PDA

View Full Version : Supplement to "Where"

Sam-antha
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Second try to correct my first error. I have just seen how you will see, and answer the poll. I need to place a supplementary.

Butterfly Bill
01-02-2006, 12:09 PM
"A friendly environment" for me is more likely to be a folk or classical music concert, an art fair in a park, a live theater performance, a contra dance -- someplace where there are intellectual and liberal people. I recommend things like this as places to try coming out, rather than a club or bar.

SherriePall
01-02-2006, 06:56 PM
I have a couple of businesses where I shop and have things done that are friendly towards me dressed. One more so than the other because at the one place it depends on who is working there that day.

serinalynn
01-02-2006, 07:35 PM
I go shopping at the mall on saturdays and go when the stores first open so there isn't likely to be a lot of people in them. All the stores I go to , Lane Bryant, Torrid, Avenue , Catherines and Robinsons-May all have been very friendly to me. The associates have asked if I would like to use a changing room and asked if they can find something for me and answer questions. and Never have they asked if something was for me. Most of the store associates I know, know what I buy is for me. I've never had a problem buying womens clothing for me.

I go out on the 3rd saturday of the month to The Neutral Corner Meetings in San Diego. Nuetral Corner is a crossdresser/ tg/ts group in San Diego
http://www.geocities.com/neutral-corner/

Phoebe Reece
01-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Actually, I haven't been in a club or restaurant or mall or shop that I felt was unfriendly. I definitely get more smiles, conversations, and interaction with people when dressed enfemme than I do when drab.

Rachel Morley
01-02-2006, 10:40 PM
"A friendly environment" for me is more likely to be a folk or classical music concert...........someplace where there are intellectual and liberal people. I recommend things like this as places to try coming out, rather than a club or bar.

I (kind of) agree with Bill. Unless you have a friendly GLTG bar near you, places that have intellectual and liberal people or people around that are "alternative lifestyle people" are in my opinion the best places to be.

Of the times that I have wanted to "push the envelope" as a feminized male I have always done it in a place that I have felt was either tolerant (San Francisco) or intellectual (Carmel, California).

Phoebe Reece
01-03-2006, 03:04 PM
I should have mentioned earlier in this a particularly nice experience in one restaurant:

Back in mid-December a group of six of us went dressed to Cowtippers restaurant in Atlanta. It is located in a neighborhood that has an interesting mix of people living around and in the restaurant you will find a real mix of gay and straight people. We frequent this place on a semi-regular basis and have always felt welcome there. On this particular night as our waiter was taking our orders he said that he wanted to thank us for us coming there so often and would give us two desserts (to share between us) free of charge. Talk about feeling welcome - that certainly did it for us. When the desserts came, they were so huge, they could have fed a dozen people. We made sure his tip was generous.

Our waiter also took this picture of us with one of the other girls camera: