PDA

View Full Version : Tanks, Needs, and Wants in this Holiday season.

Emma Beth
12-01-2013, 06:45 AM
In this Holiday season we are inundated with the commercial world and the consumerism of the Holiday season. A prime example is the chaos of Black Friday.

I can’t help but wonder about what I really need, or what another TS needs to make it through the Holiday season and remember the magic of the holiday season.

I take stock and I can say that I am grateful for my TS sisters and everything you have taught me. Mostly the less obvious things like self-acceptance and what it means to be TS in our own private little settings and out in the real world. I have learned more from my sisters than any therapist could ever teach me by reading your words of warning and encouragement.

I see what everyone states here on the forum about what is needed to transition and so on.

In the spirit of the giving season I am wondering what the best thing to get one’s self, as a TS, and TS friends for the gift giving season.

Of course there is the obvious; Make up, Clothing, and other material things that will assist in the transition.

What about support? A friendly hug, even if it is a cyber-hug? How about a shoulder to cry on or an ear to listen?

I realize that there are a lot of things in this world that can be done that can make more of a difference in one’s life than any material item can make that are often taken for granted.

Far too often we get caught up in the hype of want, that we often forget the need, and be grateful of what we already have.

In closing I would like to extend a huge holiday hug to all of my sisters and ask one thing.

What gift would make the most difference to you?

For me what would make the biggest difference is to have my voice redirected instead of silenced in many situations. As I have always struggled with speaking up and expressing myself. As well as accepting myself even more as a human being and not the monster that I feel like sometimes.

Love and Hugs,
Liz

I Am Paula
12-01-2013, 07:29 AM
This Christmas will be the first that I sit down to a family meal, and all the yule festivities, fully as myself. My entire family, from four year old nephew, to eighty five year old Dad, know about, love, and welcome Paula. This will be the greatest gift I have ever received. To break bread with an accepting family is all the gift I need, so I may get a few physical gifts, they are little in comparison.
Gifts I can give to other girls here? Please remember the importance of family. Mine is shrinking due to a couple of deaths, so it made me realize this. To those afraid to come out, your families love should be unconditional, please try to muster the courage to be yourself with them.