PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about restaurant/lounge LBD party.

Alice Torn
11-26-2013, 06:14 PM
I was shopping in a thrift store today, and heard the radio station they had on, advertising an Italian restaurant having a LBD party next week, and the first 50 ladies in LBD get in free! I have never been to any party, or club or dance before. I am going to call and ask, if crossdressers are allowed to come in LBD, too. It would be an experience i would not soon forget. Wondering if i should, as I could be the only Cd there, and it could get very uncomfortable, especially with some dudes.

vikki2020
11-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Probably not a good choice for your first time out---especially if you are unfamiliar with the place/crowd.

Alice Torn
11-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Vikii, You are likely right about it.

Beverley Sims
11-26-2013, 09:31 PM
Alice,
If you had been out a few times before I would say go for it, ask first and if yes, go.
But for a firt time look at the malls and get your walking practice and presentation right first.
A costume party or Halloween are really good starters to cut your teeth into dressing and presentation.

Alice Torn
11-27-2013, 11:25 AM
I called the place, and only get recordings, and no voice mail. So, i messaged their Facebook, and asked, but no reply yet. They may think i am fooling around with them, not real. I doubt if i will go.

JenniferR771
11-27-2013, 11:54 AM
Go for it! Free meal and a fun time, maybe. At least get done up and drive as far as the parking, lot...then...decide if you have the nerve to go in.
Maybe just for 60 seconds. I hope they let you know if it is OK with the management. Of course, the whole thing would be easier with a friend or partner in crime. And if you meet a woman, its perfectly OK to exaggerate how wealthy you are. Women like money, and sometimes they conceal a few things, too--like the four kids or 13 cats. Their real age...that parole thingie.

linda allen
11-27-2013, 12:53 PM
It might be illegal for them to offer prizes only to females. Then again, it might not.

You should show up with three or four of your best crossdressing buddies and ask for your free admission.

Vickie_CDTV
11-27-2013, 06:01 PM
Given you don't know the crowd there and their attitudes towards trans people, it is probably a bad idea.

Marleena
11-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Don't do it Alice! You are much better off going to TG events and venues close to you to get comfortable first. You've had enough bad times in your life already, don't chance it please.

Alice Torn
11-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks everyone for the input. I still have not heard from the place. I suppose i will have to go in person and ask, but, i will likely not go. If i did, i would wear a knee length or longer black dress, with a blazer. They are going to have a karaoke, and DJ. My car is running, but still has issues, too. May forget it.