PDA

View Full Version : I am looking at a very long process

vetobob9
12-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Doing some more research I found that when you go on HRT, the process is the same as if you were going through adolescence. Apparently this includes the amount of time involved. Which means I would not see full results for at least 7 to 8 years. If I start at 40 that means I see the full result until I am almost 50.

I wonder how many people actually get breast implants just because they are not happy after the first year or two?

I think the key here is to have a lot of patience with your own body. It is going to take more than half a decade to get where you want to go.

Perhaps we should remember that in GG's, many girls don't start developing breasts until up to two years after their hormones have begun kicking in.

Maybe a lot of us are mistakenly trying to rush the transition??

Angela Campbell
12-02-2013, 02:10 PM
You will see the majority of results within 2 to 3 years. BA is usually done because the results of HRT will likely not give the best results after a full male puberty has taken effect, so yes many do get implants. I will.

Each body is different and will respond in a different way, and there is little standardization on the dosages. With a Dr. who is experienced and knows what they are doing, and a little luck, you should see the beginnings of breasts in a few months and probably will know what the end result is in about 2 years. Many do not see the best effects of the hormones until they have an orchi or SRS as the testicles still produce testosterone and fights the estrogen.

I am seeing some very promising results (not just breasts) after 6 months. The estrogen changes a lot of things other than the breasts. There will be a good bit of results in much less time than 10 years.

I Am Paula
12-02-2013, 02:53 PM
Angela's pretty much dead on the timeline.
I'm getting a BA next year, unless HRT does miracles. I'd do it now, but the surgeon I've already picked asked me to do hormones for a year first.
You will see results from HRT pretty quickly, but the things it does to your mind, quite quickly, is astounding!

Dawn cd
12-02-2013, 03:06 PM
I'm not a TS, but it seems to me that you are a women from the moment you decide who you are. You don't have to wait for every last detail to fall into place. The entire journey—from the very beginning—is a woman's journey.

arbon
12-02-2013, 03:33 PM
Maybe a lot of us are mistakenly trying to rush the transition??

Physical transition?

The less time spent looking like someone in between a man and woman, or just looking like a man wearing womens cloths, the better. The easier life will likely be.

mary something
12-02-2013, 03:34 PM
I agree that it is probably best to be your own guide about how to transition. Whether you wait to get ba or at the first available opportunity is just two examples of a successful transition. What matters most is the person themselves and what their needs are. Most importantly are you making choices that make you happy and that if perhaps criticized does it still feel "right". I think this board does a good service in challenging different ideas because it has made me examine a lot of things that I had assumed and I've learned a lot from the experience. It's really nice to see different women who have taken different approaches to their transition and have each arrived at exactly where they needed to be.

I don't think there is necessarily a "right" way or a "wrong" way to transition, there is just "your" way. What matters is are you improving your quality of life and becoming happier in my opinion.

Badtranny
12-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Well Bob, I've had a shit ton of surgery including breast augmentation and just about everything else you can imagine.

I'll be 46 in January and I plan to have a face lift in a couple of years if I need it too. Am I "rushing"?

...yep.

stefan37
12-02-2013, 08:47 PM
This is a very long process. The time seems to fly by however. Sometimes it seems as if it is dragging. lately i feel as if i am cramming for a test. Unlearning 57 years of male socialization, and learning years of female socialization in a short time frame.

kimdl93
12-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I don't think transitioning, even commencing HRT is or should be about breast development. I'm sure it's encouraging to see outward signs of HRT, but...and I respectfully defer to TS on this... it's my impression that HRT is as much or more about betting your body chemistry in synch with your gender identity.

Angela Campbell
12-02-2013, 09:01 PM
It may be worth noting that there are a lot of other things that have to be done for transition, and HRT is just the easiest. Your body will not look convincingly female from hormones alone unless you are very fortunate to start with. But even with that the looks is not the only thing to work on. (as Stephanie pointed out)

If I had to wait 10 years I don't think I could make it. Then again check back with me in 2 and see. (maybe 1)

Kim, HRT is just one tool for feminizing the body's secondary sexual characteristics, in order to bring about a connection between the mind and body. As far as breast development it does some but it is not a very good tool by itself. No it is not about boobies, but they are nice.