PDA

View Full Version : Testosterone, men and all that stuff.

suzy1
11-25-2013, 01:38 PM
I want to make a simple statement…………. and then run.
I am a man according to my birth certificate and something down there were the sun don’t shine.
If I really really had to hang a label around my neck it would have to be transgender.
I think and feel very feminine and I always have, but I am rambling so I will get to the point.
Testosterone and manly aggression.
I have the shortest fuse in the world. I am known for it. I just blow up!...... and then cool off again and I am then a pussy cat.
But I have known more than one woman that was just as bad as me. [And no, not just once a month] so I think there is a lot of nonsense talked about men and testosterone.

Disagree with me and your history my friend!:straightface:

BillieJoEllen
11-25-2013, 02:03 PM
I've known a lot of people (both men and women) that had short fuses and could and would get angry over the slightest little aggravation. I think the biggest difference is how the anger is handled later. A man will tend to stifle himself and bury the situation and try to forget it while the woman will try and talk about what happened and try to reach some sort of 'truce'.

This is only generally speaking because there are always exceptions but I believe this is generally correct. I know it is in the circle of people I know.

Kate Simmons
11-25-2013, 02:04 PM
I think sometimes "being a man" is somewhat over rated my friend. ;):heehee::)

Angela Campbell
11-25-2013, 02:07 PM
I can tell you that after some time of not having much testosterone in my body, that aggression has markedly been reduced. The desire to control others, to outdo others, has gone away for me. Anger is a different thing altogether.

jenni_xx
11-25-2013, 02:13 PM
suzy

The way I understand it is that masculinity and femininity are not gender specific. They are merely traits more commonly assigned to one gender over the other. Both genders have both traits. To say (for example) a man is feminine is not the same as saying a man is effeminate. To say that a woman is tough, strong, independent (words commonly regarded as being masculine traits) should not, ever, devalue her status as a woman. Masculine - feminine - their just description words.

Allison Quinn
11-25-2013, 08:37 PM
I don't like the idea that women can't have a short fuse if they aren't on their periods or that if they get upset it must just be the time of the month :P While men of course are more aggressive I know people of both sexes who can have one thing said to them and explode! The same of course is true for the other option of being very timid and whatnot c: But you don't need to be a man to be aggressive o.e It has to be individual based, how you're brought up, your family, background etc. Being a girl alone doesn't dictate that you will have a milder temper.

kimdl93
11-25-2013, 08:42 PM
I don't think males have a monopoly on short fuses or being temperamental. And I learned a long time ago that the anger response is basically a choice. We often hear the expression: He/she/it makes me so mad! In reality he/she/it don't make us anything at all....we choose how we respond to whatever stimulus may be provided other people or incidents. We could choose to be mildly amused, offended, perplexed, disappointed or any number of other responses besides "mad".

Learning that helped me take a greater measure of responsibility for my own behavior - I could no longer blame outside forces for my childish temper tantrums. (I still lose my cool more often than I'd like but far less than in the past.)

AimeeG
11-25-2013, 08:57 PM
When I was younger (early 20's) I used to have a short fuse and lots of buttons to be pressed. Joined the military and discovered that everybody outranked me and it wasn't very useful and I drank too much. Then I had some "leadership" training and found out that I didn't need to have buttons, so I took them away and realized drinking excessively didn't help anything, so I slowed way down (helps with weight loss too). When I got to the top of the "ranks" I used to have to act like I was upset when "they" did stupid $h!+ and would have to yell at them and slam doors. Afterwards I would I would go to my office or the mess and laugh. It's kind of scary when I'm talking in my quiet fem voice one minute and the next second I'm at full drill Sargent. Pretty sure it had nothing to do with my testosterone. Hope you didn't run too far.

Jilmac
11-25-2013, 11:35 PM
I think testosterone is overrated.

Cynthia Anne
11-26-2013, 04:10 AM
Call it what you may! I call it the red-neck in me!
And believe, a red-neck girl can have a short fuse! If you need proof; then cross my path!!!

Lynn Marie
11-26-2013, 04:11 AM
I'm on to you Suzy. You just like to stir up a big stink and run! I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth!

Beverley Sims
11-26-2013, 05:00 AM
I have a tablet for that, it runs windows. :)

BLUE ORCHID
11-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Hi Suzy, I'm afraid to comment on this because I don't want to be un-friended.

suzy1
11-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I'm on to you Suzy. You just like to stir up a big stink and run! I'll hunt you down to the ends of the earth!

I wouldn't recommend it Lynn. Light my fuse and you are going to be sorry!:eek:

O.K. a hug for now but...............

mikiSJ
11-26-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a very long fuse, but it is also tied to a very large explosion.

My experience has been that CIS women have short fuses, quick explosions and quick cleaning up.

Twenty years ago I was taking testosterone injections (pre-Androgel). I would be in something close to a 'roid rage' for the next couple of days and I stopped with the injections. All of my social ills have been caused by testosterone, and I will be immensely grateful to the urologist who takes the 'boys' next year.

JennyLynn
11-26-2013, 03:46 PM
OMG Suzie.... If I did disagree with you, I wouldn't be afraid to say so. But, the truth of the matter is.. you got it. The only thing I would add is..the difference between me and my wife is..if I am pissed about something, I let it out and then get over it. My wife is still pissed at things that happened years ago! Geesh... quit kicking the goat that pissed on your foot and be thankful for the milk he gave you today! I get mad, let it out, let's resolve it and move on. Women will hold the piss against you forever sometimes. Must be a tough burden to bear and I actually feel bad for them.... makes me glad I'm a man who can be a woman. Best of both worlds!

Jenny

Alice Torn
11-26-2013, 05:58 PM
That is one of only several things about women, I am turned off by. They look too beautiful to have bad tempers. A lovely rose has sharp painful thorns. I used to think that only men passed gas, too. Sad reality found this not true. GG's have to go to the toilet also, another unpleasant fact. I do not like my fuse. I also remember everything from the past, too, wish i could forget most of it.I totally blow up at times, when i hit my head, stub the toes, can't fix the car, or my family of origin pushes my buttons, or some other control freak tries to control me.