PDA

View Full Version : Click, clack. My favourite sound.

JanetWood
11-27-2013, 10:12 AM
Whenever I dress I make sure that I walk around the house and find the hard surfaced flooring (hardwood or tile) so that I can hear the click and clack of my heels. I just love that sound, and the feeling. Thank-you Pleaser! (ya - I have big feet)

Anyone else enjoy that sound?

Amanda22
11-27-2013, 10:40 AM
Oh yes, I really enjoy that sound, too. Last Wednesday, I was shopping at my favorite lingerie store. After trying on lots of items in the dressing room, I put on my street clothes again to meet my sales associate at the checkout counter. I was dressed completely en femme and wearing booties with high heels. The flooring in this store is all wood. Therefore, shoppers could hear me coming from the dressing area before they saw me. When I emerged into the general shopping area, several heads turned, not because of the way I looked, but because someone in high heels was coming and they wanted to check her out. I'm sure they were probably really disappointed, but it was a really nice experience.

linda allen
11-27-2013, 10:48 AM
I don't usually wear heels when I dress but my flats have hard heels that make the same sound. Another pair has softer heels and does not call attention to me. These are the ones I wear when I go out.

StephanieDragg
11-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Yes I agree it's a great sound, also agree with Amanda... lot's of men turn to see what's coming and check out the heels!, myself included

Beverley Sims
11-27-2013, 10:51 AM
It may be a great sound but not if you are trying to sneak around. :)

Deedee Skyblue
11-27-2013, 12:45 PM
I like it too. Don't know why - when I wear my 'regular' guy shoes, I am very pleased that I walk with hardly any noise. In a similar thread some time ago, I picked up on something fun - someone said 'When I'm walking and can hear the clicking of heels, I try to time my steps to match the clicking, and pretend that they are coming from me'.

Deedee

Rachael Leigh
11-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Have always loved that sound, clicking my heels as I walk its just makes me feel so girly, don't know why

NancyJ
11-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Interesting. Like with a lot ot things, I thought it was only me. I love the sound of heels and I get a twinge when I hear a GG walking and hear that click clack and wish it was me. How come girls have all the fun? Nancy

Tallulah Rose
11-27-2013, 01:37 PM
I've been addicted to this sound since I was little. It's so... juicy, deep and feminine. That's the only way I can describe it.

You don't hear it so much now, because heel tips are usually plastic these days. I even go to the lengths of changing the tips on my shoes from plastic to metal, because they make a sexier sound. Some of the Pleaser range have metal tips already, I think they understand. ;-)

If you ever get to walk on marble in metal-tipped heels and you're a fan of this sound, you will be in heaven.

Diane Smith
11-27-2013, 02:01 PM
If you ever get to walk on marble in metal-tipped heels and you're a fan of this sound, you will be in heaven.

Or, as in my case once, flat on your back on the hard marble floor looking UP at heaven. :) The combination of metal heel tips and a polished stone floor can be awfully slippery and dangerous. Be careful out there!

- Diane

Jordan
11-27-2013, 02:37 PM
Yes I love that sound also can never get enough of it when dressed no matter how bad my feet hurt from the heels having them on feels awesoe

Lexi Moralas
11-27-2013, 03:06 PM
I love that sound !

Aylineira
11-27-2013, 03:42 PM
The sound is somehow amplified on pavement outside LOL but yes they are a wonderful sound

mykell
11-27-2013, 03:54 PM
guilty always look, and like making the sound...

carhill2mn
11-27-2013, 05:09 PM
Many years ago I attended one of my first "meetings" in a public place. I still remember the sound of my heels on the cold sidewalk and a slight breeze blowing my skirt!

There is an old joke: Do you know what turns my stomach? The sound of high heels behind me!

linda allen
11-27-2013, 05:11 PM
I remember when I was a teenager, boys installed metal plates on the heels of their shoes to make the same sound. That was a long time ago and I might have done it myself.

JanetWood
11-27-2013, 10:20 PM
'When I'm walking and can hear the clicking of heels, I try to time my steps to match the clicking, and pretend that they are coming from me'.

Deedee

Ha! That's a great idea. Will have to try this next time I hear it.

sometimes_miss
11-27-2013, 10:48 PM
For me it was the 'tink, tink' of double hoop dangling earrings. I mostly wore sneakers or penny loafers.

Deedee Skyblue
11-28-2013, 07:58 AM
For me it was the 'tink, tink' of double hoop dangling earrings.

I like that, too. Like having your own personal wind chimes, nobody else can hear!

Deedee

BLUE ORCHID
11-28-2013, 08:28 AM
Hi Janet, That sound always makes me stop and look to see where it's coming from.

Jean 103
11-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Yes Linda. Reading this thread ,I was remembering putting taps on our shoes and walking dozen the halls at school. I do love the look and sound of high heels.

TiffanyGreene
11-28-2013, 11:31 AM
In a similar thread some time ago, I picked up on something fun - someone said 'When I'm walking and can hear the clicking of heels, I try to time my steps to match the clicking, and pretend that they are coming from me'.

Deedee

This is one of the things that helped me out with a more "Girly" walk. It made me realize more how GGs take shorter and faster steps when walking in heels. Helped me not look like so much of a gorilla trying to walk in them...

CarlaWestin
11-28-2013, 11:45 AM
It may be a great sound but not if you are trying to sneak around. :)
Yep, early in the morning tiptoeing on the tile parts of the floor in 4in heels. But, I play it like beautiful percussion at the mall or the grocery store. I love it when I see people turning and looking in anticipation.

Samantha_Smile
11-28-2013, 04:18 PM
When I saw the title "Click clack" did nobody else think of cypress hill?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey3Udw4oJyQ

SatinSarah
11-28-2013, 04:36 PM
I love the sound - I get very jealous when my SO is walking around our house in her heels... I am sure she teases me sometimes. We have just had new flooring though and she insists I get wedges so I don't mark the floor! It's ok but not the same as heals for some reason,

Krystalina
11-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Lol, I think I have bigger feet than most. JanetWood, you are not alone! Adore that sound(right now, I have silver platform heels) from Pleaser as well...wish I could wear them out with a sexy skirt.

Stephanie47
11-29-2013, 03:33 AM
I love the sound of heels 'clicking' on wood, tile, concrete. However, if you live in an upstairs apartment and routinely wear high heels be aware the downstairs neighbors may think you have overnight guests and make an inquire. Or tell you the sound of the heels is loud and clear.

I had worn high heels during evening strolls until I realized the sound was actually deafening. Heels and concrete do not mix for avoiding head turns. I switched to a low heel with material that does not 'click.'

KaceyR
11-29-2013, 05:04 AM
Heh.. In my apt (and I'm on the topmost floor) most is carpeted. Kitchen isn't and I get to enjoy the sound there.
(Wonder what person below thinks :) ) (although I never see or hear him/her/it around)

Otherwise, I look at my carpet and see all the "spots" left all over by the heels :D

This thread reminded me of a song.. 2009 electro/dance.
Tiga - Shoes. (Hope youtube link is ok)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE2B8PfsvGk

Snowbunnyyy
11-29-2013, 02:24 PM
i love this sound also!!

Madilyn A.
11-29-2013, 02:30 PM
the rhythmic sounds of high heels reminds me of the attention paid the "Pied Piper". How many of us have heard that sweet sound and found ourselves making an unexpected detour to follow ?

Sarah Beth
11-29-2013, 03:24 PM
That sound has always been intoxicating to me I remeber as teenager waching women walk in heels and listening to that sound. The way their legs looked and their bodies moved and that sound. It years later before I got my first pair of heels and was able to make that sound msyelf. When I took those first steps and heard that sound I remember stopping and lookinig behind me. The taking a few more steps and just smiling because I knew it was me and I loved it. A couple of years ago when I did some remodeling in my house and put in laminate floor and tile just so I would have a place to walk and hear that sound.

Tallulah Rose
11-29-2013, 04:20 PM
the rhythmic sounds of high heels reminds me of the attention paid the "Pied Piper". How many of us have heard that sweet sound and found ourselves making an unexpected detour to follow ?

You still have the copyright on the Pied Piper Effect, Madilyn!

Madilyn A.
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
20's Girl..... yes,I think I coined that term here 2 years ago....thanks for the reminder.

MissTee
11-29-2013, 10:39 PM
Same as everyone else. I love the sound of heels in motion.

Emma 73
11-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Yes the click clack of heels on hard floors is just great, I have wooden floors and the echoes whilst I'm strutting up the hall way are teriffic

lingerieLiz
11-30-2013, 11:50 PM
Now in the cool weather I tend to wear boots most of the time. Walking in the stores and hearing the clicks of my heals is fun. At my age 2-3" is about my limit. Some of my fellow friend shoppers are envious of that.

kellibra
12-01-2013, 07:50 PM
i love the click-clack of heels. it makes me feel very much like a woman and i wonder if the whole world can also hear that sweet noise or is it just my paranoia? can't really explain, it feels re-assuring to hear one's heels on a hard surface. it says to the world, ' a woman is walking here'.

Annaliese2010
12-01-2013, 08:49 PM
I luuuuve the sound of spiked clickity-clack on a hard tiled floors at work. In fact I have to try to subdue it...less my coworkers clue me into it (another room - mainly GG females - don't worry, I love em).

Bottom line though Kelli? YES. I agree most wholeheartedly. It's such a delicious sound to hear your own beautiful heels hit the ground. With each n every stylish step improving the everyday aural cacaphony with your beauty. Your rich sumptuous!

And less we forget...those long smooth legs above. A got-to-have high heel delicacy for only the most privileged. Makes me wanna say...Merry Christmas everyone! And to all a goodnight! (Perfecto)

KayleeTaylor
12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes, I love the sound too :) but I only wear heels around the house. I am too scared to wear them in public, I don't want to draw any attention to myself :(

dana digs sweaters
12-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Yes of course!
So much fun to put on hose/stockings and slide my feet into some heels. Same enjoyment now as when I was young

kellibra
12-02-2013, 09:39 AM
yea annaliese, let's not forget the long smooth legs above! 15 denier nude or tan shiny nylons delicately stepping into 3 or 4" heels, the feel of the wind riding up an above-the-knee black skirt, the rubbing of the legs with each step reminding you how much of a woman you can be, secretly relishing all the ogles you get from men as you gracefully walk by... getting moist thinking about where this could lead to with each click-clack on the pavement...scrumptious

AmandaPanda
12-03-2013, 10:57 PM
im guilt of popping my head up and trying to locate the sound when i hear it, i think it makes woman hotter and makes me check out her legs longer than i normally would, which i why i try to wear a modest heel when i go out so if i get any second looks its for my legs and not my face but im just self conscious

Gretchen_To_Be
12-03-2013, 11:05 PM
I echolocate that sound like a hungry bat and my head swivels until I find it. Most times I am disappointed but once in a while there is a vision of loveliness and then I melt, wishing it were me.

Krystenw
12-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Wow, that brings back memories. The first time my wife and I went to the movie at the mall I thought it would be nice to wear heels. I mean why waist my time shaving my legs and putting on panty hose if I couldn't wear heels with them.
When we got there the show was sold out, so she decided we could just go shopping for a couple hours. I don't know what was louder, my heels on the tile floors or my heart beating. I knew good and well that everyone in the mall was staring at me, but after about and hour I finally figured out that people are so full of themselves that I could have probably been in a pink tutu and no one would have noticed. Well, maybe not a pink one, but I'm sure you get the drift.

NicoleScott
12-04-2013, 11:06 AM
I like the sound, too. This thread makes me wonder: have any shoe designers actually designed heels for just that perfect sound? Like Harley-Davidson and other motorcycle manufacturers want the perfect exhaust sound. Of course, it's not just the heel, but the floor that makes the sound. I have both carpet, wood, and tile floors in my house. The sound of high heels on tile is great.

AngieStone
12-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Oh yes just love the sound of my heels clicking on the tile floor. What is even better is that we are set to take out all of our carpet downstairs and tile it all, so I get to walk around and hear that lovely sound echo through out the house.

irishsissy
12-04-2013, 12:11 PM
Oh My,, That sound,, No one will ever really figure it out why that sound is so intensifying. I won,t go anywhere without heels, even my boots, And for some reason every man that hears that sound will look your way. Which I love.

Rhonda 2
12-04-2013, 12:20 PM
The elevator door opened to reveal the downtown Marriott lobby and a black marble floor leading to the exit on the other side. I held my head up, stuck my chest out, and confidently started across the floor clicking with each step of my stiletto's. Every man's eye's turned to me- most of them approving. I was scared to death but of course I enjoyed it.

Jaymees22
12-04-2013, 01:26 PM
I do live on the second floor so I do try to avoid wearing heels when the neighbors are home downstairs. In the movie "The Devil Wears Prada" they referred to the women who wore heels as clackers. Thanks for the inspiration, I just put on my heels and walked around to just hear the sound, it is nice. Hugs Jaymee

Alice_2014_B
01-26-2014, 07:24 PM
Could not agree more.
I love making that sound with my high heels!

Anna H
01-26-2014, 07:28 PM
I saw click-clack! I have no idea what's going on, but count me in!

not much for flip-flop, but i know click-clack from 100 yds.

Kate ♥

susan jackson
01-26-2014, 08:16 PM
Although I like the 'click clack' sound of my heels, I do feel very vulverable when I am out and about, and I can hear my heels on the pavement

JennyMarie
01-26-2014, 08:27 PM
Oh goodness, do I ever. Both sound and looks of heels. Unfortunately, where I live now, I have to be very careful when wearing them not to make noise... I have people living below me... and they know me. So I absolutely love it during summer when I can go for a drive at night, pull over at an empty rest area or a park n ride lot, then get out and walk around. :)

Adriana Moretti
01-26-2014, 09:45 PM
yes its extremely sexy.....i have to wear my wedges late night so it does not draw attention from next door in my apt complex ....but that sound.....

Alice Torn
01-27-2014, 12:14 AM
I love it too, and when out, I hear that sound, i look around, to see who. However, recently, i had my father's house to myself, and did a lot of dressing, and photos, mainly on the year old kitchen linoleum wood design floor. My heels got stuck in a floor vent, and i did not realize, the heel tips were ripped out. I put hundreds of dents in the floor! Worked with a heat gun, but could not remove all of them. Waxed it several times, and put a few small rugs down! When in Air Force boot camp, in 1976, the click clack always meant the Training Instructor was coming!

pretty boy
01-27-2014, 05:20 AM
Count me in for that as my favorite sound too!

aly01
01-27-2014, 05:09 PM
Who wouldn't enjoy that sound. I think it is a good sound to listen too.

TxCassie
01-27-2014, 05:20 PM
I love the sound also. Your comment jarred my memory, as I remember as a boy, I would love to wear leather soled shoes, especially with my Catholic School Uniform, so I could hear my heels click clack on hard surfaces. Little did I know, it was a precursor of my fondness for women's pumps and heels. Such a little girl, I was.. :battingeyelashes:

Cassie :love:

Kristy 56
01-28-2014, 12:52 PM
Nothing quite like it !

Lillyasia
01-29-2014, 03:17 AM
Even better when a second pair is click-clacking along with yours. This happened to me today as I walked with the manager from the front of the store to the back to confirm a price. She wore boots and I had my pumps with 3-1/2" heels, but the sounds were similar on the tile floor.

Rachel292
01-29-2014, 07:58 AM
A few weeks ago I called into my local chip shop to get some supper on my way home. There was one other customer in there. Young, Tall, slim, long fem style hair, fem jeans, androgynous T-shirt , fem cardigan, and high heels (I estimate 4-5”) with a small platform. I didn’t want to out myself or create a situation, so close to home, so got my supper and left. I was normal male mode, balding, with a full grey beard at the time (the beard went a couple of weeks ago). On walking back to my car, I heard ‘him’ leave and clip-clop up the road in the other direction. (I say ‘him’ because I believe he is still under 18, identifies as Male, androgynous and a crossdresser) . I thought, Oh! what a lovely sound, and that should be me. I wish I had the guts to have done it when I was younger (or even now for that matter).

Amy Hepker
01-29-2014, 08:40 AM
Yes, try walking in a Mall, it echos, so cool. Everybody looks.

traci_k
01-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Sounds like heaven to me. (sigh)

Caden Lane
01-29-2014, 11:16 AM
That is such a pleasing sound...

Monet's dream
01-29-2014, 11:53 AM
What a delightful sound it is. I only wish that I could wear heels each day so that I could regularly hear the sound. It just makes the feminine side more complete to hear the wonderful sound!

Katie_Did GG
01-29-2014, 12:22 PM
OMG yes! The sound of heels walking across a wood or tile floor have got to be 2 of my very favorite sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5xxd5gbzPI

Katey888
01-29-2014, 12:33 PM
Looks like nobody dislikes this sound - even the GGs concur! :cheer:

TxCassie: I think this must have been subliminal for me too - there was a fashion when I was a kid to put 'Blakeys' (metal studs) in heels of school shoes - to be different, I thought then - how different am I thinking now!

I still have one pair of guy ankle boots with steel heel tips - I have to be careful of skidding but when I walk somewhere like a mall or town centre you can still see and sense male heads turning to check out the sound - how disappointed they all look, but if only they knew... maybe one day I won't disappoint them :devil:

Oh - and yes, I agree, super sexy sound with hopefully an equally sexy physical presence...

Katey x

heel_addict
02-08-2014, 02:41 PM
Oh yes, the click-clack sound when I walk in my stilettos is awesome. It is about 50% of the sexy feeling they give me!

Recently, I finally gathered my courage to take my sexy 6-inch (no platform) stilettos outdoors at night, having a stroll in the neighbourhood! There is a very big park with paved alleys and many many houses built around. There was nobody outside for the most part but there could be quite a few eyes staring at me as there were more than fifty windows overlooking that park around a 30 meter radius! In order to make it impossible for me to chicken out, I did my usual trick. Went there in an array of bushes in that park and hid a pouch with keys, I did that in my normal male clothes and then went back home, put on my 6-inch stiletto pumps and used chains and padlocks to lock them on my feet. As soon as I had snapped the padlocks shut, there was absolutely no way of removing the high heels without the keys which were hidden in the middle of the park. Oh dear! The thing is that since then, I've been challenging myself to take further steps and maybe hide the keys further away so that I will have to click-clack my way for 15 minutes or so to get them! And it is really exciting and thrilling because however quiet it may be around midnight, there's always someone who may happen to walk close by and have their jaws dropped to the ground seeing a man in skyhigh stilettos that are locked on! :)

Diane Edwards
02-08-2014, 10:56 PM
I've always liked that sound, too. I like it even better when it's me making that sound!

Vanessa Rose
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
clicking of heels... what about the jingle of jewelry? Lord I like that sound... makes the moment...beautiful..and perfect

Vanny

Tiffanie
02-08-2014, 11:30 PM
Still remember the feeling of hearing that sound the first time I put on heels. That sound is part of the reason I was so excited about purchasing them in the beginning. Doubt I will ever get tired of hearing it.

mirima1992
02-11-2014, 02:11 PM
The best is wearing high heel mules. Along with the click-clack, I love the THUMP sound of my Pleaser mules slapping back against my soles!!!!

Sophie Yang
02-12-2014, 09:33 PM
I got off work, dressed, (beige blouse, pants, a cream colored jacket, hose, 3 inch heels, and wool overcoat) and went out looking for a wig brush and a Valentines card for my sweetie.

It was a balmy +20 degrees out, nice compared to the -10 degrees earlier in the week. I walked outside about 6 blocks to get the brush and only hit one patch of ice. Leaving the wig shop, I entered the underground system of tunnels to go and find the Valentines card.

The area pretty much shuts down at 6:00. It was slim pickings, but I found a card. Got lost down there so headed back up to street level and walked over the main building, which has marble floors in the foyer. It is amazing how loud heels are when you are there alone. Found the stairs down to the subway again and started my walk back. It is a couple of carpeted blocks downstairs before entering the subway. Once in the subway, the last several blocks are much narrow, 4 people wide, and hard tile. The subway winds its way under the street to get to other buildings. There was one section where I could hear my heals clicking and echoing back. I would stop and the echo would stop. Fun! There was another section where the subway turned, the echo sounded like it was coming from around the corner towards me. I was pretty much the only one down there so I could goof around a little bit. Wonder what security was thinking. An hour earlier, the place would have been packed.

A nice walk to end the day.

CynthiaD
02-13-2014, 09:26 AM
My kitchen floor is tile. I love walking back and forth on it in heels. That sound just screams "I am woman!"