PDA

View Full Version : Pockets

rocval2001
12-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Excuse me if this is the wrong area to post this. But does anyone hate carrying things in your pockets? Wish I could carry a purse - of coarse one to match my outfit. :):)

KayleeTaylor
12-01-2013, 06:38 PM
Yes, pockets are annoying and pointless. Even in guy mode, I don't have enough room to cram everything into my pockets and when I just bring along the minimalistic stuff, it feels weird in my pocket. Get a messenger bag :) There are some cute styles that can pass "en boy" :hugs:

Ciara Brianne
12-01-2013, 07:13 PM
Yes. I can hardly stand a tube of lip balm in my pocket. lol I take a backpack with me everywhere I go. I like to be prepared for the unforeseen and there is definitely not enough room in pockets for all I normally take with me. If I go shopping I will put my wallet and phone in my pocket while in the store. If I wear a jacket I use the jacket pockets instead of my pant pockets.

Ciara

Brooklyn
12-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Why don't you just buy the handbag you want? Get a nice one; you'll get lots of compliments! :rose:

Marguarite
12-01-2013, 09:26 PM
I agree, I hate anything in my pockets. During the week I have, my leather briefcase, with shoulder strap that almost, holds everything. It's a definite "Man Purse",
on the weekend a small over the shoulder bag. By the way I was told years ago to stop carrying a wallet in my back pocket by a therapist due to ab back injury.

Deedee Skyblue
12-01-2013, 09:51 PM
One reason I don't like women's slacks is the small or non-existent pockets. I carry a wallet, comb and car keys, usually leave the keys in my coat pocket. Don't need to carry anything else. And I usually can't put my wallet in the hip pocket in slacks; the pocket isn't deep enough.

Deedee

RADER
12-01-2013, 10:23 PM
Sorry to say that I can not live with out a pocket in my shirt.
Rader

Eryn
12-01-2013, 11:09 PM
...Wish I could carry a purse....

And so you can! :fairy3:

Anyone can carry a purse. If you're worried about what other people think there are plenty of purses that work in male mode. Black, brown, or khaki, leather, nylon or canvas, messenger, camera, or tote, there are lots of possibilities!

The only thing that goes into my shallow jeans pockets in male mode are my smartphone and keys.

Annaliese2010
12-01-2013, 11:12 PM
I just Knew I would love this post. Who wouldn't? A thread entitled "Pockets". Awww...that's adorable rocval2001. You must be a really innocent person. I'm glad!

Well...to answer your query. Yes I really cannot abide by having to carry stuff. Mainly because I know myself and as such, I know I'm liable to misplace, forget or otherwise lose it. So....I have a little teeny tiny black purse with a spaghetti string that goes around my shoulder any time I go out. It's small but easily accommodates stuff that would otherwise be in my wallet.

SometimesJen
12-01-2013, 11:49 PM
It looks like I'm in the minority. I prefer to have my hands free so I like pockets better than a bag. I can fit lip balm, keys, cash, and id in even the smallest pockets.

ActuallyMichaela
12-01-2013, 11:56 PM
I tend to carry my phone in my back pocket. Other than that, I hate carrying things in my pockets!

Emogene
12-02-2013, 12:36 AM
One hates to say to this audience "Man up" but it is just too good an opportunity! :)

I bought a brown, distressed leather, shoulder bag a few weeks ago and have carried it consistently since then. It is sized to carry an iPad and is about 4" deep. With the strap across my body, it frees my hands and holds loads of "stuff" to include polish, file, et al.

I've carried it to the gym, church, shopping, etc. with only a few, and I might add, exclusively positive comments.

Should have done this years ago. Confidence ladies!

Oh, as an aside, brown is suppose to go with any color so it should match your outfit as well.

AmyGaleRT
12-02-2013, 01:28 AM
I'm tempted to get this (http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/13f3/) bag; people would just take me for a Firefly fan (which I am :) ) if I carried it in male mode. (And it's on sale right now! Hoping the sale will last till I get paid again...)

- Amy

bridget thronton
12-02-2013, 02:19 AM
I have carried a purse every where for about 12 years now - no comments other than "I like your bag" (shoulder bag - definitely a woman's bag)

Tracii G
12-02-2013, 02:26 AM
I pack a small camo purse in guy mode all the time nobody has said a thing

KayleeTaylor
12-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Amy, I just had to get that bag, I love Firefly too :)

Marcelle
12-02-2013, 06:06 AM
When I femme, I carry a purse. When "en boy" I carry a small backpack (camo) have for years as it is easier than trying to cram everything in pockets.

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
12-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Does not worry me, pockets are handy.
When they are deep enough. :)

Linda E. Woodworth
12-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Sorry Girls but I'm two distinctly different people depending on whether I'm in guy or girl mode.

In guy mode my pockets, all 4 of them are bulging with stuff. That doesn't include the stuff clipped to my belt. If I have something bulky I'll bring my backpack.

In girl mode everything goes into my purse. I may put a handkerchief in a skirt or jean pocket but that is all. Everything else goes in the purse.

Annaliese2010
12-02-2013, 08:46 AM
I tuck stuff in my bra now and then for on-the-fly temporary storage. God knows there's room enough in there. Someday maybe that'll change though (I hope!) :battingeyelashes:

daviolin
12-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I sound like a broken record. Carry a purse in girl or guy mode. I do. Daviolin

Joanne f
12-02-2013, 09:05 AM
I haven't much choice in carrying a bag (purse) as the pockets are to small or just not there apart from cargo trousers which have bigger pockets just above the knee and if you fill those up it is like kneeing something every time you walk , these sacrifices that we have to make but I am sure that I will get over it :heehee:

linda allen
12-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Do I hate carrying things in my pockets? Hate is a pretty strong word and if I were going to hate something it wouldn't be carrying things in my pockets.

I carry things in my pockets all the time in male mode. Wallet, keys, telephone, loose change, etc. No need to worry about forgetting a purse or finding a place to set it down.

Dressed (as a female), I carry a purse. Well, not on a walking trail, but everywhere else.

If you want to carry a purse as a male, there's no law against it but you might get some ribbing from friends and co-workers.

robindee36
12-02-2013, 09:26 AM
Suppose this is a matter of degree. Carrying 'stuff' in pockets is not, in and of itself, a bad or good thing. However, stuffing the pockets may not be a good thing. As with so much in this life, it is a matter of degree.

I don't carry much in pants pockets, but jacket pockets are another thing entirely ;) Since I traded in the bulky wallet for a slim money clip, the biggest over stuff culprit was eliminated. However, a hanky, a few coins and the money clip fit nicely into both my boy and girl jeans without bulk or discomfort.

When dressed, it is always a handbag or jacket pockets as my miniskirts do not have pockets ;)

Hugs, Robin

Lynn Marie
12-02-2013, 10:09 AM
Anybody remember not wanting to "break starch" on your fatigues in the military? No pockets and no purse either! I seem to remember carrying cigarettes inside my shirt.

Pockets are eminently practical. Purses are a pain. What a weird thread.

AmyGaleRT
12-03-2013, 12:26 AM
I tuck stuff in my bra now and then for on-the-fly temporary storage. God knows there's room enough in there. Someday maybe that'll change though (I hope!) :battingeyelashes:

This is known as the "Victoria's Secret Compartment (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VictoriasSecretCompartment)." :D

- Amy

Eryn
12-03-2013, 01:42 AM

I was at a party in a t-shirt maxidress. I had no pockets or purse nearby so I tucked my smartphone into my bra, marveling at how it didn't really show through the fabric. I soon got distracted and forgot it was there. This led to a few seconds of panic when I started to look for the phone and didn't remember where I stashed it!