PDA

View Full Version : just asking

10redtoes
12-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Not sure if this is the correct forum, but does anyone know if cross dressing is grounds for divorce, and if so what are the ramifications of this issue? Someone may have posted this in the past so I apologize in advance if this is the case. My wife buys me things, then threatens me in this manner.

Gillian Gigs
12-04-2013, 04:50 PM
Sounds like a little control and manipulation going on...be very careful.

Karren H
12-04-2013, 04:54 PM
Everything and anything is grounds for a divorce.....

Kyle
12-04-2013, 04:55 PM
If you think she's serious, I'd contact a lawyer. Other then that, google the laws for your state. That's what I would do.

Annaliese
12-04-2013, 05:33 PM
It what they add on to the cross dressing, try to make you out as a pervert, sexual deviant, it all depends on how good her lawyer is. Keep every journal of everything that go one so it the day come your are ready. Make sure she does not see it.

robindee36
12-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Not a clue. Suppose that is a benefit to living in my closet. However, unless she is supportive of your dressing, I can not envisage a good outcome.

The closet is cozy, the closet is nice. If you want to get in, then you need to knock twice ;)

Hugs, Robin

Rachelakld
12-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Gee, I got divorced because I no longer wanted to live with someone who had more of a relationship with the cats. The CD might have affected custody of my daughter had it been mentioned.

Patsy Ann
12-04-2013, 05:53 PM
As Karren said anyrhing and everything is grounds for divorce keeping journal is an excellent idea. If its not documentedit was it wasnt done. Good luck to you and I hope your situation works out for the best.

Pandys
12-04-2013, 06:18 PM
In NH you don't need grounds - no alimony

JamieQ
12-04-2013, 06:45 PM
In KY no grounds for divorce either. If one spouse wants a divorce and the other does not...it does not matter. It will proceed. Just check the state where you live. It sounds like there are other bigger issues.

NicoleScott
12-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Early in our marriage, my wife threatened divorce just about any time things didn't go her way. (But never CDing-related). She stopped doing that when I dropped a phone book in her lap and said "Call a lawyer, let's do it." However, calling her bluff may not work all the time for everybody.

CDing isn't very good grounds for divorce, but neglecting the marriage, sneaking, spending, lying, etc. may be, especially all added together.

Brenda456
12-04-2013, 08:18 PM
In most states one does not need to have grounds for a divorce. On the other hand it may be an excuse for getting a divorce.

Jacqui Summers
12-04-2013, 08:23 PM
Just echoing other good responses, but it's not a legal issue, except in pushing for more in the divorce agreement. Still, if she's buying you clothes and supporting you in that way it will be difficult to argue that it is a reason she should get more in the settlement. I can't see that holding up. Rather than a lawyer, counseling might be helpful so you can discuss how you feel about these threats.

Desirae
12-04-2013, 08:34 PM
I think it would just be covered, along with many other things, under the "umbrella" term of irreconcilable differences.

Cynthia Anne
12-04-2013, 08:43 PM
Take it from Karren! The only way to be safe from divorce is to NOT get married!

kimdl93
12-04-2013, 10:01 PM
Snoring can be grounds for divorce. It's not a legal matter, per se, but certainly could fall into the great catch-all category of irreconcilable differences.

alwayshave
12-04-2013, 10:12 PM
10redtoes, you do not state what state or country you are in. However, most states at this point, have no fault divorce. Meaning the divorce is for irreconcilable difference. Your CDing may affect custody if you are in a particularly conservative jurisdiction, but nothing else.

RADER
12-05-2013, 04:23 PM
If she keeps on threatening you with a divorce after she gets stuff for you; Then say, Go Ahead.
Sometimes calling ones bluff, is the only way to stop the harassment.
Rader

DonnaT
12-05-2013, 04:34 PM
About 8 yrs ago, my wife did similar. I grew tired of it and basically called her on it, tactfully. She was flabbergasted, and hasn't mentioned the D word since.

Beverley Sims
12-06-2013, 05:58 AM
I would say Karen Hutton has the all embracing and correct answer here.

Unlike me she is succinct. :)

linda allen
12-06-2013, 07:28 AM
If one partner in a marriage wants to end the marriage, what is the point in trying to continue it? She or he will only make life miserable for the other party. If she wants a divorce, let her have it and move on. If she's not serious, she shouldn't be talking about it. Ask her.