PDA

View Full Version : Another good day as Barbra

Barbra P
12-03-2013, 05:02 PM
Today I had an appointment to see my Therapist and I went en femme. Even though I’ve gone before en femme there still is some apprehension walking into a crowded Medical center. I’m fine once I step off the elevator on the third floor. The third floor is the Psychiatric Department and I figure anything goes. Sitting in the waiting room there was a women, whom seemed rather fascinated with me as she kept staring, and one male. I noticed that the man had knee length shorts on and his legs were shaved. Another woman came in and took the seat across from me, only a few feet away, and started breast feeding her infant; sort of made me a bit jealous that I have never been able to do that.

When Kelly came and announce “Barbra you can come in now” all three looked up but it was my moment as I gathered up my purse and walked through the waiting area. Spent a pleasant hour with Kelly, mostly discussing the joys of being a woman, such as makeup, what color nail polish I like, and how I liked to present as a woman. Kelly informed me that starting in January Kaiser not only covers HRT but will start offering SRS to its members, oh to be younger and without a Wife who says no. We already had the discussion of my going on HRT – recommended by Kelly and approved by my Doctor (she knows about my dressing).

At one point we discussed my using the Women’s Room and she said that there should be no problem using the Women’s Rooms in the center. She also suggested that I go shopping when I left, but my Wife takes a dim view of my going shopping en femme. I mentioned that the truck needed gas and that I might stop and get some gas; that didn’t happen as I only passed two stations, one a name brand with high prices and the independent was extremely crowded. I was surprised when I got home that my Wife asked if I stopped and got gas and genuinely seemed disappointed that I hadn’t. But I did pay a visit to the Women’s Room before I left the medical center, as it turned out I was alone the whole time although one male patient took notice when I exited the Women’s Room. What the heck, as Kelly said “Your Barbra and as Barbra you have every right to use the Women’s Room, just like every other woman in the building.”

Before leaving I had to change my January appointment with Kelly and the receptionist asked if that was the appointment for Mrs. (insert last name), when I corrected her she whispered that she was aware of who I was but was trying to maintain my female identity for anyone in earshot. All in all its turning out to be a very good day.

Suzanne F
12-03-2013, 05:06 PM
Barbara
I would count that as a good day too! That is great about Kaiser. Can I ask how does your wife feel about HRT if she does not like you going out? I also see my therapist en femme. I go out quite regular. I encourage you to take that plunge! Good luck with everything!
Hugs
Suzanne

Barbra P
12-03-2013, 06:13 PM
Hi Suzanne

She is totally against it even though there are some mental and physical reasons why it was recommended for me. I take two different medications for BPH and it was felt that a regimen of low-dose female hormones might prove to be beneficial, that and my Therapist thought it would elevate some of my depression and anxiety; suppress some of the Type A personality traits with Type B personality traits. She indicated that the possibility of some breast growth, although probably minimal at my age, was a real problem for her. In the end I felt I had to honor her wishes.

Suzanne F
12-03-2013, 06:22 PM
That sounds reasonable. I appreciate that you want to be good to your wife!
Suzanne

Rachelakld
12-03-2013, 08:22 PM
Sounds like an interesting day and aren't the ladies rooms nicer and with big mirrors.

Barbra P
12-03-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi Rachel

Actually I was rather disappointed in this one, a fair amount of toilet paper (clean) on the floor, one large handicap stall and the toilet in the other was so low I worried that I might not be able to stand up once I managed to get that low. The single seat unisex room at the opposite end of the building, which I had used earlier was much roomier and with no toilet paper on the floor, I think the rooms were close to being the same size so with just a single toilet and a sink the unisex was quite roomy, while the actual Women’s Room was rather cramped. I believe they both had the same sink and mirror.

Based on past experience, although rather limited in my case, I would say you would probably be correct most of the time.

docrobbysherry
12-03-2013, 09:16 PM
What a great post, Barbra. Most of us never get to where u r. I consider this thread a real education in what being trans is all about!

Cynthia Anne
12-04-2013, 12:59 AM
I agree with Sherry! Thanks for sharing your great story!

Beverley Sims
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
Barbra,
I hope you can resolve issues with your wife, it would make things a lot easier.
You would have to think about the future also.