PDA

View Full Version : What size for skirt?

Happy
12-04-2013, 09:05 AM
hi i am a cd from new zealand, and i was wanting to buy panties and micro skirt online to keep my cd a secret but the measurements are so confusing. my waistline is about 34' to 36' and my hip is about 40' to 42'.

i dont know what size should i get, do i get size 16?? and since it's a micro skirt, should i just ignore the hip size??

for some reason the waist measurement is around your belly button?? i thought it was where u wear your belt... please help :(

samanthasolo
12-04-2013, 09:49 AM
It is hard to say because different brands run different in size. A 16 might work for you or may be too big. You also have to consider that 34-36 is somewhat of an estimate size and also men's sizing. I know for myself I am a 32 waist in men's sizes. I can get into skirts in the 8 to 12 size range, 8 will only work in Woman's sizes, not misses! If I am looking in juniors I would always start in an 11 and go from there! I hope that gives you a bit of an idea to start with.

Janet Bern
12-04-2013, 09:54 AM
I suggest you go to a Dress Barn and ask to try on a skirt.. They wont care ... I have been to many of them and the Ss are grett

Janet Bern
12-04-2013, 10:22 AM
Sorry Happy. I didnt realize you are in New Zealand. Not sure what advice I can give you from the US.
But, for any one else with this issue. I suggest you stop into a Dress Barn when they aren't busy (10 AM or 6PM)
after the holidays and just look at the skirts and when the SA asks, tell her its for you and you are trying to fine a certain type
of skit and let her take it from there. They are good and will let you try it on too.

NicoleScott
12-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Most online sellers of clothing have a size chart. Look for it, and if your online seller doesn't have one, find one from another online site. I have some skirts with elastic waistbands - they are very forgiving and don't have to be exactly your perfect size.

Happy
12-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Thank you for the info. i found that you size 8 is referring to US size charts, it's a little bit different from NZ size charts, but i hav made d conversions and you're right. i am looking at a micro mini gathered skirt, like one of those sexy schoolgirl ones, so there is a lot of leeway on the hips, i believe. so does the hip measurement even matter?

Zylia
12-04-2013, 10:46 AM
It matters if you're a woman with relatively wide hips, the kinds men usually don't have anyway, at least not without 'help'.

Krystenw
12-04-2013, 10:59 AM
A trick I use when shopping is to wrap a cord around my waist and tie the knot so it is a bit snug. Then then slip it off and just stick your fingers in the loop and then stretch it out in the waistband of the skirt. I am a pretty good size girl and can wear anywhere from a 16 to a 24, it just depends on the maker. You can do the same for a dress or blouse. Just measure yourself with your bra on and then just stretch the loop across the front of the dress under the arm area. I did this a lot before I was brave enough to try things on at the store and it worked pretty well.

Beverley Sims
12-04-2013, 12:26 PM
In your part of the world Fourteen to sixteen should be close.
Try and find a straight skirt if you have narrow hips.
Skirts with shirred waists and flared out seem to be the summer fashion.
These are quite flexible in size.

Lorileah
12-04-2013, 01:02 PM
there are stickies in the clothing section you can get that information after yuo get 10 posts