PDA

View Full Version : Erie Sisters Gala and SO's

debbeelee1
11-25-2013, 07:47 AM
My SO and I just attended our first Erie Sisters Gala in Erie, PA and WOW, what a fantastic time it was! There were about 100 of us there and I'd say about 20% of us had our SO's with us.

It was totally amazing how our SO's were treated! They had an "SO only" lunch for them on Saturday where they could be alone and talk about "us" for an hour. They ended up talking about us for over 2 hours and shared their stories, problems, etc.

Later that night, after dinner, all of the SO's were asked to come out to the dance floor where they were praised, received pink roses and received a standing ovation that lasted for quite a while. It was really a class act!

The SO's really appreciated all of this attention and it just goes to show you, that they are worth their weight in gold!

BTW, the Gala was an incredible experience and everything was first class!

sweetshauna
11-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Sounds like great fun! The S/Os' really deserve that kind of praise.
When is the next one? I live in North Ohio. Would love to attend sometime, and have my wife recognized for her participation and support.

Beverley Sims
11-25-2013, 12:25 PM
It would be nice to see more occasions like this.
Kudos to the organizers.

MssHyde
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
lucky girl. I would have loved to be there with my wife (or at all)

BarbaraMarie
11-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I will join with Debbee in praising the Erie Sisters Gala. My wife and I had a fabulous time. It was truly a life changing experience, and I can't wait until next year.
Hugs,
Barbara

debbeelee1
11-25-2013, 07:16 PM
The Gala is organized by a very fine group, The Erie Sisters (http://eriesisters.ning.com/). It's a yearly event held a week before Thankgiving.

On a side note for you NE Ohio girls; There is a monthly Girls Night Out (3rd Saturday of every month) at the Funky Skunk in Warren, Ohio. It's a very safe, friendly and fun place to go! You've probably seen the lovely Marsha Clark's famous pool table pics here on the forum!

kimdl93
11-25-2013, 09:03 PM
that is such a wonderful way to show consideration and appreciation for those great 20% who came to support their partners!

MichelleOhioCD
11-28-2013, 03:28 PM
My wife and I were at the gala also and I have to agree with everything that Debbee has written! We had a wonderful time and I encourage everyone to attend next year.