daughters "borrow" your stuff and it's hard to find again although it will be on their bedroom floor somewhere.
You may need 2 wardrobes

Well that's about all the negatives, I won't list the positives, I've a lunch date with wife in 15 minutes.

Ressie
11-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Lunch huh, it must be tomorrow in NZ haha. Makeup makes a difference. Without it I kind of see a man in the mirror no matter what I'm wearing. JuliaC, if you've never even borrowed and tried makeup you've got to get u some!

Stephanie Morgan
11-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Sounds like a pretty good reason to me! Go with it and enjoy it. Wish I had done that a lot sooner.

Beverley Sims
11-21-2013, 12:17 PM
Remember you are talking to the converted.
Those are quite valid reasons as far as the "converted are concerned".

Tell that to some of your best mates.:)
They may have an alternate view.

kimdl93
11-21-2013, 10:25 PM
Based on your earlier posts, I have learned that you're young and relatively inexperienced in terms of relationships with women. I get the feeling - and I could be totally off base here - that you have developed a rather idealized, romanticized notion of what women are, and perhaps overly focus upon somewhat superficial aspects of what makes women pretty, sexy and attractive....and, it seems that by idealizing women, you've made them seem distant and unattainable. The reality is that women are just like you and I, with positive and negative features, both physical and otherwise. its fine to dress up if it makes you feel good, but please, don't let your interest in CDing become a substitute for getting to know real women in a meaningful way.

LelaK
11-21-2013, 10:45 PM
Why do we want to look pretty? Because we have Good Taste! I was born with good taste and could tell early on that Mom was much prettier than Dad.

Paula T
11-21-2013, 10:50 PM
of women's clothes and never was to happy in my guy mode as to my looks. But you do the best you can with what you were born with. And I really do feel pretty when I am dressed up just like a GG does.:)

Dora
11-23-2013, 07:13 PM
Since I have embraced CDing more the reasons is so I am more in sync with who I am more, in person I have a fem sound voice which I will in alot of ways be able to be more in sync and other fem characteristics, also I love to dance, if I don't dance for awhile that desire to dance builds up so much to the point where I just want to either play my Just Dance 2014 game or go out and be on a dance floor, also I am looking foward to going to Denver and having a makeover and learning more about CDing and also am looking foward to dancing while crossdressed.

jackielynn
11-23-2013, 08:54 PM
I think most of us want to cd because it does make us feel pretty/sexy/attractive due to our male instinct of finding women attractive. The real question is why do we want to feel this way as opposed to other men, or why dont or cant we feel attractive as men? This has bugged me my whole life and I just tell myself its because I'm soooo straight my body won't allow me to find men attractive in any way. But when Im in my female mode I do find men attractive, and I become confused again. So, I guess really I have no idea, i just do.

mykell
11-23-2013, 11:33 PM
have always heard negative comments about cross-dressers growing up and felt a self loathing about doing it, after finally accepting it, i began to embrace it more, you can read all the stories here, acquire- purge , acquire more , purge, im done purging, i found this place to share and accept that normal is as normal does, i feel pretty in heels and a dress, makeup ........ i need practice, had this feeling since boyhood, accept it and own it, i dont think the desire will leave you.

Tina B.
11-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Would have been nice to get to choice one way or the other, but like Karren, it's just something I've had to do all of my life, could never put a reason to it.

Robbin_Sinclair
11-24-2013, 02:26 PM
....I love the pretty look girls get from makeup especially eye makeup. I also love the dresses and heels and wish I had some of my own. This is letting me realize the biggest reason I crossdress is I want to be pretty/sexy in makeup, a dress, and heels...

I quoted the part that works for me.

Red carpet dresses, granny dresses, short skirts, mini skirts, great prints but most of all, those comfy little cheap cotton things that come from Kmart or the wraps that our tourist stores sell down here.

Don't get me started.

:hugs: rBBn

sherib
11-24-2013, 02:40 PM
The reasons I want and love to cd, is all the reasons that everybody write about. It's very hard to discribe the feeling to other people.

Jaymees22
11-24-2013, 03:48 PM
The reasons I want and love to cd, is all the reasons that everybody write about. It's very hard to discribe the feeling to other people.I agree with this, it's impossible to explain this feeling to a non crossdresser. So try to make yourself as pretty as you can and hopefully you will be happy with the results.

JennyLynn
11-24-2013, 04:02 PM
That's great. But, the biggest "great" is when you see a side of yourself come out and realize that it's been not so much about the dressing, but about the "being". You will be surprised at how your whole attitude will change as a result of "dressing", as it's sometimes more indicative of just letting that softer feminine side out and letting her, take over him.

ShelbyDawn
11-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Gotta agree with Karen, who knows why, it is just part of who I am and it always will be. I have learned to accept it and to find way to make it work for me. The rest is, as they say, just details.

TessaOKC
11-24-2013, 04:25 PM
That's great. But, the biggest "great" is when you see a side of yourself come out and realize that it's been not so much about the dressing, but about the "being". You will be surprised at how your whole attitude will change as a result of "dressing", as it's sometimes more indicative of just letting that softer feminine side out and letting her, take over him.

In general, just wondering if the fem clothes are necessary to complete the picture? I always felt that feminine side but when I tried on fem clothes for the first time my feelings toward dressing exploded!!!! It was like the clothes launched me into forever crossdressing!!!

KaceyR
11-24-2013, 04:52 PM
You will be surprised at how your whole attitude will change as a result of "dressing", as it's sometimes more indicative of just letting that softer feminine side out and letting her, take over him.

There's definitely some of that. In my case I tend to also have a bit of an issue of being too "quiet" of a personality
in male form. But put on the dress/outfit and I oddly feel stronger, a little bit more expressive, and happier.
I still feel "me" but am able to bring out a lot more of a personality than before. Half is "challenge completion" I can do anything kind of thing, and other half is just a freeing up of mannerisms and things repressed while male.

Confucius
11-25-2013, 10:10 AM
Well, most guys (non-crossdressers) feel nothing from cross-dressing, except humiliation. So why does it feel so good to you? It's all in our brains. Our brains are hard wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female. Our brain releases dopamine and other neurotransmitters which produce the sensations of gratification, pleasure, well-being, etc. It affects the reward center of our brain, and thus it mimics the addiction response.

Personally I believe it starts in very early childhood. It starts as wanting the love and attention of our mothers. We somehow develop a type of female envy. (We may think that girls have it better in life, or that our mother would love us more if we were born a girl.) It really doesn't matter the important thing it that we develop a perception that cross-dressing means contact with a female, and that comforts us. Of course when we reach puberty and the testosterone is flowing, then that changes everything. Our brain still interprets cross-dressing as contact with a female, but now that is a sexual experience. When you get old and the testosterone levels drop, then your cross-dressing will no longer be about sexual gratification, but you will still find comfort in cross-dressing.

For now you want to CD and look pretty, because it releases the neurotransmitters which produce the sensations you want.

daviolin
11-25-2013, 03:53 PM
You dear girl, Julia. I feel the same way. Just to feel and look pretty. Why should only the GG's get to be pretty. Daviolin

irishsissy
11-25-2013, 10:05 PM
Well, most guys (non-crossdressers) feel nothing from cross-dressing, except humiliation. So why does it feel so good to you? It's all in our brains. Our brains are hard wired to interpret cross-dressing as actual contact with a female. Our brain releases dopamine and other neurotransmitters which produce the sensations of gratification, pleasure, well-being, etc. It affects the reward center of our brain, and thus it mimics the addiction response.

Personally I believe it starts in very early childhood. It starts as wanting the love and attention of our mothers. We somehow develop a type of female envy. (We may think that girls have it better in life, or that our mother would love us more if we were born a girl.) It really doesn't matter the important thing it that we develop a perception that cross-dressing means contact with a female, and that comforts us. Of course when we reach puberty and the testosterone is flowing, then that changes everything. Our brain still interprets cross-dressing as contact with a female, but now that is a sexual experience. When you get old and the testosterone levels drop, then your cross-dressing will no longer be about sexual gratification, but you will still find comfort in cross-dressing.

For now you want to CD and look pretty, because it releases the neurotransmitters which produce the sensations you want.

Holy Cow,,, I never really thought of it that way, But you may be totally on to something there.