PDA

View Full Version : Fast fixins

Kate Simmons
11-25-2013, 12:04 PM
While I realize this is not a drag (no pun intended) race, many of us have been dressing for a good number of years and could probably do it in our sleep and in the dark. Kind of like how many of us learned to assemble and disassemble things in the military. That having been said, how quick can you get ready en femme if circumstances change or you get an unexpected opportunity? I've been known to be out the door in a matter of 20 minutes if I'm already shaved. This includes the whole nine yards of clothing, makeup and accessories. I can do it with alacrity but am understandably curious about others. :)

Beverley Sims
11-25-2013, 12:10 PM
Kate,
Just to get the better of you....
Nineteen minutes and thirty seconds.
In all practicality about the same time.
I would still be checking as I went out the door:)

S. Lisa Smith
11-25-2013, 12:11 PM
I don't think I'm that fast. Maybe 40 minutes or slightly less.

Taylor186
11-25-2013, 12:12 PM
Took me 4 1/2 hours this past Halloween and that was with everything ready to go. Could probably knock off 1/2 hour if I really tried.

NicoleScott
11-25-2013, 12:16 PM
For some, getting ready is a chore required to be en femme. For others, like me, getting ready is when the pleasure starts. I love the process of making up and getting dressed, and the more to it (nails, jewelery, perfume, etc.) the better it is. If it's a race, the last one finished wins.

Tracii G
11-25-2013, 12:22 PM
One hour is the quickest for me. Usually 2 hours is about average.

Debra Russell
11-25-2013, 12:41 PM
If it's a sunny day, if I have all ready shaved and I can get away with wearing sunglasses and depending on my outfit - about 10 min - eye makup and more attention to detail 20 min to seemingly forever, if I look in the mirror..............................Debra

Alice Torn
11-25-2013, 12:47 PM
I would guess 20 to 25 minutes.

Shanine
11-25-2013, 01:05 PM
20 minutes is about right, 40 or so if I need to shave or want a shower with a lovely scented body wash to lay the foundation.

Lexi Moralas
11-25-2013, 01:40 PM
Went I was able to go out I almost ways had to get ready in the car. That said I can get everything done in about 20 minutes ( if I am shaved ) that's the whole 9 including a a corset , make up , nails , jewelry every thing. The change back is about 35 , getting all the eyeliner in a pain!

carhill2mn
11-25-2013, 02:17 PM
I am about the same as you unless I mess up my mascara and assuming that I know what I want to wear!

DeeArel
11-25-2013, 02:18 PM
I can do it 15 minutes if the face has already been waxed or shaved. If not, less than an hour.

daviolin
11-25-2013, 03:25 PM
I know I can do it in a flash, but, on the same note, it won't happen in my real world. Because the girl comes out in me, and I have try on so many combinations of clothes to be satisfied with my appearance. So on a scale of 10, being the quickest. I would score a weak 1. Daviolin

Rachelakld
11-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Shave 2 min
Foundation 60 sec.
mascara 60 sec
lipstick 30 sec
dressed 4 minutes (if I've pre-chosen the clothes, otherwise 40 minutes as I change my mind 10 times)

Actually in reality, it's about 10 minutes as I fuss about finding makeup that the kids have borrowed and left all over the floor of my bedroom

Karren H
11-25-2013, 04:39 PM
I can be out the door in under 5 minutes.... assuming the neighbors don't mind seeing me leave the house in a bra and panties...

Nadine Spirit
11-25-2013, 04:49 PM
It depends on what I am wearing and if I have picked my outfit already. Lets say, shaving face, dressing, & makeup, maybe 30 minutes.

Otherwise, normally I give myself 1 - 2 hours. That would be for full body shaving, putting together a somewhat decent outfit, time for eyeliner, and moment to check myself over in the mirror, and ideally a picture as well.

Marcelle
11-25-2013, 05:28 PM
Okay not really a fair comparison but when I acted in the play "Leading Ladies" I had to go from a guy in a tux to a woman in a ball gown in 15 minutes . . . had two dressers and two make-up people. :)

In actuality perhaps I could squeak out a solo 1 hour dressing . . . still struggle on the cover-up.

Hugs

Isha

JamieQ
11-25-2013, 06:38 PM
For me most times I go out are about 20 minutes if clean shaven, including makeup. I got some Dermablend and that really saved alot of time! I probably should take a little more time though and do a bit more detail, especially on face....

linda allen
11-25-2013, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't it depend on the level of presentation you are trying to achieve? Are you wearing long sleeves and jeans or tights or do you have to trim or shave arm and leg hair? Will you be wearing sunglasses or will you have to trim your eyebrows and put on eye makeup? And how much eye makeup?

Kate Simmons
11-25-2013, 06:50 PM
I can be out the door in under 5 minutes.... assuming the neighbors don't mind seeing me leave the house in a bra and panties...If you are wearing the hockey gear I doubt they would Karr. :heehee::)

A lot would depend on what you choose to wear Linda but I tend to tone down my makeup a lot more these days, so that is quick fixin' :)

kimdl93
11-25-2013, 09:05 PM
yeah, I learned to strip down and reassemble and M16. Not sure I've ever felt the same pressure - can you imagine having to transform from male to female under the scrutiny of your Drill Sergeant? But, in a pinch (not counting shave and shower) I can be reasonably presentable in 20-30 minutes.

julia marie
11-25-2013, 09:35 PM
30 minutes sounds right (post shave and shower), assuming I'm already organized in terms of laying out clothes etc.

AmyGaleRT
11-26-2013, 02:03 AM
Oh heavens, it takes me at least 90 minutes to transform...but that includes waiting 15 minutes for my nails to dry. I'm getting better at doing my makeup, but I'm still a bit slow. The good news is, I usually block out way too much time to get ready, so I finish with time to spare. :)

- Amy

Eryn
11-26-2013, 02:15 AM
Last week I had an appointment with a doctor and wanted to go out en femme afterwards. I think the switchover time was about 20 minutes in the back seat of our car.

Certain things got omitted but I ended up looking pretty good and had a pleasant evening of shopping and bar trivia without having to drive home from the appointment.

Amanda_P
11-26-2013, 02:15 AM
The fastest I ever got dressed and made up is about 30 minutes. Then someone knocked on the door and got it all off in 5. I hate it when that happens.

Lynn Marie
11-26-2013, 04:40 AM
Gee whiz Kate, it takes me nearly 20 minutes to get my nails on! Another 20 minutes figuring out what I'm going to wear, and at least another 30 minutes spackling and painting my face! A classy old broad has minimum standards you know.

KayleeTaylor
11-26-2013, 05:53 AM
I don't know, never really timed myself. I enjoy the whole process, so I tend to take my time. So maybe around an hour. :)

Kate Simmons
11-26-2013, 07:41 AM
Gee whiz Kate, it takes me nearly 20 minutes to get my nails on! Another 20 minutes figuring out what I'm going to wear, and at least another 30 minutes spackling and painting my face! A classy old broad has minimum standards you know. Yeah Lynn. Too bad we can't package it as "Instant Transformation" and nuke it like a TV dinner. Give 'em time, they'll figure out how to do it. ;) :)

Once again, bear in mind everyone I'm talking about how fast for an unexpected opportunity, not so much the regular regimen/ ritual. I like to take my time with that myself. :)

BLUE ORCHID
11-26-2013, 08:12 AM
Hi Kate , About 15 to 20 minutes dressed and just lipstick and shaded glasses.

Taylor186
11-26-2013, 08:25 AM
... Then someone knocked on the door and got it all off in 5. I hate it when that happens.

LOL, oh yes, been there. It can come off a lot faster than it goes on.

suchacutie
11-26-2013, 09:16 AM
I always enjoy the ritual so it's normally an hour, afterwhich Ido my nails. The one time I suddenly realized Tina could have some time if I moved it asap it was 35 minutes from a standstill, and that was all the bells and whistles except nails.

I then used my nail time to transition mentally.

stephNE
11-26-2013, 10:59 AM
When the unexpected opportunity arises, I can be ready in about an hour. Maybe less if I don't paint my nails. My legs are always shaved, wig is ready and my clothes are pretty much ready to go. But I actually enjoy the process of getting ready. Most cases, it takes me 2 to 2-1/2 hours, just because I enjoy and savor each step.

Jaymees22
11-26-2013, 12:33 PM
I think 20 minutes is the quickest, longer if doing my nails. Also all ready shaved. Hugs Jaymee

Lorileah
11-26-2013, 12:58 PM
when I was dating, my BF would text me and say meet him at a certain place at 7. Since I was at work and it takes 18 minutes to drive home, 5 minutes to feed the cats, take off that old worn makeup, replace it and get to the bar that was 20 minutes away...I would say if unexpected.....15 minutes

Nikki A.
11-26-2013, 01:44 PM
I enjoy the process & try not to rush it. Including shaving and nails and dressing about 90 minutes. If I need to rush and skip the polish and liner and mascara probably 30 mins or less.

Connie D50
11-26-2013, 01:51 PM
about an hour to blend into the world :-)

Aylineira
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
This question really depends on how well you can pass without needing any additional makeup or masking. However for me it only takes me 15-20 minutes.

Megan b
11-26-2013, 08:01 PM
I also enjoy the process of getting ready. After I shower and shave, it takes me roughly an hour to get ready (hair, makeup and clothes). I have tried to see how fast I can get ready and my best time is about 40 minutes but that's not going anywhere, just hanging around the house. To me getting ready is half the fun and enjoyment.