PDA

View Full Version : Promotion or demotion?

CynthiaD
11-21-2013, 05:41 PM
I've been reading a lot of posts that make me curious about attitudes toward masculinity and femininity in general. Some people seem to be embarassed or ashamed of crossdressing, while others seem to embrace it fully. And there there seem to be all sorts of attitudes in between.

So my question is this, when you switch from male mode to female mode, do you feel like it's a promotion or a demotion, or neither? Personally, I feel it's a promotion. I like myself better as a female. I feel like I have improved myself by switching from male to female. Of the people I've met who I would wish to emulate, the vast majority are female.

What do you think?

Naomi Newman
11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
hmmm a very good question, i dont think its eithor if thats not confusing, i think its becoming who we are inside, but then i guess that promotion, and its others that see it as a demotion cos they dont like it when we become who we are...... not sure if that helps your point

KayleeTaylor
11-21-2013, 05:47 PM
I feel better about myself when I am dressed up too, I look younger, I feel pretty and it's about the only time you will ever see me smile. I used to be embarrassed and even though I haven't come out to too many people yet, when it happens and how it happens - I will stand proud :)

The only thing holding me back right now is my daughter, she is 9 and doesn't know and I don't want to add any unnecessary stress to her life.

Mink
11-21-2013, 05:51 PM
promotion in regards to one's self (and the way it makes you feel!) but more of a demotion in the eyes of the world ... and how one deals with that is up to them!

Zylia
11-21-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't think it's either for me because it's only a superficial change. At best it's a transition (although that obviously is a loaded word in this context) but I like to see it as an expression of a part of myself.

Kate Simmons
11-21-2013, 06:12 PM
At this point for myself I kind of view it as a lateral move Cynthia. Although, I will admit I can "get away" with more en femme, especially on the dance floor at the club. ;):battingeyelashes::)

Laura912
11-21-2013, 06:29 PM
Well, if the physicists are correct that particles can occupy more than one state simultaneously, then the answer is neither. Would that make me a quark? Did that quack you up?

Karren H
11-21-2013, 06:37 PM
The clothes I wear don't make me any more less of an amazingly awesome person.... and/or humble! lol. Neither.....

shayleetv
11-21-2013, 06:51 PM
I'm with you Karen, I'm just amazing too!

Stephanie Morgan
11-21-2013, 07:13 PM
I don't really think it would be either for me. I like my male side and my feminine side about equally. Although since really embracing my feminine side, I really really like the time I spend en femme so it may be a promotion that way. My wife says I am more relaxed and friendly as Stephanie.

bimini1
11-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Promotion. Until I return to male mode then I feel as though I've been demoted for dressing like female by society.

RenneB
11-21-2013, 07:39 PM
It's neither for me... although I prefer to call them my comfy clothes. Hard to figure out how a tight corset, spanx and other tight clothes make me comfy but they do. Great stress reliever... BTW... I'm relaxing now...

Renne.....

kimdl93
11-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hmmmmmm, I'll go with the premise. I feel better about myself, how I look and very much at home in my own skin when I'm dressed. Les so in male mode....so promotion it is.

sometimes_miss
11-21-2013, 09:11 PM
Neither demotion nor promotion. Simply wearing what I felt I was supposed to, and behaving how I felt normal. While in 'boy mode' I always feel like I'm playing a part in a show. I'm used to it, but it never quite feels normal. It's an act. An act I put on every time I step out of the house. I should win a damn academy award, I play it so well.

Eryn
11-21-2013, 09:18 PM
I see it more as a lateral transfer. I just happen to *feel* better when I am dressed.

GretchenJ
11-21-2013, 09:44 PM
To me it's more of a transition than a promotion or demotion..

Gretchen

donnalee
11-21-2013, 10:43 PM
OK - lets look at this closely. I had 2 older sisters, one now deceased. Both achieved doctorates, one had 5 masters degrees as well. I dropped out of college in my second year, even though I had the higher IQ. Both had successful professions, I had more of a calling, which was not very remunerative and started a business which failed after 10+ years for reasons I couln't control (earthquake, fire, recession and civil insurrection). Had to go to work for others for health reasons and managed to retire with a small pension. Who was the superior? Seems to me it favors the females.

Cynthia Anne
11-21-2013, 10:47 PM
I call it a promotion with a curse! But that's my life and I'm stickin' to it!

SometimesJen
11-22-2013, 12:41 AM
Oh, Laura, what a strange, yet charmed lady you are! Maybe we can go for a spin sometime. :heehee:

For me, switching from male to female mode is neither a promotion or demotion, it's simply a change that reflects who I am.

Lynn Marie
11-22-2013, 01:32 AM
It's just easier being a boy. Take a bath once a week and shave now and then. Pull some clothes out of the hamper and go. Girl stuff takes hours and everything should be clean and ironed!

Cheryl T
11-22-2013, 03:48 AM
At first I was embarrassed and ashamed and guilty and felt like a freak. That was years ago and since then I have come to accept myself and love myself.
Now I know that this is a huge part of who I am and I'm proud of it. I hold my head up when I go out and look people in the eye, I don't divert my gaze or react like the "deer in the headlights" anymore.

Marcelle
11-22-2013, 05:14 AM
Hey Cynthia,

Neither for me. Being in the military, my rank stays the same male or female :battingeyelashes:

Hugs

Isha

NicoleScott
11-22-2013, 08:30 AM
Always a guy, but one who takes occasional trips to Fantasyland. And back.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-22-2013, 08:33 AM
I don't consider it either.

Part of the reason I have more fun as "Linda" is that she carries none of the mental baggage that my male self has to deal with.

june58
11-22-2013, 08:57 AM
I don't consider it either one, I just have a difference in attitude, more relaxed and at peace.

Tina B.
11-22-2013, 10:59 AM
I see it more as a lateral transfer. I just happen to *feel* better when I am dressed.
"Ditto" "Ditto" and as many more ditto's as it takes to be able to hit send.

Beverley Sims
11-22-2013, 11:18 AM
For me it is a shift sideways.

Suzanne F
11-22-2013, 11:39 AM
I am happier as Suzanne. However she is showing up more often dressed or not. I don't know whether I would call it a promotion. It feels more like me!
Suzanne

5150 Girl
11-22-2013, 12:21 PM
Switching back to "ugly" is a definite DEmotion! I hate "him" and would get rid of him for good if I could/

S. Lisa Smith
11-22-2013, 12:25 PM
I feel empowered in a different way. I'm happy to be "a boy" and happy to be "a girl", no change in status at all...

suchacutie
11-22-2013, 01:20 PM
The Promotion arrived the day I realized that I'm a person who does switch genders, and that I am able to do so!!! After all, being transgendered really is such a rush!

Requal Jo
11-22-2013, 01:34 PM
It is definitely a promotion. My stress dissolves and I find enjoyment when in my femme side. I sometimes do not want to change back but unfortunately reality calls.

Darcy
11-22-2013, 02:28 PM
K you always have the best response to all these questions brought up here. Your the greatest and I can t wait to meet you. A pittsburgh guy all the way.Love ya girl.

Alice B
11-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Neither.It just lets the other side of my personality express itself. Bot are equal.