PDA

View Full Version : Busy week

Megan72
11-26-2013, 11:12 AM
Well, as the name says its been a very busy week for me. I started therapy on 11/25. Yea! As I thought based on my conversations with my therapist I fit right smack in Gender Dysphoria, haven't discussed treatment options really yet, it's early but she did say that HRT is the most common for those with my diagnostic criteria. That got me super excited, but also a little scared as the realizations of my transition continue to become more and more real. A lot of the conversation was around the questionnaire that posted about a couple of weeks ago.

Not only the therapy, there was also a very long conversation, with many tears with my partner. Although she has known Megan since we met, I have evolved and this is no longer a fetish or kink, it's so much more. We sat on our bed for several hours discussing the future and what might happen. I don't have delusions about what will happen to us in the future; she didn't sign on to be a lesbian. We are remaining friends through this whole thing, and I am not having to leave my home. That was a huge fear and one I dreaded, it was the biggest thing holding me back from everything. Now that everything is out in open both of us can move forward! For now we remain in our relationship, but that will likely change in the near future. Eventually she and I will probably separate our homes but not right now.

I also continue to come out, bit by bit to close friends. I told an old girlfriend on Sunday who was simply amazing with it all. We spent the entire Bronco game talking it over. I guess despite all my bad decisions in life, I have made good ones about my friends.

I know this long, thanks for reading my continuing saga.

Megan

KayleeTaylor
11-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Yay! Congrats :) It seems that you have always surrounded yourself with very kind people. Looks like the future will be very bright for you :hugs:

Rachelakld
11-26-2013, 02:15 PM
It's hard letting go of loved ones. I hope your partner finds someone as nice as you soon and that your journey is smooth.

Marleena
11-26-2013, 02:21 PM
Well it sounds like you're off to a good start Megan! Having your SO with you early on will definitely help.

Angela Campbell
11-26-2013, 02:27 PM
Same story as many have had. Get ready, changes are coming. Some good and some bad, but hopefully in the end all will work out to a happy life and you can get all of this fixed.

Did you experience the time changing in the therapists office? Did the hour take only 5 minutes?

Megan72
11-26-2013, 02:33 PM
Thanks all...Angela, it went by pretty fast for sure. I know my story is old hat to many but it's mine And I am so excited for the future and the I am up to the challenges.

Angela Campbell
11-26-2013, 02:35 PM
Sweety, it hasn't even been a year since my first therapist visit. In fact 18 months ago I had never even dressed from head to toe. I have been traveling at warp speed.

Megan72
11-27-2013, 01:31 PM
The whole process it's self seems to have picked up so much speed that I am traveling at Mach 5 but I am being very cautious and not allowing myself to much excitement. I want to know all of my options before researching a path. I know what I want based on the information I have buit if there are better options I am open to looking and giving them equal thought.
What I don't know how to deal with is I feel like I am destroying other people's lives, especially the life of my partner.

Angela Campbell
11-27-2013, 02:33 PM
It only destroys their lives if THEY allow it to. It doesn't have to be that way but we all feel like we have done this to everyone around us. In my case it wasn't like I made the choice. The choice just took over. Everyone else will try to make it about them, but remember this is about you!

Megan72
11-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Angela, pretty much spot on with my SO. The others I have come out to have really been very good, although hand picked I have to say. I was never very good with guilt trips, but it seems worse now. I just have to push on and try to be a comforting as I can without losing myself.