PDA

View Full Version : What are you thankful for?

Amanda22
11-27-2013, 11:22 AM
I don't celebrate holidays at all (just a personal preference), but since tomorrow is one that causes people to reflect on things for which they're thankful, I wanted to say that I'm most thankful for my wife.

I felt this way before I came out to her as TG three years ago (two years into our marriage). She has amazed me with her love and support. She really wants what's best for me and us. Isn't that great? We always put the other person first. I'm so lucky. And on top of that, she constantly affirms my feminine self! She surprises me with cute clothes, jewelry, perfume, etc. and calls me "her housewife." This morning, she said, "You're so not a dude." I have so much to be thankful for and try to make her feel the same by being her biggest supporter and strength.

Marcelle
11-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi Amanda,

Like you I am thankful for the support and love of my wonderful wife in all things that I do including CDing. I am thankful that I have my health as well as good friends and family.

Hugs

Isha

Christina Kay
11-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Thankful for a loving ,very supportive and understanding wife. I am truly blessed. The Friends that I have made on this forum , have a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hugs Aretha

Bria
11-27-2013, 12:31 PM
I am thankful for thid forum and all of the people that take the time to contribute to it

I am thankful for a wife that lets me dressup when ever I want.

I am thankfull for a warm and safe home with out worry about my next meal.

Iam thankfull for all my wonderful daughters (don't have any boys) all of the grandkids and the great grandson.

I am thankfull for all of our armed forces that are in danger every day'

I am thankful for turkey and apple pie!!

Hugs Bria

stacycoral
11-27-2013, 12:38 PM
Mandy, I would have to say I am thankful for a lovely wife, and four great kids, and loving parents.

Ressie
11-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I'm thankful that I'm divorced and no longer in a nightmare of a marriage. Also thankful that I can dress at home any time I want to. I'm thankful for so much that has nothing to do with crossdressing.

Karren H
11-27-2013, 12:48 PM
The only support I get is from my pushup bras.... so thank you Victoria Secret... (and others....)

Geneva Lake
11-27-2013, 01:14 PM
Actually, I am not thankful for a damned thing.

Michelle V
11-27-2013, 02:09 PM
First of all my wife, she saved my life. I was confused, miserable and did not know what feeling alive living was before I met her. I am thankful for my children who brighten my day every day.
I am thankful for this forum and the great job people managing this forum are doing. They are helping saving our sanity and bringing our community closer together.
Thanks.

kimdl93
11-27-2013, 05:11 PM
Pretty much the same list. And turkey.

AllieSF
11-27-2013, 05:33 PM
I am thankful for that first conscious breath of the new morning, for being me as a practical, pragmatic and hopefully nice person, in my mind at least, for finding this other side of myself late in life and avoiding all the somewhat typical hiding, frustrations, shame and guilt, for my maturity to be able to embrace, not question and truly enjoy all of this, for our wonderful, colorful diverse and constantly changing world that helps me keep awake and alert and learning new things and new experiences. Oh yeah, thanks Mom and Dad for that special romantic night way back before my time really began.

StephanieH
11-27-2013, 05:50 PM
I'll be thankful when both these fekkin' holidays are overwith...

Erica Marie
11-27-2013, 05:53 PM
Im thankful today is payday and I get a day off tomorrow.

julia marie
11-27-2013, 05:55 PM
Two great kids, now young, caring, hardworking adults.

JennyLynn
11-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I love this thread! I'm thankful for all my achievements, all my failures and all that life has dealt me. I've lived, lost, loved and been betrayed. They have all been useful in making me who I am. I am thankful for my friends, my enemies, my lovers, my acquaintences....for I've learned so much from all of them. Most of all, I'm thankful to our founding fathers who gave us this great nation that lets us live free to be the natural human beings we are. Tyranny has kept mankind down for most of history and we are blessed to live in a nation that embraces human diversity, freedom and liberty.

My thoughts
JennyLynn

Jilmac
11-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I'm thankful for being able to switch from my male self to Jill at will, but most importantly I'm thankful that I can open my eyes each morning and enjoy life as i know it.

sometimes_miss
11-27-2013, 09:08 PM
I take it day by day. Today, I'm thankful for my local pizza man. I average one pie a week, and tonight he brought me a delicious, hot pizza and bottle of coke through the rain and wind. I thanked him, gave him a $20 tip, and wished him a nice thanksgiving.

Amanda22
11-27-2013, 09:29 PM
I'll be thankful when both these fekkin' holidays are overwith...

I couldn't agree more. If the time from now until New Year's Day disappeared every year, that'd be great.

Stephanie Morgan
11-27-2013, 09:39 PM
I'm thankful for my beautiful bride who supports and encourages me. My kids and friends. All the horses i've been blessed to have trained and ridden. And definitely thankful for finding this forum!

Alice Torn
11-27-2013, 10:12 PM
I am pretty thankful i have my 1976 Dodge Aspen running again, after three months, a motor change, and a lot of work. I am thankful i am single, and never married, because it would have been hell for her, with me and my tormented life. I am thankful for cats i have, that i did not get hurt badly in a bike fall. I do not like this time of year much. Thanksgiving is ok, but, i have grown to depise Xmas and New yrs! I am not super thankful, though, for my toxic very unhealthy family of origin. They have ruined my life. I am thankful i have become pretty good, at looking gorgeous, but a bit troubled that i am terrified at times of going out, and being outed by family. I am thankful i am not homeless, like i once was. I realize it could well happen again! Thankful i did a lot of fishing, and bike riding. Not so thankful about my depression, anxiety, bipolar, antisocial disorder.

PretzelGirl
11-27-2013, 11:13 PM
I have to laugh at the timing Mandy. I was just cruising some of my old threads and one was an "Ode to our wives". It is I said how wonderful my wife was and you replied saying how much you loved your's. Glad to see nothing has changed.

Michelle789
11-28-2013, 03:42 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!!!

- My new job which I started last month
- This forum, and all the friends I've made here and the advice I've got on CDing and my gender issues
- Being able to finally figure out what's going on with me and who I am
- Discovering Godiva's Secret Wigs, my new wig, and makeup lesson from MAC
- Eliminating "she who shall not be named" out of my life -- this was not a girlfriend or SO, but a psychic whom I fired a few months ago who was giving me horrible advice

P.S.

Do you see what I see?

ThanksGiving TG
TransGender TG

Christmas Day CD
CrossDresser CD

'Tis the season to be tranny!!!

Beverley Sims
11-28-2013, 04:04 AM
I am thankful for the life hai I have and the friends around me.
The one most thankful has to be my wife.

Amanda M
11-28-2013, 04:07 AM
Seeing the light in my wife's eyes again, when she realized that she could actually dance again after years in a wheelchair! Oh, and waking up to new day today.

Lucy_Bella
11-28-2013, 04:41 AM
A lot..Healthy children ...Good job .... Not going crazy keeping my limits and knowing what to value in life,,,,.. Happy Thanks giving ,,,.... Can you sleep tonight...? Oh and I am also thankful for my life long desire( even tho she can give a sh!t less) Tamara.. ..Be safe!!!

Lorileah
11-28-2013, 12:53 PM
Thankful that I have finally decided to be who I am...was...is... am

Thankful for all the new friends I have met on this journey and for all the old friends who are willing to come along.

Thank you all

Kristina_nolagirl
12-05-2013, 12:08 AM
I'm most thankful for my wonderful, supportive wife as well!

Karen kc
12-05-2013, 11:57 AM
I'm thankfull for my wife and her support, all my youngns, and all the peeps on thie forum and whatever God shares with me

Wezzcott
12-06-2013, 02:31 PM
I too join the group of thankful for my wife. I am very thankful that my wife lets me be me, and loves me unconditionally. When I first told her many years ago about my dressing she was very supportive and was great with it. She also helps me shop quite a bit too, and I love that!