PDA

View Full Version : Went out for breakfast today

Paula T
11-24-2013, 06:14 PM
in guy mode (well almost):) and couldn't help but notice that things seem to have changed since the 60's and 70's. We used to go for breakfast after church and a lot of if not most of the customers were dressed up it seemed. (women and men).:) Now today I was there for most of an hour and I did not see even one lady in a skirt or dress. In fact most had jeans or slacks. The guys were also very casually dressed (think jeans and sneakers) This is in the midwest (MN) and it was cold but not in your car.:D The best dressed couple I seen was an older couple where the lady had on nice slacks and dress flats and the gentleman also had on a nice dress shirt and dress shoes. One couple in all that time and lots of people came and went.:sad:. I ask you ladies have times changed that much?:eek: I also noticed that most gals (not all) looked like they had no makeup on whatsoever. :daydreaming:

RADER
11-24-2013, 11:22 PM
Paqula;
You are correct, today it is almost impossible to find a GG wearing a skirt as casual
attire. I am going to bet you it is the CDers that wear most of the skirts made today;
at least it seems so.
Rader

Nikki A.
11-24-2013, 11:25 PM
I've gone to a MCC church and to a diner with friends in Allentown. In general there is a casualness now that did not exist then for both sexes. I was raised in a church that still strongly urges women to wear skirts to the masses so I see the difference between the two churches.
However, I do see some well dressed people.

Beverley Sims
11-24-2013, 11:57 PM
Fashions have changed over the years, ladies...... do you remember them, they were invented before women. :)
They traveled with hat and gloves even on the aeroplane.
None of this big packages and sloppy clothes.
These days makeup is minimal and people dress for comfort not appearance.
The best breakfast is in Las Vegas at three o'clock in the morning and is usually presented at an introductory price of about five dollars.

Lorileah
11-25-2013, 12:15 AM
and this is why the anonymous post about how CDs view the world, this just shows that that OP was correct.

How many of the men had on makeup? Did you have a suit and tie on?

Rachelakld
11-25-2013, 12:20 AM
Sorry I'm a minimumalist,
light foundation, mascara, summer dress (or casual pants and top if it's cold), flats.

Paula T
11-25-2013, 11:14 AM
and this is why the anonymous post about how CDs view the world, this just shows that that OP was correct.

How many of the men had on makeup? Did you have a suit and tie on?

Nope I didn't but I was dressed a bit shall we say "nattier" than most men there.:)