PDA

View Full Version : Some happy Facebook moments.

I Am Paula
12-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I launched my Paula Facebook page last week. Most of my friends already knew all about me, but there were still lots to whom this was news.
There have been a bunch of less than positive TS posts lately, so just to lighten it up a bit, I've pasted a few FB replies here.

This is a shock to me I have to say
BUT I am so happy that you are finally happy
You have always been a good friend to me so our friendship will stay the same
I know this is huge step for you and it wasnt easy
I support you 100%

Thanks for sharing this Paula and being so open about your journey. I really am happy for you that you are content for the first time in your life.

I am so happy for you! xxx and I were talking about you last night; all good of course; and I just want you to know that I am honoured to be included in your circle of supportive friends. I can barely imagine the sense of freedom you must be feeling these days!
All the best, we are here to support you and celebrate with you on your journey.

Paula, I count you among my friends regardless of what journey you may have chosen for your life. You still have my respect and support, just as before. I'm happy that you've found the strength to be true to yourself.

Very glad that you are living your life as you wish. That's what matters. Cheers.

I am still your friend and you are still mine. Guelph is kinda far but I'd still love to get together some time. It might wait til the spring, but I look forward to when we get chance to share a drink or a meal or a tune.
And thank you for sharing this very personal information with me, and thank you for including me in the circle of friends you wish to keep.

Hello Paula. I hope this is not someone's idea of a joke and that your account has not been hacked. Know that we're with you in what must have been very challenging moments in your life. We're excited for you and look forward to re-acquainting our selves with you.

No need for an explanation my friend - doesn't change how I perceive you as a wonderful person!!!

These are just a few of the hundreds that came in. I've saved the best for last.
My Ex!

I am truly glad you are where you are. I have thought of you often over the years, and have always hoped that you were happy. I am also glad you have the unconditional love and support from those you love and those that love you.
While I don't pretend to be privy to your life in recent years, I hope you can still think of me as a friend, albeit a friend from years gone by. Take this as you will, or chose not to, and no offence will be taken.
I do wish nothing but the best for you and xxx, and that your journey is made easier knowing there are those who love you for who you are.

This is just a feel good post. There are wonderful people out there.

AndreaCD1963
12-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Where's the "LIKE" button??? Oh yeah, that's on the other social media site! LOL

Leah Lynn
12-06-2013, 04:21 PM
Wow! Paula, that must have you walking on air! Real friends that stay with you are all one could ask of life. I am truly happy for you.

Hugs,

Leah

Lilo
12-06-2013, 06:46 PM
Awesome! Congrats on the outpour of support!!. I do have a question about this for others that may have 'come out' in facebook. I noticed that it is possible to either start a new account with your new status OR you can also change both your name and gender of an existing (presumably male) account. I was wondering what you did and why? I can see how the second can create a lot of puzzled faces BUT it allows you to avoid having to re-friend everyone else and do one on one explanations with everyone. I am inclined to just change name and gender but seem to have observed most people open new accounts.

kimdl93
12-06-2013, 07:29 PM
Wow, especially the ex! Wow!

I Am Paula
12-06-2013, 07:37 PM
I chose to start a new acct. I could pick and choose those I wanted to invite, from the 750 friends I had accumulated, some of whom I didn't know from Adam, of had forgotten. Also, I wrote a coming out letter which I PM'ed to each friend request. I don't think there's a preffered method, this one worked for me.

Jorja
12-06-2013, 07:48 PM
I am so glad to see such a positive response. Back in my day most just told me to go the he!! and die. This will make your journey so much easier. Do be aware that some might turn their backs with time. It happens even when we do not change genders. So just enjoy it for now.

dreamer_2.0
12-06-2013, 08:08 PM
It's really nice seeing posts like these. Thank you for sharing. :)

Rianna Humble
12-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Hi Paula, thanks for sharing that. It is nice to read some good news from time to time.

Lilo, I chose to start a new account for similar reasons to Paula, but that is not without risk. One former member of these forums had her new account suspended until she could prove it was her legal identity.