PDA

View Full Version : Another "OUCH" Piercing

Bernadina
01-01-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd been sort of been thinking about and mentioning to my wife about my getting a tattoo of some sort. I had figured something like a somewhat girly sunring around the belly button. Then I mentioned maybe I should get both a tattoo and a belly button piercing.

I had forgotten about it until boxing day when we were out shopping. My wife suggested we take a walk along the street for some air. Next thing I knew we were in the tattoo/piercing parlour and she indicated that there was no time like the present.

So I now have a 10 guage curved barbell navel piercing. While it didn't really hurt, it was the most traumatic of my piercings as I don't have much in the way of excess belly fat and the technician said I was really solid.

Now I have to wait about 4 months or so before its healed and I can put in some decorative jewelry.

I'm looking for navel tattoo designs for next year's adventure. If anyone know of some, I'd appreciate some pointers.

Its Sarah
01-02-2006, 12:24 AM
That's awesome, I've been wanting a navel piercing for a while now.. Who knows if I could pull it off, but I'll worry about that later. :rolleyes:

Anyway, for the tattoo, I found this (http://www.steve-a.co.uk/main/sarah.html), this (http://tattoo.about.com/cs/tatart/l/blerinbird.htm), and all of these (http://czfwholesale.com/prodList.asp?idCategory=39)

The last link has several temporary ones, but I'm sure you could get something similar actually inked on to you if you wanted. If it were me, I'd try out some of the temporary ones before really deciding, just to make absolutely sure.

Bernadina
01-02-2006, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the links. I'd definitely try some temps before the real thing. Its a lot easier to change my mind when it washes off.

Teddie
01-02-2006, 06:07 AM
Hmm. The wife has been hinting on how much she likes the belly button piercing jewlery. I wonder, her, me, or the both of us? :hugs:

paulaN
01-02-2006, 08:00 AM
Dina that is great. my tummy is not flat enough for that.
Sara And Dina. I realy like the dancing dolfins.

Aunt Peg
01-02-2006, 08:54 AM
I got a tattoo just before Christmas. I had been thinking about getting one and also piercing. I decided to postpone the piercing and just get the tattoo. I found a local clean shop and went for it. It wasn't too painful getting the tattoo, but it was like having a sunburn for the next week and a half. Then it itches when the outter layer of skin flakes off. Overall, it was fun and I'm thinking of doing it again.

Adrianne
01-02-2006, 08:59 AM
That is what i am thing about for my 40th birthday having my belly button pieced in feburday.

JoannaDees
01-05-2006, 12:52 AM
Oh Bernadina! I am SO envious! I want one too! Let's see, the kids have seen my fuscia toes with flowers, toe rings and anklets out on the boat. Is a belly ring too much for them? Probably.

Tamara Croft
01-05-2006, 01:05 AM
Oh how kewl :D I have my navel pierced too, but it took a lot longer than 4 months to heal up. It took a year before I could put in another bar. Be cautious when taking it out for the first time, because putting another one in isn't as easy as putting in earings ;)

dani_grl03
01-05-2006, 02:08 AM
Thats sooo kewl! You will love it! I have both nipples and belly button done. It takes a bit longer to heal in most cases. Just take it slow and remember, After Care!!!
Anyone thinking about getting it done, Go do it! You can always take it out if you dont like it, but I dont think that will an issue.
I want to add another piercing to each ear, and get my nose done too.

sarahsfiona GG
01-05-2006, 08:55 PM
Congrats on your piercing!! I'm hoping to convince Sarah to get her earlobes pierced, and hmmmmmm, whatever else she's brave enough to get pierced...;)

For my 47th birthday, I got my first tattoo. Ended up getting four that year (one of these days I'll get pix and post them).

For my 48th birthday, I got my navel pierced. It never really did heal all that well, but perhaps it's because I changed out the jewelry too soon and too often. When I had my gall bladder removed in September, I couldn't wear any jewelry (natch), so it closed up. During the year, I also got both nipples pierced. Bit of an ouch when they were done, and a wicked ache that night. The first couple of weeks of after care were also a bit owwwy, but afterwards... Goodness! I wish I'd done it years ago!

Haven't done anything yet for my 49th. I keep threatening to buy a Harley....

Fiona

robyn1114
01-06-2006, 09:11 AM
I did my navel myself, it wasn't too bad just iced it down for a while first

Bernadina
01-23-2006, 12:17 AM
Oh how kewl :D I have my navel pierced too, but it took a lot longer than 4 months to heal up. It took a year before I could put in another bar. Be cautious when taking it out for the first time, because putting another one in isn't as easy as putting in earings ;)

Was wondering how to tell if the navel piercing is properly healed?

kristytv
01-23-2006, 02:03 AM
wow you girls are braver than me, i HATE needles of any sorts , and leavign a hole there or a picture , no way ! and fiona you need a 60's convertable like a stang or a camaro . just saw a very pretty 67 390 4 spd mustang on ebay . very nice car

Genifer Teal
01-24-2006, 12:16 AM
Welcome to the club! Belly rings are cool and fun to show off. Expect it to take a LONG time to heal. Follor your care instructions. Salt soaks and antibacterial cleanings I presume? You belly takes a much longer time to heal than an ear piercing.

I first changed mine at the 6 month mark. Even then it was tricky to fish it through the hole. Don't touch it much and keep it clean and you'll do alright. Eventually you will no longer see a discharge or slight crust on the piercing, then you will know it is healing up.

For some reason, when I show it off everyone feels I am inviting them to touch it (the piercing). This annoyed me when it was new because I was concerned about infection. Be careful and don't let other's handle it. When you are ready for a change, try ebay. There are so many to choose from and they are very inexpensive.

Best of luck with it.

Hugs - Genifer

GypsyKaren
01-24-2006, 12:20 AM
Hi Bernadina

Oh, you gotta get a tattoo! I've got five myself, and I'm gonna get a butterfly on my leg soon.

GypsyKaren

size7satin
01-24-2006, 01:23 AM
I have both my naval piericed and one nipple, had both but once was "migrating" towards coming out the nipple. So I will have to get that one redone on my birthday. I have a transgender ball on my belly and a dice for the gamble we take every second of every day on my nipple. Roll the bones baby!!!!!!

Tat's I love to look at them but to get one I ain't to sure of yet.

Carlacd
01-24-2006, 12:36 PM
Got five tatoo's and both nipples are pierced. Mermaid on lower left leg. Some Dolphins and sunset on right lower leg, bird on lower back and a bdsm symbol on right upper arm. The worst for the nipples was getting home after the piercing, felt like they were getting dragged down the road, very raw. Took shirt off and then felt better.
All of this for someone that hates needles, hell i hate to get a TB shot.

Georgette
01-24-2006, 12:49 PM
Hmm. The wife has been hinting on how much she likes the belly button piercing jewlery. I wonder, her, me, or the both of us? :hugs:

I DID I DID and here's proof.:angel: :bs:

Teddie
01-24-2006, 04:53 PM
Way cool :Party2: