PDA

View Full Version : Coming out to your ex

sara.s
12-04-2013, 07:35 AM
Would you tell your ex gf, that you are a crossdresser? or if you did tell then what was her reaction?

I assume we have nothing to lose right.

JamieQ
12-04-2013, 07:44 AM
I think it really depends on how you still get along with the person. Some would be ok with it and others would try to get it on national radio so the whole world would know. Maybe it depends how far "out" you are...

linda allen
12-04-2013, 07:45 AM
You have no reason to tell her and you could have a lot to lose. Don't do it.

DeeArel
12-04-2013, 07:54 AM
I believe once a person earns the title of "ex" he/she gets to keep it. Therefore, an ex is not privileged to any personal or intimate information.

kimdl93
12-04-2013, 07:54 AM
Not unless I had a continuing and cordial relationship of some kind.

dana digs sweaters
12-04-2013, 08:14 AM
I believe once a person earns the title of "ex" he/she gets to keep it. Therefore, an ex is not privileged to any personal or intimate information.

This! They are an Ex for a reason.

Kate Simmons
12-04-2013, 08:26 AM
What purpose would that serve for anything Hon?:)

Linda E. Woodworth
12-04-2013, 09:11 AM
NO, don't bring it up unless you're ready for her to shout it to the world form the highest mountain.

This is a really bad idea.

Tiffanyselkoe
12-04-2013, 09:35 AM
I guess it depends on your relationship with your ex. Once the cat is out of the bag it's not going back in!

Connief
12-04-2013, 09:46 AM
She's EX. Why bother telling her? She has no need to know. Plus, it could back fire on you when you meet someone knew, she might share your secret before your ready for the new girl to know.

mary something
12-04-2013, 09:48 AM
why do you ask?

tylia
12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
I agree with Linda Woodworth......it's a really bad idea.

Danielle/Mo
12-04-2013, 10:09 AM
Told ex-wife about a year ago and showed her pictures. She was very accepting and supportive. However, you should use caution in deciding to do this. Your results could be the same, but they could also be the exact opposite or anything in between.

Linda Leigh
12-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Would you tell your ex gf, that you are a crossdresser? or if you did tell then what was her reaction?

I assume we have nothing to lose right.

And NOTHING to gain !!!

Beverley Sims
12-04-2013, 11:59 AM
Coming out to an ex, you have everything to lose, your ex is the one that gains, by humiliating you.

Just, think, about ,it! :)

Kyle
12-04-2013, 12:03 PM
You would know your GF better than any of us, but personally I would do it if I was friends with her and sometimes it's just nice to tell people to get it off your chest. If you think she won't tell anyone if it's important to you then go for it. And is it worth the risk?

lisagurl
12-04-2013, 12:08 PM
MY EX KNEW I LIKED TO WEAR HER PANTIES, SHE NEVER CARED oops caps sorry.....if i told her now all she would say is dont let our son know.....and truthfully i dont want him to know eithers...

Tracii G
12-04-2013, 12:15 PM
My second ex wife left on her own and knows she hurt me deeply by doing so.
No love lost between us and she knows I could care less if she gets eaten by a shark.We do speak on FB every now and then.
I don't hate her just hate that she walked out and still won't tell me why.I actually know why but would love for her to tell me herself.
I came out to her on FB maybe a year ago and she was fine with it.
Actually thought it was cool,fun and kind of kinky and interesting.

Kyle
12-04-2013, 12:15 PM
MY EX KNEW I LIKED TO WEAR HER PANTIES, SHE NEVER CARED oops caps sorry.....if i told her now all she would say is dont let our son know.....and truthfully i dont want him to know eithers...
When I was still trying to be a man, I never told her that I was born the wrong gender, but I think she knew. While on the bed one night, nude, she took off her thong and slipped it onto my thighs, maybe it was an experiment for her or something, but the inside of me was screaming at me to push her hands away but the urge to let her do it was too strong, by the reaction on my face she probably guessed I liked it more than she thought I would. So if I told her she'd be cool with it. She wouldn't care, really lol.

Sue Too
12-04-2013, 12:52 PM
I can't for the life of me see why you would do this. To me, you have nothing to gain and a lot to lose.

Susan in Phoenix

RADER
12-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Telling your X girl fiend; You might as well put a full page add in the newspaper.
Rader

Jenniferathome
12-04-2013, 06:59 PM
i always answer this kind of question with the same question: Why tell anyone (other than your spouse)? Are you telling for you or for them? There certainly can be no reason an ex-girl friend needs to know.

Deedee Skyblue
12-04-2013, 07:46 PM
My first girlfriend from high school, over 40 years ago, is one of my best friends. She's known for about 15 years, and is very accepting. Her daughter has a TG friend and I was able to give her some advice to pass along to her daughter. 'Take him shopping, he'll love you for it!'. The daughter did, and he did.

I am on good terms with all my ex-girlfriends; never had an acrimonious breakup, so I wouldn't be worried that one of them would out me for revenge, but I don't think any of the others need to know. Although if I were planning to make it public knowledge I'm sure they would be supportive.

Deedee

Stephanie Morgan
12-04-2013, 08:12 PM
I have to agree with a lot of others here on this one....she is an ex for a reason and if you are not ready to be completely out of the closet regarding everyone whom you know, then you have a lot to loose. That being said, only you know the relationship you have with your ex so only you know if it would be the right thing to do.

sara.s
12-04-2013, 10:03 PM
A few things. The first time I went out dressed was with her when I wasn't dating her. I told her it was just for fun. 6 months later i went to her house dressed, she freaked out as we were dating then. I told her it was for fun again but she didn't accept it.

We are still good friends, we talk every day and the reason for breakup was mutual and for other reasons (different priorities in life). she wouldn't out me ever! she knows I like to cross-dress but just know the extent of that.

since I speak to her every day, it just is easy to at least be honest now. that's why I am asking.

AmyGaleRT
12-04-2013, 10:25 PM
I did tell my ex-wife, with whom I'm on good terms. She was actually OK with it, much as my fiancee is. She also pointed out a couple of things she'd noticed about me in the past that indicated I might have a strong feminine side, and she passed along some links she'd found to some really pretty dresses. :)

Sometimes I wonder if things might have turned out differently for us if I'd been open with her about this part of me...

- Amy

MissTee
12-04-2013, 10:33 PM
If you chat every day, not sure how much of an "ex" that really is. Not sure why you feel compelled to share your Cd-ing unless you dress full time. Guess you have your reasons, but I'm not in the camp that I have to share my dressing with anyone. Thus, I simply wouldn't do it.

PretzelGirl
12-04-2013, 11:07 PM
I don't have a problem with telling a lot of people. But my ex doesn't get the time of day from me, so she isn't going to be in the "inner circle".

Melissa73
12-05-2013, 12:35 AM
ok i gotta say... dont unless u are ready to come out fully! as i came out a year ago to my wife, (who by chance came out as lesbian) now my ex wife. And lo and behold, even as i told her i wanst ready to tell people, she started talking at her job about me. and when i discovered this, told me i should just be loud and proud!

i was furious to say the least, and make matters worse, people from her job knew a few at mine, and started talking..... and wow.... forced me out in a big way

c.davies
12-05-2013, 03:31 AM
I am on excellent terms with my ex, we are good friends and she knows. She is happy for me and gives me tips as well.

Adriana Moretti
12-05-2013, 03:39 AM
I came out to my ex....her response??? " Well...that explains alot of things"

stephNE
12-05-2013, 04:14 PM
I would cut off an ex, and pass on no information. You never know how she may try to use this against you.

AmyGaleRT
12-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Melissa, I'm not too worried about my ex-wife...besides us being on good terms, she's in Europe. :)

- Amy

Melissa73
12-06-2013, 12:34 AM
I came out to my ex....her response??? " Well...that explains alot of things"

funny , my wife said this to me after i came out!

docrobbysherry
12-06-2013, 12:41 AM
Children, that is.

I wanted to tell my two older daughters. Because it was just a matter of time before my younger one, who still lives me, caught me!

So, my ex and I discussed the best way(s) to tell each of them. She was sworn to secrecy, as r my daughters. Telling anyone would just make my daughter's lives more difficult. So, they've all kept it to themselves for nearly a year now.:thumbsup: