PDA

View Full Version : Hiding (not getting rid of) hair and new situation

Dianne S
11-28-2013, 01:56 PM
My home situation has changed somewhat... my wife has gone from grudgingly accepting to pretty much DADT. One thing that really upset her was that I was planning on shaving my legs and arms for a local T-group party.

So we've agreed on a new boundary: No shaving of body, arm or leg hair. This is a bit of a bummer as I have a lot of it. I hide it by wearing long-sleeved outfits, no low-cut outfits, and pantyhose over opaque tights. Anyone else have tips and tricks for hiding rather than getting rid of body hair?

Beverley Sims
11-28-2013, 02:02 PM
The sneaky way of reducing hair on your legs is to put a dilute form of Nair on your legs and leave it on for a couple of minutes only.
It can take you twelve months to reduce the leg hair, all you need is patience. :)
I know it is a serious problem but this is a trick someone told me about once.
I put it here for consideration of your problem.

Dianne S
11-28-2013, 02:10 PM
The sneaky way of reducing hair on your legs...

Yeah, that's not gonna fly. :( My wife does not like to see me with smooth legs. Also, I tried Nair once and although it worked, I didn't like the smell and it irritated my skin.

Thanks anyway for your suggestion.

AllieSF
11-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Another way maybe to get your wife to accept you at least trimming the arm hair and hopefully the leg hair shorter. Then use a body hair bleach, Sally Hanson at your local pharmacy, and lighten its color. I did that during the summer and it worked great for me. Good luck.

Julie Gaum
11-28-2013, 02:15 PM
Glad you're back and, evidently, the boundaries set are now more acceptable. You didn't mention whether
facial hair was also a problem. Assuming you shave then perhaps you also have a problem with 5-o'clock
shadow? Concealer and darker foundation are big help. Did read of one gal using spray-on sun tan. Gather she used it on arms and chest as well as on legs. With bronzer on the face you would look like you spend time in sun. Just a thought.
Julie

Kelly DeWinter
11-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Dawn;

Don't despair, a lot of relationships are like a rollercoaster, there are ups downs twists and turns. Focus on the positive. I don;t believe you can be in a DADT while married. A spouse will always keep tabs, and if she is'int asking, you can be sure she's thinking. Look for opportunity's to build bridges and to open conversation.

Dianne S
11-28-2013, 02:25 PM
You didn't mention whether facial hair was also a problem.

Facial hair is a big problem, but at least my wife tolerates my shaving that. :) Otherwise I'd look really ridiculous when dressed.

I never thought of using makeup on arms and legs. That's an interesting idea; I'll have to experiment. Thanks!

Chickhe
11-28-2013, 02:26 PM
I just trim it back to a length that works either way...nobody wants to feel like an ape. I once told my wife I wanted to shave the hair on my toes because it pulled in my socks and she got all weird about it...then sometime later I started epilating the hair and she didn't notice....hasn't noticed or said anything for several years. It is one of those TMI things...just do it and if she notices you just tell her you wanted to try it because you read about manscaping in GQ magazine or something...it will grow back.

cdmcconnell84
11-28-2013, 03:19 PM
I will chime in just to second the advice of AllieSF.

I bleach my arm hair with Sally Hanson bleach semi-regularly (once every two months, say) and it makes a huge difference. I don't know how it would work on your legs, but it's probably worth a shot and would at least make wearing hose or tights over your legs more "effective".

Of course, all of this is for naught if your wife decides she has a problem with bleaching too... but again... worth a shot, IMHO.

docrobbysherry
11-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Regarding facial, I wear a full beard and stasch in most of pics here. Including my avatar and signature pics. Can't see them, tho, can u?

Yet, no one seems to like my method of hiding them!

linda allen
11-28-2013, 04:38 PM
I trim my arm and leg hair. I use am electric trimmer with plastic guides to determine the length. For legs you can wear tights or jeans.

KayleeTaylor
11-28-2013, 05:32 PM
You could try wearing over-the-knee socks and arm-warmers.

kendel
11-28-2013, 08:05 PM
I lost most of the hair on my leggs so now I shave them my so like it that are smoother Then hers lol but I do bleach my arms.

JamieQ
11-28-2013, 10:28 PM
I trimmed most of my arm, leg and body hair with a trimmer and over time kept trimming closer, like a year I got it real short. I also bleached it with hydrogen peroxide, but that seemed to require at least daily applications. Since it was a year long process no one ever seemed to notice. I am experiencing major changes in my life so I now shave most but arms which I keep short. Now I just can not stand any hair growing back...

JenniferYager
11-28-2013, 10:44 PM
There are LOTS of cute outfits that have long sleeves. First, get some darker tights, so you can cover up the leg hair. Then get yourself a variety of cardigans. You can likely shave down your chest enough that you can show some cleavage (it's unprofessional to have chest hair pop above your shirt), but your arms will still be covered.

I feel for you, I'm in the same situation. Don't fret, your wife may change. More importantly, focus on attending to her needs, and as you build up trust, she'll likely relent a bit.

Di
11-28-2013, 10:53 PM
My :2c: you just reached an understanding with your wife and she ( for now ) wants your hair to stay....it must be important to her....so PLEASE do not listen to the nair and bleaching info. Now is NOT the time to be pushing the limits. There are alot of cute long sleeve tops and black tights and legging are still in.:thumbsup:

Princess Chantal
11-29-2013, 02:19 AM
In my opinion, Di's :2c: should have a high exchange rate in most homes. The OP is asking for tips on how to hide the hair and not how to sneakily reduce or modify the hair.
My suggestion is wearing tights with a design pattern for the legs, long lacy sleeved blouses, and multiple bulky bracelets.

@Sherry, I love your creative way of hiding the hair. I'd jump at the chance to do your type of transformation, only thing holding me back is my health (eczema which is most often triggered by body overheating)

Stephanie47
11-29-2013, 03:26 AM
Just about the hairiest part of my body is the arms. My legs have never been hairy, nor my torso. I have some long sleeve dresses that come to the wrists. That leaves the problem of hair on the back of the hands and fingers. That I have shaved. I am an in-home cross dresser, so I really don't need to cover up my arms when wearing a short sleeve dress. However, if I were to make it a habit of going out in short sleeves I'd find a nice selection of sweaters.

As I've aged I've noticed my leg hair has naturally thinned out. Hang in there. Maybe in a decade or two you'll be less hirsute.

Zylia
11-29-2013, 03:44 AM
The good (or bad) thing about body hair is that it grows back over time, so I can imagine that shaving it off every once in a while for special occasions (say, a T-group party) is negotiable, but if 'no shaving' is part of the 'deal' with your wife, there's not much you can do about it. I wonder if it's about the body hair itself as much as it is about pushing certain buttons and boundaries, but I guess that doesn't really change anything practically speaking.

For what it's worth, many T-party attendees will understand and can probably relate to the fact that you're not completely hairless;)

Launa
11-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Apparently you can buy nylons that are the same color as your skin. I've been told to double up on the nylons and you are not able to tell. I saw a drag performer that uses this technique but never asked her the secret.
I've been told you can buy these nylons at stores that sell dance wear. The other clothing you'll have to get are things with long sleeves and high necks. So the only problem left is your hands and feet.....Would it fly to cut those hairs short?

Launa
11-29-2013, 07:54 AM
only thing holding me back is my health (eczema which is most often triggered by body overheating)

Do you have anything to make the eczema go away? I found an all natural crème that starts to work within minutes after putting it on. I haven't needed it for a few years but I bet anybody a thousand bucks it will work! If you want to know more about it I will find the jar and give you the info where to get it.

Cheers

Princess Chantal
11-29-2013, 09:05 AM
Yes, I do. I have a prescribed vaseline based cream, Cerave cleanser and moisturizer that I put on during or after bathing to clear it up. The most effective was having sessions in a uvb type of booth at my dermatologist, however I am managing it well enough the last couple of years to not to go to those measures. I'm managing it with shorter bathing times, moisturizing and avoiding hot tubs or saunas

Dianne S
11-29-2013, 09:06 AM
Thanks to all the replies. So my plan is: For my legs, wear opaque tights under pantyhose. For my arms, I will try bleaching. My wife's objection to my shaving is not so much the appearance as the scratchy stubble... she hates the feeling of my stubble against her skin, so I think bleaching is an acceptable solution, and maybe a light trim too as long as the hairs still feel soft. Some Googling revealed a few bleaching creme products, so I will investigate.