PDA

View Full Version : Just Sharing.

Alice Torn
11-26-2013, 09:52 AM
Well, I just needed to share, as I have no friends in the area i live in. During the big storms on 11/17, I worked out on the street on my old Dodge, which i took a gamble on, on had an old motor put in. It was so windy, and stormy, that i had to take cover several times.Tornado watches all day, and, south of here got plastered by powerful tornadoes. I did not underdress or dress, when outside working on the car for weeks. I finally took the car to a garage, and they found the problem, and I should have the car back Wed or Fri, if i have enough money. Three months without my car running, took a lot of agony and patience. I did dress up, after i cleaned up, a few times a week.It would sure make me thankful, on Thanksgiving, to have me dear old 76 Dodge Aspen alive and well, again. I have moved 48 times in my life, and gave up my little business and friends, and life, i Tacoma Wa, to move back here, and end up with my extremely toxic father, and later, my super intense harsh, brother. His twin brother sends me very critical letters from prison. They blame me partly for being arrested, and have ridiculed me my entire life. My therapist, strongly urges me to move further away from them. My dad is a 92 yr old immature little kid control freak, too. All are control freaks, incapable of a healthy relationship! My sister is 65, never had a relationship, or marriage, either. Extremely abnormal fusion family. I hope i can afford to move maybe into Wisconsin, fairly soon, even if they strongly object. Holidays are the wrost possible time for me, and others with toxic families of origin.

daviolin
11-26-2013, 09:56 AM
You poor dear Alice. I hope you find happiness soon. You deserve it girl. Daviolin

Rachael Leigh
11-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Alice I will lift you up in my prayers hon

Kelly DeWinter
11-26-2013, 10:15 AM
Alice,

Your family and mine seem to be from the same mold. The only way I got peace was by separating myself from the toxic people in my life . It als helps to remember that YOU are not responsible for the decision that they make in their lives. Then you will have the freedom to live without feeling guilt of their comments. If you ever want to chat drop me a number at my email address.

Kelly

Jaymees22
11-26-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi, Thanks for Sharing. Remember you can choose your friends but not your relatives.

I have many un-fond memories of a Dodge Aspen we used to have. It kept having problems getting water and dirt in the gas in the carburetor. After draining the gas tank and rebuilding the carburetor more than a few times. I found that the fuel line had rusted through along the frame on the right side, the frame in that area was a channel that held the fuel line and a lot of salt and sand gathered there and got sucked into the fuel at that point.

I hope things get better for you and soon. Hugs Jaymee

Beverley Sims
11-26-2013, 02:13 PM
Alice,
Loneliness is awful, I have experienced it myself, situations change and I hope for the better for you.
Thanksgiving is one of those times that does hurt.
Take a deep breath and I hope you have your car back.
I wish you the best for this time of year.
My thoughts are with you on this occasion.
I have spent a couple of my Thanksgivings in recent years on AMTRAK traveling across the country.
There are the "Black Friday sales, they buck me up. :)

Bria
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Alice, I'm very sorry that you have such a stressful life at the moment. I hope that in the future you can change your living situation and lead a quieter life, in the meantime I'll keep you in my prayers, Hugs Bria

Carmen
11-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Alice you have come a long way and will go a lot further.
I come from a big family and have separated from them as they would try to latch on only to live off of me. I only relate to my dad, 1 brither and 1 sister.

People make their choices, so they must live with that...not you. People become very good at pointing blame for their mistakes, so do not acept any of it.
I have learned that family will try to drag us down with them into their level, I refused to allow that!

(For me, the 'holidays' have lost the magic that they once were, so I don't get too caught up in all that.)

There is always a light at the end of every tunnel...your's is going to get closer and brighter as long as you continue to look for it.
You have a big loving family here, so let us be your 'sounding board'.

Take care of yorself first.
Carmen

LilSissyStevie
11-26-2013, 04:04 PM
I used to have a '77 Dodge Aspen station wagon. What a piece of crap! I'm amazed you had one that was still running up until recently. I sold mine and bought a VW bus. At least you can fix those. I agree with your therapist, run don't walk to the nearest exit from your family. I cut ties with my family for many years. When we started getting back together they no longer had any power over me. I didn't need them in my life anymore so if they annoyed me I could easily tell them to bugger off. My family was extremely messed up and I didn't escape unscathed. I could write a book. Sounds like your's might be even worse. Run, run, run!!! Run for your life!

Sarah Beth
11-26-2013, 05:14 PM
Alice thanks for sharing this is a good place for that. Sounds like your family situation isn't a bowl a cherries which is a shame. While my family isn't anyhting like yours I feel your loneliness.