PDA

View Full Version : Comforting or Comforting?

Julie Gaum
12-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Many hundreds of posts on this Forum describe how more comfortable they feel wearing feminine clothing --- true now as it was when they were children. And many more have recounted the change in their own personality while en femme --- whether underdressed, partially or all dressed --- varying by individual. This sister realized too that members were using these words synonymously and that's the rub. They're not. No question that one can feel both, that is, being comfortable and being comforted; so why does one think that they are also being comforted? I s the source of that comfort a physical one, spiritual, emotional or something else? Is there a link to childhood and, if so, how?
Thought it would be a good idea to examine how and why we use these two words as they do mean different things to different people but don't have the same meaning.
Julie

Rachael Leigh
12-03-2013, 06:19 PM
Oh I've always felt being comforted part comes from as boys many felt close to their mothers or had a sister they looked up to. I know that's how it was fit me. No doubt I'm closer to both my mom and sister than I am my dad or brother.

Laura912
12-03-2013, 06:55 PM
Only in the latter years of life am I comfortable while dressed. With a supportive spouse, it is quite comfortable. But once dressed, I am comforted by all the tactile sensations, the nuances of feminine, and the mind shift to a calmer harmonic...sort of like three sips of good bourbon. Zen and the art of cross dressing?

Kate Simmons
12-03-2013, 07:09 PM
The only thing I say with regard to myself with this is that my comfort level with being myself and actually being comforted are two entirely different things. :)

Karren H
12-03-2013, 07:14 PM
I'm neither comforted or more comfortable wearing fem clothing than I am male clothing.... like womens clothing is comfortable? I'm what ever salmon swimming up stream to span and die are feeling... less the dying part! and the spanning part... lol.

AllieSF
12-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I agree with Karren. For me it is the final look of the outfit and accessories. Yes, some outfits are more comfortable than others and have a special feeling like a flowing skirt brushing against bare legs. But those feelings for me are few and far between and are not the reasons that I dress as a woman and enjoy so much doing so.

Beverley Sims
12-04-2013, 01:10 PM
Julie,
I like the comfort that female clothing offers me by it's feel and texture.
I also like the comfort I feel by presenting as a woman and wearing said clothing.
Being comforted is purely psychological.