PDA

View Full Version : Possible great idea :)

MarciManseau
11-27-2013, 09:05 AM
I just read a post about purging, and it brought to mind a friend of mine who's in AA. They have sponsors, and buddies to help them through rough times.

What if those of you who may purge had a CD buddy? You could send them all the things you're going to purge, and when and if you change your mind, they could send back all your pretty things so you wouldn't have to buy all new things.

Happy Thanksgiving to all :)

Dana M
11-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Marci,

Sounds like a good idea. Hopefully your CD buddy is not still in the closet or the arrangement might get really tricky.

mykell
11-27-2013, 09:42 AM
if im correct they refer to that system as their GOD~group of drunks, we would have to pick a catchy acronym. GOTS~ group of trans sisters?
anyone else have one...

I do see one little problem...the buddy gets attached to your pretty things and wont let go.

Dana M
11-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Mikell,

that was a good point. I didn't think about that.

MarciManseau
11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Wouldn't it be worse to just throw it all out? The odds are your friend would be honest, and probably not your size.

Tracii G
11-27-2013, 10:14 AM
Sounds like a good plan on paper.

linda allen
11-27-2013, 10:16 AM
If you're not sure you want to quit dressing, put your stuff in a storage locker. Or even store it in your own home. No need for a "buddy".

Beverley Sims
11-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Just put it in a bag in the attic.

Stephanie Miller
11-27-2013, 10:19 PM
I would be happy to be a sponsor/buddy for someone going to purge. Preferably size 12 that likes White/House Black/Market, Ann Taylor, etc. 50's styles or even modern classic office with size 9 1/2 shoes. :D
Helpful if they live in Phoenix area for easy pick-up. (Oh yea, and return :sad:)

sometimes_miss
11-27-2013, 10:53 PM
If you're not sure you want to quit dressing, put your stuff in a storage locker. Or even store it in your own home. No need for a "buddy".

I'm doing that right now. It all went into a storage place that's only open on business hours, weekdays. Lots of those places have initial 'entry' fees pretty low to get you in there, they once all your stuff is there they raise your rates, figuring you'd rather pay than move it all again. I got a tiny unit for $19 a month for the first six months; I asked if I took a whole year and paid for it up front if they would do it; they took me up on it. Watch the signs outside those places for special rates.

Chickhe
11-28-2013, 01:01 AM
So, all of a sudden you've got twice as much stuff to hide, but more stuff to 'borrow'...?

Adriana Moretti
11-28-2013, 01:05 AM
how about using a storage facility? I never did...but seriously considering it if I ever purge again. I am right now in the process of getting everything back now and its expensive.

AmyGaleRT
11-28-2013, 01:39 AM
At least one person has speculated that there would be money to be made opening a storage facility just for CDs that were considering purging. Their motto would be, "You'll be back!" :)

- Amy

Adriana Moretti
11-28-2013, 01:47 AM
At least one person has speculated that there would be money to be made opening a storage facility just for CDs that were considering purging. Their motto would be, "You'll be back!" :)

- Amy
ha ha !!

5150 Girl
11-28-2013, 10:38 AM
I can see it now, Putting it in a storage locker, and forgetting about it, next thing yo know your stash is being fought over by Dave Hester and Berry Wise! YEEEEP!

CarlaWestin
11-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Yea, Barry would just bitch about it being worthless.

I think if you want to purge then just go right ahead and purge. I look at all the stuff I have now and remember how terrible and wrong and guilt laden all the past purges were. Never again! But, y'all go right ahead. It's a good expensive education.

docrobbysherry
11-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Not that I would know, but isn't the whole point of purging that u never plan to dress again? Or, that u want -to stop and having no access to clothes is supposed to reinforce that? If u can get your things from storage, your atic, or buddy doesn't seem like "purging" to me. Simply a break in your dressing schedule.

Chickhe
11-28-2013, 02:45 PM
The post office offers the service...you pack everything up, send it off as ground parcel economy and sometime weeks later once your lapse in CDing is over the package arrives at your door, you open it, remember all the good times and you are off to the races again...

JennyLynn
11-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Great idea. One step further, what if this site set up a trading post of sorts?

MarciManseau
12-02-2013, 10:20 AM
That might be fun - sort of a CD EBay :)

Lynn Marie
12-02-2013, 10:37 AM
Seems like Doc nailed the real problem with purging. Sending your wardrobe off to a friend for storage is sort of like an alcoholic taking his beer over to a non drinkers house for safe storage with instructions to keep a couple of cans in the fridge at all times!

MonctonGirl
12-02-2013, 11:18 AM
It is a great idea which would save a lot of money and also time since it takes us longer to find stuff that fits
...but then we'd have no justifiable excuse to go out and buy NEW things ....remember, we're guys.

Sarah Beth
12-02-2013, 11:34 AM
That is an idea that has both good and bad points. You have to pack and ship it and count on who ever you send it to to send it back to you. That means giving someonne who is a stranger to you your address. That being said, as I wouldn't ever want someone to out me I certainly wouldn't want to out anyone either. We all need to stick together. I do in fact have some room to put a few boxes into storage and in safe place where no one would get curious about it.

As for the storage locker. The cheapest one where I live is 37.50 a month and that is 450 a year which will buy a lot of clothes. The last time I did any sort of a purge I put all mine in a couple of totes and stuck them in the shed.

krissy
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Thats a great idea i don't know why we haven't thought of it .i have thrown out sooo much nice things

MarciManseau
12-02-2013, 04:41 PM
I hope it helps someone.

KayleeTaylor
12-02-2013, 05:17 PM
The urge to crossdress will be stronger knowing exactly where you left all your things. CD'ing is a part of who we are, nothing will ever change that. Instead of hiding from problems, we need to deal with them (myself too, I got a lot of issues). Not that crossdressing is a problem, there is nothing wrong with who we are. Once we accept ourselves and become happy with who we are, the urge to purge will be non-existent. :)