PDA

View Full Version : Not so Androgenous

Sometimes Steffi
12-01-2013, 11:32 PM
There's this guy at a grocery store that I patronize once in a while. The first time I saw him, I thought there was something very femme about him. When I saw him last week, he was wearing sparkly nail polish, a necklace and a femme hat.

Should I say anything to him, or just let him enjoy what he's doing without butting in?

Rachelakld
12-01-2013, 11:42 PM
Smith and Caughey's in my city, often have male makeup artists, who have foundation, lipstick, eye shadow (the whole 9 yards plus some) on. I may have on 1 occasion complimented one, but as the shop is "top of the line" and I have a natural hatred for spending, I tend not to speak to sales people there.

At my local shops I might say "hi, I like your....." depends on my mood and if they seam unhurried

dallasmann
12-01-2013, 11:55 PM
In my world, a brief, polite compliment is rarely out-of-line. I say go for it! Personally, I love it when I'm 'noticed'.

SometimesJen
12-02-2013, 12:03 AM
As Rachelakld suggested, a "hi, I like your..." is almost always appreciated.

Beverley Sims
12-02-2013, 08:49 AM
If you see him a few times more and he acknowledges you, you could start a conversation, along the lines of I like your style.

He probably wants to remain private, so don't be upset by any rebuffs.

Annaliese2010
12-02-2013, 08:57 AM
Just be natural in-the-moment rather than in 2nd guess mode. If you like what he's doing give a sincere on-the-fly compliment. We of all people know the work and energy that goes into making ourselves look good. He'll appreciate the little attention you give Stef.

BTW your so cute by your tentative sensitive nature. Aww :battingeyelashes:

robindee36
12-02-2013, 09:18 AM
Slow and steady Steffi. Perhaps a simple smile or acknowledgement of his presence would be a good starter. See how he reacts and go from there. Obviously he is wearing nail polish and fem accessories there is something there. Just might be better to let him get comfortable with you first.

All this 'outing the dresser' is not in my modus operandi. A slow and subtle approach is much preferred. Look, he is aware of his presentation, so provide him the opportunity to decide if he is interested in chatting with you (or any one) about it.

Hugs, Robin

I Am Paula
12-02-2013, 11:03 AM
When someone is presenting completely female, the rule is say nothing.
To someone obviously pushing boundries, why not a nice compliment? It lets them know you think it is OK to express themselves.

Karren H
12-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Compliment him and ask him what nail polish he was wearing and where he got it....

Tina_gm
12-02-2013, 11:35 AM
My 1st instinct would be that this guy is presenting himself in a fem way to be noticed.... But that really may not be the case. Maybe he just is presenting himself the way he feels is comfortable for him. His intentions may not to be noticed, but rather he will deal with being noticed. I would probably not say anything, but I do not think that a compliment would be a bad thing either.

Tracii G
12-02-2013, 11:41 AM
I agree with Karren a nice compliment would be fine.

Sometimes Steffi
12-23-2013, 11:31 PM
So, I saw him again today. He was wearing kind of a burgandy nail polish and he was wearing a "pearl" bracelet. He has also let his nails grow out. So, I told him that I liked his nail polish and I really liked his sparkly nail polish from a few weeks ago. I didn't want to say too much because I don't want to out myself to him.

PatMatoole
12-24-2013, 07:22 AM
OK, so when was the last time some one gave you a compliment and you thought "Damn, I hated that"?

Point being, i disagree with those that say don't say anything. I like the post that says something like, "In my world a compliment is always nice to receive"