PDA

View Full Version : People surprise you.

Janelle_C
12-02-2013, 07:32 PM
I have been full time now for a little over three months. My journey has been full of love and acceptances so far, my brother is struggling with this but for the most part I feel very blessed. I have a friend that lives in another town about an hour away. We are very close we used to work together. But I’ve been retired for five year now so we get together a few times a year for golf or fishing trips. He is the kind of person that you could not see for a year and when you saw him again it would be like you saw him yesterday. I struggled with telling him because I did not think he would take it well, he is a very macho type. I was afraid of losing his friendship. But people surprise you all the time. I finally called him the other day and told him that I was Trans and that I was becoming a woman. I told him that I was sorry for not calling him for so long because I was afraid of losing his friendship and he told me, well you’re not going to lose my friendship over this. It was so wonderful to hear I started to cry a little. I don’t have very many male friends because I find it hard to relate to men, every time my wife and I would meet a couple I didn’t want to be his friend I wanted to be her friend. So I really valued his friendship. We talked for about a half hour before he had to leave for work, he even called me Janelle at the end of the call. I’m so glad I called, some people told me if you think he won’t accept it then just don’t call him and put yourself throw that. But people have surprised me so after a long talk with my cousin I decide to give him the opportunity and now I can’t wait to see him. I just wanted to share this because I almost threw away someone near and dear to my heart.
Good thoughts to all Janelle

gennee
12-02-2013, 07:40 PM
They certainly do, Janelle. It's great that your friend accepts you as a woman. Considered yourself blessed.

:hugs:

Rachael Leigh
12-02-2013, 07:41 PM
Hi, so glad this has worked out for you. Once again for you girls on this spectrum of gender I still don't understand your struggle. I hope things will continue to work out for you Janelle

kimdl93
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
That is a truly real friendship.

CarlaWestin
12-02-2013, 09:30 PM
Yes, people will surprise you. And it's so nice to hear a story about being surprised in a positive way. I'm sure that my best friend of over fifty years would react equally as positively yet, I still refrain from telling him about Carla. It's that old familiar fear of the unknown. I am so very very happy for you.

Rachel Smith
12-05-2013, 08:51 AM
It's good to hear. I had the exact same feeling about my brother. His words to me were I don't care as long as you are happy. I cried too.

Hugs
Rachel

Jenny Doolittle
12-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Positive stories in this forum give hope to others and courage to open up to their own family and friends. Thank you Janelle for sharing yours.

Carlene
12-05-2013, 10:00 AM
I'm happy you have someone you can talk to and be yourself with. It will be interesting for you, I suppose, to see how your friendship evolves as you become a woman. If it is at all possible, could you please update us from time to time.

Carlene