PDA

View Full Version : Being Comfortable In My Own Skin

brassieres
12-04-2013, 10:46 PM
I've been a member here more or less for 4 years now. I think that I am finally starting to accept the fact that I am indeed a crossdresser and that is ok. I did confess to about a 1/2 dozen close friends a couple of weeks ago stating that I needed help. They were very supportive, but my thoughts now is that I do not want to change and enjoy the fact of Crossdressing. I purged too, but now feel like I am regretting it.

I am feeling more and more comfortable with the idea of checking out crossdressing/transgender places and meeting other crossdressers as well. There are places and businesses in my area that I can check out too.

Anyway, I just thought that I would share this. My mind is blurred and I believe that acceptance as opposed to denial is a very good thing!:)

Rachael Leigh
12-04-2013, 10:50 PM
Accepting this about ourselves is very difficult and I understand it exactly as many here do. I still can't figure it out some days. I go shopping and next thing you know I'm leaving a drug store with 20 dollars worth of makeup. What ? Anyway hope you find this group helpful.

brassieres
12-04-2013, 10:51 PM
Hi Leigh, I do, thanks!

kimdl93
12-04-2013, 11:02 PM
Self acceptance can be a long and difficult process. You went to your friends, which is good, but did so seeking help, presumably because you felt that CDing was an affliction...some illness to be cured. You may still harbor ingrained beliefs or fears reflecting that feeling. But, as my therapist said, when i finally admitted I was a cross dresser, 'it's not a crime, you know.' It took a while but with her help and a lot of effort on my part, I've shed those mistaken beliefs and come to love the person I am. My hope is that you can do the same.

NathalieX66
12-04-2013, 11:10 PM
Happens to us all.

The problem is that gender is a social construct.

I'll be honest with you: I don't feel whole unless I had a pedicure of my favorite color done at a nail salon. ..........don't know why, just is.

weyburn
12-04-2013, 11:23 PM
HELLO

I am becoming more and more comfortable with it and have started feminizing more.If I was younger I would consider trans gendering

Desirae
12-04-2013, 11:30 PM
HELLO

I am becoming more and more comfortable with it and have started feminizing more.If I was younger I would consider trans gendering

They say that when a noun becomes a verb, like "Googling", it has become mainstream! :thumbup: :D

Lynn Marie
12-05-2013, 04:55 AM
Golly, it's only crossdressing. It's not like you're robbing banks or murdering people! We're not even gay or perverts. We're just harmless guys who like to dress up pretty. What's the big deal? As I see it, we're actually contributing to the society by dressing with style and class! Acceptance isn't my problem, it's society's problem.

Kate Simmons
12-05-2013, 08:04 AM
Like Lynn Marie, I just look at the fact that by dressing I (hopefully) am helping to make the world a prettier place.:battingeyelashes::)

Beverley Sims
12-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Once I accepted myself, I felt I had graduated.

Lillyasia
12-08-2013, 06:36 PM
Like Lynn Marie, I just look at the fact that by dressing I (hopefully) am helping to make the world a prettier place.:battingeyelashes::)

And we're helping the economy. Just think how much we would spend if only spent on men's clothing.

JamieTG
12-09-2013, 12:39 AM
I started Xdressing at age 5 and for much of my life, fought it and felt guilty about it. It wasn't until my mid forties that I started to accept myself instead of beating myself up about it. Once I accepted myself, I enjoyed it a lot more and most of the guilt went away.

Amanda_Robinson
12-09-2013, 12:51 AM
... It wasn't until my mid forties that I started to accept myself instead of beating myself up about it. Once I accepted myself, I enjoyed it a lot more and most of the guilt went away.

Pretty much the same for me as well.