PDA

View Full Version : Introducing subtle feminity into your male look

Cait
11-30-2013, 04:34 AM
Hi everybody,

I was just wondering if people could give any pointers for introducing more feminine aspects into dressing male.

This could be anything from subtle make up to a particular cut of clothing to underdressing.

How many of you do it and how do you do it?

x

Jaime77
11-30-2013, 04:45 AM
My regular feminine touch has been maintaining my smoothly shaved legs and on a daily basis using a lightly scented vanilla body butter on them to keep them feeling soft, smooth and so sexy feeling. :)

tappanty
11-30-2013, 05:14 AM
For me it's been wearing women's clothing but in a unisex style. I now only have women's jeans but keep it on the plain (pocket designs) side if I can. I also only wear women's socks, you'd be surprised how such a small addition can add to a your feminine feeling. I also try to find women's athletic shoes that aren't to obvious when I can. There are many days, when the only piece of clothing I'm wearing that is not a women's article is a shirt. That is the hardest to find in a unisex style, they are often just to cute to be a mans shirt and the cuts, their cropped sleeves or the neckline are just not a mans look.

There has been a practical side to all this as well. I am on the short/small side and always have had trouble with mens clothing sizes. Women's clothing really does just fit me better. Heck, the heel of my foot is actually in the heel of my socks now, who would have thought of such a thing? Jeans, a perfect fit every time, it's rather nice

Erica Marie
11-30-2013, 06:27 AM
For me it is a struggle to slowly fit in a feminine look without drawing too much attention. At times I will undersdress, especially now in winter it is easy when wearing jeans and heavy sweatshirts. Also I am one to keep my body hair at a minimum, I also attempt to keep my nails manicured. I have been wearing small diamond stud earings for about a year now and my latest attempt is to let my hair grow out. That part is still a struggle, trying to let it grow long enough so that I can have a stylist help me with a unisex type hair style, and do it without looking either like a hippie or a slob or letting anyone figure me out. Every day is a struggle to blend.

Raspbewwy
11-30-2013, 06:43 AM
In my situation, I've shaved my entire body. My significant other actually likes that. I caught her off of a bit of a surprise, but he loved it. I'm now starting to use scented lotion too. I've always shaved my pubes and arm pit, even before being serious about CD, because it just was such a turn-off for me to see tarantulas growing there... lol. I hope that helps. So, start by keeping up to date on shaving is a good start. Push/test your limits on how far you will shave, and slowly work your way of acceptance up to whomever you are in regular contact with. Nowadays, I believe it's more accepting and nobody thinks much about it, so it will be easier on you to proceed further.

Beverley Sims
11-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Jeans, blouses, sweaters, female belts done up the correct way, shoes and socks all help the androgynous look.

Jenny Doolittle
11-30-2013, 08:55 AM
Over the past decade I have transitioned my look by wearing female jeans, some sweaters, of course panties, and bras or cami under outer clothes. Also keep shave or epilate all my hair, have nails nicely manicured and always a shinny pink or clear color. My brows are nicely arched and thin and on occasion I will wear eye liner. I also like a muted lipgloss when out. Not sure if that is a little over the top, but as a gradual transition over time people have accepted it as the new me.

Linda E. Woodworth
11-30-2013, 09:05 AM
I am not looking to blur the line between male and female in my outward appearance.

However; I do underdress every chance I get. I have more panties and hose than my wife!

The only outward sign is that I take care of my nails and use a matte finish hardner on them.

KayleeTaylor
11-30-2013, 09:10 AM
I underdress, but I don't wear a bra "en boy" my men's shoes have pink, purple or rainbow shoelaces, my women's tennis shoes are more unisex style. I usually wear women's jeans that are not skinny or embellished. My men's jeans that I wear are skinny and have designs on the pockets. I wear men's t-shirts that have feminine designs on them. I always wear long-sleeved spandex undershirts (I do this so I don't have a farmers tan enfemme). Or, I will wear pastel-colored golf shirts. I always wear clear nail polish, keep my face clean shaved, my hair is growing long, I always use scented body lotion. Sometimes, I will us VS Pink or Britney perfume.

linda allen
11-30-2013, 09:12 AM
Just look for a gay guy and follow his lead.

Really, use your imagination. I wear wonen's jeans whenever I wear jeans. Not because they are feminine but because they are less baggy. I wear panties but nobody sees them. I wear clear nail polish most of the time. I am clean shaven and keep my sideburns short. I trim my eyebrows to make them less bushy. I have pierced ears and wear "unisex" earrings.

daviolin
11-30-2013, 09:16 AM
I pretty much dress complete feminine in guy mode. I completely under dress fem. For the out side. girl slacks or jeans. girl sweater, girl boots. I even have a girl fur coat that doesn't attract to much attention. Sometimes I will wear a short wig, that's unisex in style. Whats cool about it, my wife approves. Daviolin

karynspanties
11-30-2013, 09:17 AM
I shave my entire body smooth, toe nails painted all fall, winter and spring, womens jeans Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda to be exact. Panties, 24/7, bras, socks, scented body washes. Shirts are hard to find, but still looking!

Chari
11-30-2013, 09:59 AM
There are many items that can be considered androgynous, and if you find the correct size for your body, most attire will make you feel feminine without drawing attention to yourself in public. Lingerie (underdressing) is a given and no one would know unless you tell or you are in a mishap where your clothes are removed. Jeans/slacks can be worn, but most girl jeans have much smaller pockets - a reason to carry a cross body purse (messenger bag). In cooler weather wearing a plain color or small striped femme blouse with a sweater over it will look natural. For shoes consider wearing women's loafers or low heel wedges in darker colors. Add a zippered jacket or hoodie, stud earrings, light makeup, perfume, and polish your nails for a more femme look. As for hair styles - a good professional stylist can do wonders to give you a unisex look - maybe with a "bob" for short hair, or even a mild perm for longer hair. Some fashion lines between gals and guys can be blurred, but only you know what will be comfortable for you to wear. Enjoy.

prettytoes
11-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I wear panties all the time (usually VS), keep my legs and pits shaved, polished toenails (when concealed), I wear women's bootcut Levi's (look is similar to men's, but a much better fit for me), knee-high patterned socks, I use clear mascara (adds length and isn't obvious), and I wear a bra when I can get away with it.
Most of these are easy to keep to yourself if you are careful. My SO knows, which makes thing easier for me.

suchacutie
11-30-2013, 10:50 AM
I don't choose to blend my gendered selves, but in some ways we have no choice if we are going to jump easily from one to the other. Eyebrows, finger nails, earrings, and skincare can't be turned on and off.

The one part we can control is style. Eliminate the baggy male style. Add color with flair. If you are in good shape, show it off. If not, hide it as your femme self would. Then start the subtle changes. Women's V-neck sweaters are cut deeper than men's. Jeans are cut differently. Belt buckles are shaped differently. Then look at hair style. Women's loafers are subtlety different.

Little by little is is possible to present a completely ambiguous gender at first blush.

Monica2013
11-30-2013, 01:04 PM
Thanks for this thread! I am new to this and these suggestions are fantastic. These ideas will help me progress along the road I wish I would have taken many years ago.
Monica

Nikki A.
11-30-2013, 01:11 PM
With the cold weather it is so much easier to dress and blur the lines. There are slacks and jeans that can be worn and still look ok. There are sweaters that are fem and can cover the tell tale signs of a blouse underneath. Most of my everyday shoes are woman's shoes also, a couple of pairs of sneakers, clogs a pair of dress shoes, low heel boots. I also have the nails clear coated and usually a stud in both ears.
I think I pull it off pretty well. Believe it or not the shoes are the item that I get noticed on more than anything. At this point I really don't care. If anyone asks I say whats the difference, they fit and I like them.

GroovyChristy
11-30-2013, 01:18 PM
Even male clothes can be somewhat "feminine" these days. I just got a great slim-fit male shirt with a cute floral design from Forever 21 online. I wear a lot of skinny jeans too, and just a little jewelry. And while most of my clothes tend to be on the dark side, I love cute, brightly colored socks. :)

Kate Simmons
11-30-2013, 01:35 PM
I didn't know that there was such a thing. Just dress the way you feel. :)

samanthasolo
11-30-2013, 01:39 PM
This time of year I always have my toes painted and usually change the polish once a week. From my neck down I try to always be hairless and well moisturized. For the most part 24/7 and 365 I use woman's deodorant, I wash with Olay effects body wash and a loofa, I follow a woman's facial regimen, all Olay regenerist products, including the tinted CC cream, my fingernails are always well maintained and my cuticles are well maitained, trimmed, and pushed back. I also keep my eyebrows trimmed and shaped, I don't over pluck but I also use the Olay lash and lid combo when needed. Sometimes I underdress but it is not as frequent as it used to be before my wife became more comfortable and accepting of my dressing. My workout in the gym has become less weight intensive and geared more toward my abs and cardio. And last of all I always have 2 sets of earrings in 1 set of hoops and 1 set of studs!

Alice B
11-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Like many here I stay shaved, wear toe nail polish, have my eyebrows shaped and sometimes wear light make up. That is about as far as I can go without being obvious.

Rachel Morley
11-30-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm the same as others have mentioned. I shave off all of my body hair and I paint my toenails with color. I paint my shaped fingernails with shiny clear. I trim my eyebrows to a "fairly thin" and "slightly arched" shape. I have both ears pierced once. I underdress with panties and a bra (a seamless microfiber type one). My clothes are almost always women's except they are somewhat unisex in style. I wear women's tees with slightly scooped necklines and capped sleeves. I wear girl's fitted jeans and my tennis shoes are white with pink accents. In the winter I wear women's hoodies that are girly but they're not "too in your face". I often wear a fem style baseball cap too.

I'm sure people notice that I am male but my clothes and look is pretty girly, but that's ok I like how I look, and I don't care if people think I'm gay or sissy or whatever. No one has ever challenged me, only a few looks up and down is the worst that's ever happened.

Cheryl T
11-30-2013, 05:46 PM
Well, being completely smooth all over and wearing only panties for the last 10 years it's been fairly easy.
All of my jeans are from the women's department as are my socks, quite a few t-shirts and most of my sneakers. Add to that my earrings (both ears double pierced), my shaped eyebrows and the lip gloss I wear...it's been quite easy to be me.

Tubulin
11-30-2013, 05:48 PM
I go to uni and tend to drink quite heavily on nights out :drink: , so I don't underdress in case I pass out and need to go ambulance or something. However:

I have one pair of women's jeans
i'm gradually replacing my socks with womens socks
I use hand cream to soften my hands
I may get an entire skincare regime going on
I've worn a woman's shirt as a top before.
I normally wear women's converse

Does anyone have some ideas for shoes? Mine are becoming quite battered at the moment and I can't stand the thought of getting male shoes. Luckily I'm a UK size 6 :) so I have mini woman feet.

Madilyn A.
11-30-2013, 06:05 PM
I usually have my toes painted red even in summer, but concealed except when dressed enfem. Completely shaved, fingernails are about 1/4" beyond my fingertips with clear polish. I wear panties, and womens thin sheer trouser socks with an ankle bracelet which peeks through the sheerness and keeps me cognizant of how I sit and the view to others. I try to keep my hands softened with cream often as well......Funny, I feel crossdressed when in male mode ???

Madilyn A.
11-30-2013, 06:22 PM
forgot, I also have trimmed and plucked brows with a slight arch, and often wear pantyhose under my guy clothes.

Robyn2006
11-30-2013, 06:26 PM
Not sure about adding to my outward male persona, but underneath I keep things quite feminine. Never a hair, my toenails forever with my current favorite polish, occasionally wear pantyhose, and panties… always!

farrah60
11-30-2013, 06:53 PM
I keep shaven always and keep toenails painted. I wear panties 24/7 also, been starting to wear genie bras under baggy shirts and womens jeans

Amberhea
11-30-2013, 08:38 PM
I keep my toes painted and I also have incorporated womens socks into my daily wardrobe. My wife actually picked them out. I like others keep my legs shaved and my arms. No one sees them as I wear long sleeves everyday.

marykay24
11-30-2013, 08:52 PM
nothing for me yet but hopefully soon

rachel_rachel
11-30-2013, 09:22 PM
I keep my chest hair trimmed, I shave my legs and I have two earrings.. that's as far as it goes.

lingerieLiz
11-30-2013, 11:29 PM
I wear the same things that most of the neighborhood women are wearing. Women's tops, shorts, jeans footwear ... you get the picture. I also wear panties and bras most all the time. Like many of the women I've switched to foam cups during the summer, and like most of the women I do try and wear bra colors that don't stand out. But my B/C cups stand'th out. I'm lucky enough to be slight so I can wear fem things. I wear tees and tops that have fem necklines and sleeves. Including buttoning to the left. On more than one occasion I've been wearing the same article of clothing as a woman. Had one woman at a party say to me, I love that blouse bought it in green. More than once been told by a woman she had seen that top in a store and thought about buying it.

Brooklyn
12-01-2013, 01:00 AM
I pretty much resemble an off-duty drag queen these days, but maybe try some well-matched tinted moisturizer with SPF 30 or more and the aforementioned women's accessories. You can curl your lashes and use some under-eye concealer to look well-rested. Gently rub your face in a terry-cloth towel to remove excess man-makeup. Keep your hands soft and moisturized with a quality non-petroleum based lotion. Panties do zilcho for me, but my Kate Spade handbag always makes me feel fab! If you have a zillion cards in your folding wallet, there's your excuse to have a ladies clutch-wallet and spare yourself some back pain too. Enjoy being yourself! :rose:

donnalee
12-01-2013, 01:35 AM
Not so much appearance as fabric. Love cashmere, silk, rayon and linen.

27th Jennifer
12-01-2013, 12:38 PM
I underdress (of course) and keep my legs and pits shaved, my toenails polished, and my eyebrows neatly trimmed and plucked. I have several pairs of womens pants that I can wear in an androgynous way. The trick is to slowly incorporate these things, and nobody really notices. Especially the eyebrows....

Ana

gautier_nikolai
12-01-2013, 12:51 PM
Bangles piled up in the wrists are in for men now.Prince Harry was even snapped with 4 or 5 silver and gold ones piled up on his wrist.Though the papers called them Mangles.

Metro fashion:You can get away with alot of things if you are willing to be identified as metro, light makeup, skinny jeans, most coats and jackets unless hot pink, boots; just not pumps or skirts sadly yet.

Jacqui Summers
12-01-2013, 12:58 PM
I recently started wearing pink toenail polish. I enjoy it, but am careful where I change my socks!

I also prefer the fabric approach. I have several cashmere sweaters. I think my male wardrobe is quite fashionable. I incorporate some pink. While I enjoy the femininity of pink, I think it just comes off as a man confident enough to wear pink.

Annaliese2010
12-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Just keeping a good figure and wearing tight jeans with a slim waistline and a colorful top works for me. Maybe a pretty gold ring with tiny little diamonds too. Or a pretty bracelet and/or little pendant necklace inside my blousey 'shirt'.

I have to wear a tight bra to flattin my little itty bitty but definitely not 'male' titties. And when I feel daring I wear one with the tips cutout so my nipples protrude from beneath, catching the eye of whomever cares to really look. Makes me feel sexy the glancing stares I may get (from girls, not guys).

But that's just Me and I tend to be wh#rish that way sometimes. Know what I mean? Anyways to each her own I guess..whatever works for You darling.

(BTW Jacqui, cashmere so rocks! Oooo). :daydreaming:

Marguarite
12-01-2013, 08:09 PM
Hi Cait, There are a number of things that have become a regular part of my look. I shave or epilate my entire body, except eyelashes and eyebrows, which are plucked and trimmed. Fem body washes and lotions used daily, along with under dressing. The surprise or me is how much I am accessorizing with jewelery, studs or rings in both ears, 2 to 3 rings on the fingers (besides wedding ring), Ladies watch and magnet bracelet for the other hand, and a Celtic Cross on thin chain on my neck. Before CD'ing my wife had to get me a new wedding ring a size too small, so that I wouldn't take it off, and that was the only thing i ever wore.

Becky Adams
12-01-2013, 08:48 PM
Have adopted using Lauren Hutton's disk with its several brushes and cosmetics daily as well as a body wash, women's deoderant, and body lotion as well as clear polish on my finger nails...and underdressed with Bali panties and bra...

Algoma
12-01-2013, 09:32 PM
I have several pairs of womens boots and dress loafers that I wear most days. They all have the "menwear" look, just more refined than the typical mans shoes. Thinner sole, pointer toe, just over an 1" heel, I LOVE them. The only comments I have gotten are from other guys wanting to know where to get a pair.

PatChick
12-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I wear my hair in braided pig tails when I play touch football. It helps because otherwise my hair would be in my face, and I don't really like the ponytail look on me.

Mags
12-02-2013, 04:08 AM
I've worn sneakers with a hidden heel. They are not very noticeable, but my wife says I walk more feminine with them on, so she won't let me wear them when drab.

Tina_gm
12-02-2013, 10:45 AM
I really do not try for any noticeable feminine look.... I do shave my legs because I like the way it feels. But that is not anything that is seen. My nails are somewhat long for a guy, but not extreme. I do not grow them for a fem look, well sort of, but it is not my goal so much as that I like the fem feeling of having longer nails. I border on having them long enough to where it looks truly fem. No one other than my wife has ever made comments or have I noticed that they are noticed. Otherwise, when out in public all my clothes are regular mens clothing, and I shave my head, which is not very girly looking lol.

Nadine Spirit
12-02-2013, 01:27 PM
I suppose some of the things I do are subtle. Like the underdressing, most people don't know about that. Most folks don't know I shave pretty much all of my body hair. I don't know if others can tell that most of my undershirts are female. I generally wear them as an accent color to a button down male shirt.

Obvious signs - my brows are shaped, me ears are pierced, I wear female rings, I wear scented lotion, my finger nails are painted all the time, and not in clear or pale colors, more like bright obnoxious colors.

Out of everything that I do, the only thing that has elicited any questions is the painting of the finger nails. People have often asked why. I answer, because I like to. They generally say, ok and move on. Only once did I have someone really question me to the point of being obnoxious. But then I started to question her on the god-awful-way-too-small shorts for her grandmother body and she got the point and left me alone.

terrianncd
12-02-2013, 01:57 PM
We had a truck delivery to our home a few days ago and I went out to meet the truck. Not even thinking about the outfit as it's just what I wear. I had on a fem tshirt, leggings,fem jacket,open toed pink sandals with hearts on them and red toes. The delivery guys never missed a beat and I didn't give it a thought until the wife noted the outfit. The guys were cute too!

TerriAnn

Emogene
12-02-2013, 11:43 PM
Has anyone else tried a pixy like hair style? If you have your hair razor cut it is easy to manage and easy to convert back and forth from a more male style to a more feminine style. I keep my side burns cut at a sharp angle from the top of the ear where it joins the head downward and terminating about mid-ear. Take a look a picture of Jamie Lee Curtis.

BethanyCross
12-03-2013, 11:54 AM
I use a lipstick by Clinique called 'Creamy nude' Sometimes I also use scented deoderants or even a very light touch of perfume. Also, clear mascara. I have used these in public many times and no one has ever noticed - and at first, I watched for reactions. I think most people tend to see what they expect to see. Of course, I can feel the lipstick and the scents so I know and can appreciate being a bit feminine

winny
12-03-2013, 01:58 PM
when underdressing, nobody notices my panties or bra. so when i feminize in male mode i try to make it obvious: bold nail polish on my fingers and toes, girl jeans, ladies' rings and watches, plucked and shaped brows, lipstick... fashion freedom!

BeckyW
12-03-2013, 05:50 PM
Just got my ears pierced and am growing my hair out.

Also panties all the time unless I have a dr. appointment.

Dawn Gurl
12-03-2013, 06:06 PM
I've just started to feminize my everyday look. I appreciate all you ladies giving me some idea's on here beyond my underdressing. Some I had not considered. Thank-you so very much !

Eryn
12-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Probably not "subtle" but I have pierced ears, smooth arms and legs, and tend to wear pretty colors in my shirts, no matter which rack they come from. My nails are almost always clear-polished as well. The combination occasionally gets me ma'amed in male mode by people who don't look at my face before greeting me. It shows how powerful first impressions can be!

Michelle Charles
12-03-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm like so many others here. In winter I keep my toes polished all the time, with pedicures when I have time! I wear panties, pantihose or tights when cold. I wear a bra if I can have on a sweatshir t or heavy sweater to hide it. I use a clear, matte polish on my hands, but my favorite, I have worn a bit of makeup daily for 5 years. I found an eye shadow that blends to skin tones well. I use a fine brush black mascara, my lases are long and dark, and a nicely color matched blush. I have a couple nude lipsticks I wear often!

PatChick
12-03-2013, 08:53 PM
Here's a pic of how I sometimes wear my hair, in guy mode.

yvonne10
12-05-2013, 04:29 AM
I always wear female
underwear and i also wear tights everyday I have to make sure that my trousers do not ride up as I do not wear socks it's fun to know what you are wearing and no one else has a clue my wife is the only person that knows

joan47
12-05-2013, 10:27 AM
I shave my entire body including my arms, pierced ears, thin waxed arched eyebrows (with a little pencil), lip gloss, mascara, long pinkish arylic nails, gold braclet,
girls boot cut or skinny jeans, jeggings, or leggings with tunic or girls top, girls pink accent sneakers, pink girls baseball hat....do you think this is over the top, It is just that I feel more feminine than male, I don't want to change my sex just be feminine. Oh, I do have large man boobs, always have, theMaidenform lady has measured me and says I am a B almost a C cup. Of course I wear high cut panties and slightly padded bra, even in the summer with colored girls t-shirts... I love being feminine..

sfwarbonnet
12-06-2013, 11:38 AM
Wearing lingerie that is invisible to others rapidly becomes “normal”. However, items that could be spotted, such as a bra and nylons, is more of a challenge; but when there is no reaction from either men or women (women are more likely to notice than men are) that invites one to wear only women’s clothes. I have found these items acceptable in ”boy” mode but sure make me feel "girly":

!) Pants: Women’s pull on pants are much easier to put on than men’s belted pants. They do not need a fake fly, as the absence of it is usually not apparent, but I prefer non-figured and solid color, non-pastel pants so they are not readily identified as women’s clothing.

2) Panties: Underwear with a fly is unnecessary with pull on pants. Although there are no-fly briefs in the men’s department, women’s full-cut briefs work just as well, and are often cheaper.

3) Slips: Shirttails tend to readily pull out of pull on pants. This can expose panty and pantyhose tops and a bare back is usually uncomfortable when seated. A “solution” is to wear a full slip that is short enough to be worn with slacks. A slip with adjustable straps, lace trim, and a bodice can even be OK as it is covered and feminine features aren’t apparent. Also slips are usually made of material that makes it easier to pull on and straighten pants.

4) Bra: This is generally not considered an androgynous item, but it can be useful in “boy mode” to keep non-adjustable straps on a slip from falling off the shoulders

5) Pantyhose: An MD suggested that I wear pantyhose to avoid the indentation in my lower legs that mid-calf or knee-high socks make. Pantyhose do not require anything that is not also needed with pull on pants. Opaque ones are best, as they aren't readily identified as women's hosiery, but that isn't necessary and non-opaque pantyhose are OK and are more available.

6) Purse: Keeping a wallet, comb, notepad, phone, and keys in pants pockets is awkward as it is hard to extract them when seated, and pockets in women’s pull on pants are often not very deep anyway. My “solution” is to use a small shoulder purse, which can either be worn or secured in a basket when that is available.

All these are mass-market items in the women’s department. Even when suitable clothing is available in menswear, it is a specialty item and often expensive!