PDA

View Full Version : I'm amazed at what people see

Sometimes Steffi
11-21-2013, 06:45 AM
I didn't want to hijack someone's thread, but I'm amazed at the details that people see in the pictures.

Some of you must be CIA photo analysts!

If it's just costume how come he has hip and but pads ?

He must have really gotten into it since he clearly already had shaved legs and a bra and panty girdle.

I'm feeling a whole new connection with Dagwood. Any guy who delicately saves his wig, pink sweater, gray skirt, and heels from a costume party years ago and keeps his legs shaved in case he ever has to don his "costume" in an emergency, is okay in my book. :heehee:

Wendy

Too much fun! Nice stained glass, too.

Kate Simmons
11-21-2013, 07:03 AM
I may or may not notice but never sweat the "small stuff" in any case. If one is looking for something they usually find it, whether it's really "there" or not. :battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
11-21-2013, 07:35 AM
Steffi,
If you have been trained to look for detail it never goes away.
I usually look for color balance and shadows to establish time of day, architecture to establish the region and vegetation to establish the season and region.
North or south of the equator.

Gillian Gigs
11-21-2013, 10:49 AM
One of my favorite pasttimes is to be a fly speck on the wall and just watch people. At a party it is interesting to see who is interacting with whom. The best people watching place is in a comfortable chair at the mall. Just watching people going by can have me entertained for hours. Looking at the different fashions gives me ideas as well as it reminds me how many have no fashion sense whatever. I am positive I have seen many CD'ers out and about on many occasions, but I would never do, or say anything that would hurt a situation. Maybe it is trained into some of us, I remember going hunting with my Dad as a child, it was the sharpest eye that shot at the game. It didn't take long to realize that if I wanted to shoot something, I had better pay more attention. It amazes my wife how I manage to see things long before she does. I guess she didn't get the training!

JustWendy
11-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Steffi –

I think we were all having some fun at Dagwood’s expense. But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. There is no way we could dress for the first time in years, reach into a box of packed clothes, and look as good as Dagwood did in a matter of minutes. So, we were calling BS on Dagwood, but it was all in fun. :)

Wendy

Debra Russell
11-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Steffi –

So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. Wendy

Oh gawd that brings back memories -- and I love being a consulting observer.......................Debra

Shanine
11-21-2013, 01:16 PM
I love observing people. I got a BA in Anthropology in college because I like it so much LOL. When I am talking with a woman, I will take note of her makeup, how her hand mannerisms are. Is she frumpy, or sharp? For the general population, I look at relationships, like what put those two people together? If I can hear them speak, what kind of accent or inflection are they using? Its a great way to pass the time if you have to wait in an airport or bus station I must admit.

Chickhe
11-21-2013, 01:31 PM
Check this out... its all about how your brain filters what it sees. If you get the illusion right people will have a hard time seeing anything else, but the trained person will see the actual details. ...applies a great deal to makeup application. http://www.scientificpsychic.com/graphics/index.html

Gillian Gigs
11-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Steffi –

But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. Wendy

Wow, talk about deja vu, I haven't had to think about that for years. As the expression goes, "the devil is in the detail", and when we were young, we had to be careful to put everything back just the way it was. Detail and being observant was what kept many of us from getting caught. So, maybe a life time CD'er would make a good police detective, observant, and pays attention to detail. LOL

May(be)
11-21-2013, 01:48 PM
I can't help but notice, I got a mention! Neat. :)

rita63
11-21-2013, 06:45 PM
The French decorators developed incredible trompe l'oeil that are paintings done on a wall and appear to be something that is not there. Worth an image search if you want to stretch your mind.
I'm probably close to Bev's ideas though, paddling through the wilderness you get your direction your weather and time from the environment. The detail becomes important when it marks a rapid or a comfy campsite and dinner.

Sometimes Steffi
11-21-2013, 11:00 PM
Steffi –

I think we were all having some fun at Dagwood’s expense. But as a group, I think we are perhaps more observant that the average person. Many of us are not totally open about our dressing. So, successfully avoiding detection is often in the details. Whether it was putting “borrowed” clothes back the way we found them when we were kids, or making sure, today, that we remove all of our makeup before going out. We also know how long it takes for us to get ready. There is no way we could dress for the first time in years, reach into a box of packed clothes, and look as good as Dagwood did in a matter of minutes. So, we were calling BS on Dagwood, but it was all in fun. :)

Wendy

I almost totally forgot about that. When I "borrowed" something of my Mom's, I made a detailed map of everything I borrowed, and even how it was folded, like right cup in or left cup. After putting everything back where it came from, I tore up my map into little pieces and flushed it. I also remember coming across a messy panty drawer once or twice that no amount of mapping would allow me to put everything back together again. I even thought it might have been a trap. So I passed on borrowing that night.

cupcake
11-22-2013, 12:23 AM
Since I feel out of the loop, what was the original thread?

Gillian Gigs
11-22-2013, 12:58 AM
I also remember coming across a messy panty drawer once or twice that no amount of mapping would allow me to put everything back together again. I even thought it might have been a trap. So I passed on borrowing that night.

LOL such memories, you and me both on that one!

Tracii G
11-22-2013, 01:04 AM
Messy panties?? Why aren't they in the dirty clothes hamper?

EarringGirl
11-22-2013, 06:34 AM
I suffer from hyper-vigilance so I tend notice everything. Especially when talking to a woman. They think I'm leering but I'll be honest on the mental checklist running in my head, looking at her with sexual desire is down there at about number 10. The first 1-9 are me noticing her clothes, and wondering how they'd look on me. With other TGs, I have pretty much the same checklist except it only goes to 9. ;)

KaceyR
11-22-2013, 06:52 AM
When I "borrowed" something of my Mom's, I made a detailed map of everything I borrowed, and even how it was folded, like right cup in or left cup. After putting everything back where it came from, I tore up my map into little pieces and flushed it.

Reading this brought out the techie thought in me...
Back then I wouldn't have had this capability but...
With phones nowadays, it'd be easy to snap a quick picture to refer back to for the returning :)

Back when I was 18, my mom recognized something was amiss.
(had a girlfriend over..and she recognized some shuffled jewelry that the girlfriend had moved around on the dresser :) ) Busted! :)

LizzyRiordan
11-22-2013, 07:20 AM
I would do the same thing when I took something out of my Mom's dresser. I would definitely remember where they were and how they were in there. I have also been finding myself more and more doing thorough reviews of someone and wondering how something they would wear would look on me. There is definitely something to be said that our detail picking has increased.

eileendover
11-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Since I feel out of the loop, what was the original thread?
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?202559-Dagwood-goes-Blondie