PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Manliest Crossdresser?

LelaK
11-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Are you a manly man in "drab" and a girly girl "dressed"? (Is anyone else here a fan of irony? Contradictions amuse and intrigue me. Do they you?)

I have 3 brothers who were probably all stronger than I, since I never tried to be strong or muscular, but I had to do quite a bit of hard work in my life, so I nonetheless was and am fairly strong. Harvesting hay bales by hand was one of the hardest jobs, especially when the bales got wet from rain. We'd let them dry out some, but they'd still weigh 80 pounds or so each. We often did it without wearing gloves. Bales wrapped in wire were the worst, but we usually had them wrapped with string. Lifting a few hundred or more of those in a day or two was quite a workout. And they each had to be lifted twice, though there were usually 4 or 5 of us to divide the work. (On top of the hard work, sweat, hay dust in your clothes and wear on the wrists, I also had hayfever.) (In recent decades large round bales became popular and those are moved with tractors and don't need any lifting. So farmers are getting soft, I'm sure.)

I'm curious about who among you has a manly occupation, but can look so delicate crossdressed. (Actually I'm intrigued by manly women too, but less so if they're very muscular).

I'd like to find out if anyone is manlier than the CD-boxer in a story from the tv show, "A Thousand Ways to Die". He is or was a boxer who liked to crossdress after work. I don't know if those shows were true, but that was an interesting CD story, and funny. Here's a link: http://www.spike.com/video-clips/uztz8n/1000-ways-to-die-suck-her-punched. The boxer looked pretty good dressed.

CD Impersonator
I just found out that some screwball pretended to be a CD in order to get on that show as a commentator. Here's his story: http://blog.sfgate.com/hleon/2010/08/26/i-infiltrate-spike-tvs-1000-ways-to-die-by-posing-as-a-crossdresser/. You can tell he's not a CD, but the public apparently couldn't tell. Does anyone think his story is funny? (If so, shame on you! HAHA)

Alice Torn
11-22-2013, 08:53 PM
I did a lot of hay baling in my teens, helping farmers here. I was tall and skinny, but made myself work hard. Then, went to work in a paint factory, toting 55 gallon drums around, and huge tubs of paint, 300 gallons, pushing and moving them, then gravedigger for over two yrs, digging with hand shovels and picks. Played basketball, baseball, football, mostly sandlot. I have slaved away doing agonizing work on my vehicles. I think my lack of a girlfriend, has me becoming her, in the closet, as being an unwanted bluecollar lonely bipolar guy has been emotionally and socially very painful. To transform into an attractive lady of my dreams, balances me out, though it comes with stresses, too.

LelaK
11-22-2013, 10:26 PM
Looks like you win, Alice. No one else here seems to be manly.

If the CD boxer in the tv episode was for real, then s/he might be manlier, but we'll have to look him/her up to find out.

Erica Marie
11-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Well Ill put in my two cents worth. I know for sure Im not the manliest, but I do my fair share of man work. Spring and fall is cutting and stacking fire wood, do most all my own auto repairs, no home improvent project that I cant handle and tomorrow morning Ill be up at 4 getting ready to head to the woods to take my son deer hunting. Its not our first time but we have yet to harvest a deer. Signs are good this year and if he does get one Ill be up to my armits in a deer belly. Im thinking that ranks up there somewhat high?

Marcelle
11-23-2013, 06:16 AM
I have been in the military for 30 years and for the past ten have been part of the Special Forces including various combat tours and the likes. As an aside I did (too old now) box for years and enjoy combative fighting (military version of UFC). Still enjoy various manly sports and love to clear brush on my acreage. When I am en femme . . . very girly.

Hugs

Isha

Zylia
11-23-2013, 07:38 AM
I have an art school degree (and the 'men' were severely outnumbered during lectures) and I work in the cultural and creative sector, so I guess that rules me out. I honestly believe Isha got a good shot at this (no pun intended of course considering her background :heehee:).

And a CD impersonator? They couldn't even find a REAL man in a dress? :D

LelaK
11-23-2013, 09:03 AM
I've never been good at fighting, so I'd better bow out of refereeing this contest. Does someone else want to ref?

My slightly younger brother found out when we were young that I wasn't much of a fighter, whereas he was, so I stopped bossing him after he put up a fight. My fighting style was always mainly defensive. When he'd try to hit or box me, I'd grab his wrists so he couldn't hurt me. I'm similar in ping-pong, i.e. defensive. I was never good at spinning the balls, but I got good at returning balls that were spinning. In fighting I was always afraid of hurting someone severely, which made me a poor fighter. I never wanted to give anyone a bloody nose, or a bruise, or concussion etc.

daviolin
11-23-2013, 09:11 AM
There was a time back in the day. I used to be a lumber jack in Colorado. That was quite a contrast to crossdressing. But as Michael Palin once sang. " I'm a lumber jack and I'm OK". I loved that song. Daviolin

Marcelle
11-23-2013, 09:39 AM
There was a time back in the day. I used to be a lumber jack in Colorado. That was quite a contrast to crossdressing. But as Michael Palin once sang. " I'm a lumber jack and I'm OK". I loved that song. Daviolin

LOL . . . Love the skit and as soon as you said lumberjack that is the first thing that came to mind.

Hugs

Isha

Tina B.
11-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Truck driver and Furniture mover for 30 years, we never had a women work in the trade. Now you do see them as drivers and packers, but they still leave the heavy stuff to the guys.
We considered ourselves to be very many.
Of course not so manly on the weekends!

Lynn Marie
11-23-2013, 10:13 AM
When I was young and in my prime I did manly stuff all the time.
Now I'm old and often wear a dress, not all that manly I guess!

Candice Mae
11-23-2013, 10:19 AM
Although I don't work a real physical job, it is a male dominated profession. But having the muscle tone of a teenage girl and boobs, carrying heavy objects is almost impossible.

Karren H
11-23-2013, 10:21 AM
I am a coal miner.... I play ice hockey.... I dress like a woman.... but stature wise I have never been "manly".... and I work hard to be semi effeminate even in male clothing....

Beverley Sims
11-23-2013, 01:12 PM
I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wildflowers
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars

Nope! not a manly CD.
All soft features here.

Alice Torn
11-23-2013, 01:30 PM
I know i am not the manliest, as i have never had the responsibilty of a wife and children. That takes a better man than i am.

Karren H
11-23-2013, 03:44 PM
I cut down trees, I skip and jump
I like to press wildflowers
I put on women's clothing
And hang around in bars

Nope! not a manly CD.
All soft features here.

No that song is stuck in my head! lol

Marleena
11-23-2013, 03:47 PM
No that song is stuck in my head! lol

I have a better one Karren.lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuBcDB4_e3Q

cdxmatty
11-23-2013, 04:46 PM
your going old school now. . . :) brings be back to the days of my youth. well done!

Marleena
11-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Well I'm showing my age now Matty but my kids used to love his show and after hearing the intro hundreds of times it's forever imprinted in my brain.:)

Alice Torn
11-23-2013, 05:49 PM
I heard that Fred Rogers was a combat veteran, must have witnessed horrendous things. Yet, came across as such a gentle, almost effeminate guy. You never know a person by how they come across.

LelaK
11-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Just so happens that, after watching the Mr. Rogers video, I saw another video just now of 35 facts about Mr. Rogers, and one of them was that he was never in the military and had no tattoos. I had heard the stories too that said the opposite, so it was interesting to hear those 35 facts, whether or not they were all true, though they sounded true and interesting.

NathalieX66
11-23-2013, 11:42 PM
I see myself as a cuttlefish.
A cuttlefish is a type of squid that is highly intelligent, that has the ability to appear as the other gender while mating a female when a dominant male is nearby....mainly to hide himself.

docrobbysherry
11-24-2013, 01:11 AM
I have never been a manly man and I'm not a girly girl.

However, when I was young, no one could ever beat me in leg wrestling. Even if they weighed 100 pounds more than me!

And now, in photos and my mirror, I can imitate some of the girliest girls!

Teddie
11-24-2013, 07:17 AM
I'm a retired firefighter. Dressed like a woman back then, and continue to dress that way now.

Marcelle
11-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Just so happens that, after watching the Mr. Rogers video, I saw another video just now of 35 facts about Mr. Rogers, and one of them was that he was never in the military and had no tattoos. I had heard the stories too that said the opposite, so it was interesting to hear those 35 facts, whether or not they were all true, though they sounded true and interesting.

Yup . . . know this community well and Fred Rogers (Mr Rogers) never served in the military at all. He went from academia to media with no stop in the military Marines or Navy Seals. He was born in 1928 and would have been too old to enlist for Vietnam where he is attributed to having 25 - 42 (depends on the story) confirmed sniper kills.

Hugs

Isha

kymberlyjean
11-24-2013, 11:40 AM
I have been a firefighter for 20 years, I also teach fire academy and work on fire trucks part time. I ride a Harley, drive a huge truck, restore muscle cars, do all sorts of woodworking, construction and welding. I run a lot and lift weights regularly. I'm built like a linebacker. I've got my transformation down to where I've been in girl mode and walked right past people that know my male self without even a second look or hint of recognition and vice versa. I don't think I act super girly when dressed, but my wife says I carry myself different. Not way effeminate, just gentler, better posture, etc. She says I normally stomp into a room like a lumberjack and everyone knows I have arrived.

Double Sided Card
11-24-2013, 05:34 PM
I myself am an avid gym rat as well as crossdresser. I am guessing there are many manly men who still enjoy crossdressing.

Erica Marie
11-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Is there such a thing as manly or as feminine. Or is it how you feel on the inside.
I can say I was manly this weekend. Sat out in single digit weather with my son deer hunting, we braved the cold for a day and a half, he harvested a deer. I gutted it for the first time, had a friend show us how to butcher it. I was right there with bloddy hands all of this while teaching the son that I fathered. I guess I am a man. Well Im no more of a man then than my friends wife. She also harvester her first buck this weekend, she too gutted it herself and she was right there helping us butcher it today. And needless to say she is a very lovely young lady.
So with all of that said, what is manly and what is feminine?

SherriePall
11-25-2013, 11:23 AM
I say that I am. Anyone want to make something of it?

See, nobody can deny it. No posts since mine. LOL.

PatChick
11-30-2013, 05:43 PM
I don't have a manly occupation, but I do play manly sports. I play organized tackle football. I play running back, and Free Safety or Linebacker. However I do get to wear under-armour which is a lot like pantyhose underneath my football pants!

Alice B
11-30-2013, 08:25 PM
I 'm retired from three different careers and all very considered very manly. How little they knew. To almost everyone I know outside of family consider me a manly man. It's fun to have two personalities and looks.

Alice Torn
11-30-2013, 08:34 PM
It looks like we are all like double agents, or secret agents in disguises.

KayleeTaylor
11-30-2013, 08:50 PM
After reading this and seeing what you girls define a manly man as, I guess I am not. I have never played sports, don't even know much about them at all. I hate going to family get-togethers because there is always a football game on and everyone is cheering for whatever reason, I find it pointless. My career, yeah there are women in the Army too, so I wouldn't say that is manly, unless of coarse your MOS is male specific, which mine was not. I have been a single parent for 9 years, I enjoy teaching and helping my daughter. I love to cook, I keep my home very clean and thoughtfully decorated. I can appreciate the beauty and design of architecture, I love going to art galleries, we have a wonderful fine arts center here. Oh, and I am real big in the car scene, but there are just as many women into cars as there are men, so that doesn't count. Since I am out of the Army now, I started up a home business dealing directly with some of the industry leaders in the car culture.

Still, I don't really see an individuals occupation as an expression of their gender role.

Michelle55
11-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I never played contact sports as I'm not a burly build, but I am a lumberjack. I also farm and run a sawmill. Yes I moved a lot of those "small square" bales of hay, but for the last couples years almost all the hay is put up in round bales as that is what most of my customers want.

I remember when I was a skinny kid of about 14 years old and 100 pounds, and my dad decided to have 2 18 year old, 180+ pound football palyers help us. After ONE load on the wagon they decided to go to town to get better gloves and we never saw them again. They couldn't keep up with the little skinny kid.

I still have smaller arms than most women and my wife says better legs, but I do need padding to get a nice shape.

NicoleScott
12-01-2013, 08:32 AM
There are members here who, still attached to their penis, declare "I am a woman". Choosing to ignore all the evidence that indicates otherwise, they are saying that the only important thing is the brain, and their brain says they are women. If so, then the same goes for being a man, not your build, your body hair, your voice, nor your job or interests.
So, it may be that the manliest of us are the fetish dressers, transforming ourselves into the most feminine creatures in order to enjoy the sex that follows without the complications of relationships. Getting what we want, how we want it, when we want it.

Guy19
12-01-2013, 09:30 AM
Lol OP........

Sarah Beth
12-01-2013, 10:59 AM
I have had jobs that and do right now that are mainly the male dominated kind of activities. I also worked in social services types of jobs that are predominantly femaile dominated occupations. I have spent a lot of time over the years though doing things like riding motorcyles, Harley's and dirt bikes, and there was time in my life where I thought fighting someone was the man thing to do. I sure don't all that feminine at least in the face when I'm dressed so I guess I would be considered to be a manly crossdresser if you just looked at the outside picture of things. However, when I put on those clothes I'm not manly on the inside and I'm not sure I am all that manly all the time even when not dressed. At least in my heart.

skirtsuit
12-01-2013, 11:05 AM
I've mentioned this before, but why try and re-enforce gender stereotypes on a forum more-or-less dedicated to smashing them?

Do you giggle at male nurses or female auto mechanics? It's the 21st century - get over it!!!

Best Regards,
SS

karinels
12-01-2013, 11:32 PM
My personality from years ago would press more towards a manly man. A tall, skinny, mouthy, redneck, underweight, lanky, somewhat uncoordinated man. My jobs have included all phases of residential construction, to almost everything in maufacturing. Am currently back into plumbing unfortunately, having to deal with heavy pipe, eels, tank lids, pumps, toilets, ect... But at the end of the day, when i get home, and get my daily Karin time, im very girly