PDA

View Full Version : Transgenderist

JuliaC
11-24-2013, 03:16 PM
Has anyone here ever thought about classifying themselves as a transgenderist? I was reading about it today and im kinda in between thinking im a transgenderist and a crossdresser. I mean I would like to live as a female part time (a day a week or so) and I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this?

Stephanie Morgan
11-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Transgenderist is a term I am not familiar with....looks like I need to do a little reading up!

Kelly DeWinter
11-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Ohhhhnoooooooooooooooooooooooo MR Billlllll . Not ANOTHER label !

Kate Simmons
11-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Labels are a dime a dozen as far as I'm concerned. Who you are as a person is the important thing.:)

Rogina B
11-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Curb your enthusiasm...no labeling needed...

LelaK
11-24-2013, 09:49 PM
Apparently, a transgenderist is one who supports transgenderism.
(Transgenderism (social movement)) Transgenderism or transmovement is a social movement seeking transgender rights and affirming transgender pride.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transgenderism_(social_movement)

What definition are you using? Do you mean transsexual perchance?

Beverley Sims
11-24-2013, 11:01 PM
The only labels I use are address labels and for home preserves.
It is not really any use trying to think what you may be.
Even psychiatrists are wary putting labels on problems they are presented with.
Then again, are you smarter than a psychiatrist?

UNDERDRESSER
11-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Has anyone here ever thought about classifying themselves as a transgenderist? I doubt it. Thought I suppose it's possible if I knew what it meant, or even what you think it means.

Lucy_Bella
11-24-2013, 11:34 PM
I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this? Do not do something you'd later regret..

AmyGaleRT
11-25-2013, 12:05 AM
Agreed, Lucy! Trying to take hormones without being under a doctor's care is downright dangerous, and the hormones themselves can have irreversible effects. I wouldn't recommend it unless you're suffering from serious gender dysphoria, all the way up to being full-blown TS.

Of course, Julia could have meant things like growing her hair out, growing better nails, removing body hair, and getting her ears pierced. None of that is necessarily regrettable (and I've done most of that myself).

- Amy

GaleWarning
11-25-2013, 12:55 AM
On a recent job application form, I wrote in a blank space on the form, "I support the LGBT community".
Still waiting to hear from them.

Tracii G
11-25-2013, 01:12 AM
I have thought about trying to do some feminizing things to my body. What are you thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

Like what exactly?

Lynn Marie
11-25-2013, 06:31 AM
We do this label thing a couple of times a week!

Seems to me that a good label should give a brief description of who you are with positive reactions and minimal explanations. I really like the idea of a positive reaction.

AndreaCD1963
11-25-2013, 06:36 AM
The only time I REALLY worry about labels is first thing in the morning, after my shower. It's really important to me that the label is at the back of my panties when I put them on :-)

KayleeTaylor
11-25-2013, 06:43 AM
I have never heard that label before. As others have said, it's far more important to be comfortable with yourself than to be concerned about labels. I think you should seek counseling to get a better understanding on how far you really desire to go, especially before you do any body modifications that you might regret later. Now if you are talking about reducing body hair, getting mani's/pedi's, by all means - do it! Those things will make you feel like a million bucks :D

kimdl93
11-25-2013, 09:34 PM
Some CDrs are quite insistent that they are simply men who enjoy dressing as women, not transgendered and I'm ok with that distinction. Many CDrs feel that they are to some degree a blend of male and female and readily accept the label of transgendered. Honestly, theres's no reason to concoct another term or classification.

LelaK
11-25-2013, 11:05 PM
What's the harm in concocting new labels? It happens all the time, I think.

Lynn Marie
11-25-2013, 11:10 PM
Some CDrs are quite insistent that they are simply men who enjoy dressing as women, not transgendered and I'm ok with that distinction. Many CDrs feel that they are to some degree a blend of male and female and readily accept the label of transgendered. Honestly, theres's no reason to concoct another term or classification.

Amen Kim. I guess we have to do this so often because there's so little of substance to talk about here. It's okay, because every once in a while someone will post a gem.

JuliaC
11-25-2013, 11:24 PM
here is the definition I was refering to http://www.firelily.com/gender/gianna/transgenderists.html

thechic
11-26-2013, 12:39 AM
I don't care much for label's but ,do what you must as you are the one living your own life , be happy ,but just don't take risks . there is no harm in giving yourself a label but don't give others labels.