PDA

View Full Version : Wife gave me a "challenge"

Flowergirl
12-05-2013, 10:19 PM
So last night, I got all dressed up, hoping to go to the movies with my wife. She wasn't feeling well, and didn't seem like she was up for it, so rather than getting mad, I just decided to run to the post office. It's not the movies, but it was at least out of the house. On my way out of the door, I jokingly asked if she needed anything while I was out, she said that we needed milk for breakfast. I said is that a challenge? She just smiled. I was highly overdressed for the grocery store...knee high boots, black leather mini skirt, and sequined top, but decided to go see if I could muster up the courage. My first attempt, I decided to go to the post office first, only to realize that in the excitement of my challenge, I had left the mail on the counter. Since I was out, I figured I would see how busy the store was. Way too busy for me to attempt, so I decided to return home and wait a few hours. So 9:30 comes around, and I decided to go for it. Went to the post office, and remembered how hard it was to walk in the boots I was wearing, but decided to proceed to the grocery store. When I got to the grocery store, it was fairly empty, so I decided to go for it. As I was walking in to the store, I was thinking "what are you doing?", but kept going. I know it has to do with marketing, but why do they have to put the milk at the far corner of the store? By the time I got to the milk, my legs were burning from walking in my boots, but it was too late to turn around now. When I finally got to the checkout area, I was relieved to see that there was a self checkout lane open, only to panic when i discovered that it wouldn't let me ring up my item without the store loyalty card. So I proceeded to the next open lane, only to find that the clerk was having trouble ringing up the lady's cucumbers. It seemed like forever standing there in front of the customer, the cashier and the cashier's manager, but it was probably only a minute. But nobody was rude, and I didn't even hear a snicker. So finally, I got home and as I was putting the milk in the fridge, my wife says "So you really went into the grocery store?" And I said, "Challenge Accomplished!"
This morning, out of the clear blue, she tells me "I still can't believe you went out!"

Kelly DeWinter
12-05-2013, 10:21 PM
If there is ever a bet a spouse will loose, it's to challenge a crossdresser to go anywhere dressed, it's like throwing away money. LOL

AmyGaleRT
12-05-2013, 10:25 PM
That's the first place I went when I actually got out of the car, Flowergirl...to a grocery store. I've been to a number of them since, including one time when I got there a little late and one of the clerks looked up and said, "Ma'am, we're closed." :)

- Amy

mikiSJ
12-05-2013, 10:29 PM
About 20 years ago I was standing in line at the local supermarket when a maid (the kind you see in kinky movies) walks up behind me. I think it was a similar 'challenge' as I could see the blushing under the very overly applied makeup. I simply said hello, slight smile and no smirk.

So, flowergirl, I am glad you took up the challenge.

Alice Torn
12-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Wow. That went well, but,i would have bee anzious, too. Good thing i was not dressed up, at Walmart tonight! The computer system there suddenly had glitches, and the lights went out for a while. I was stranded at the cashier for at least 15 mintutes, then had to cancel my transaction, wait in line again, and try again, which took about 7 minutes. All the time, holding up a long line. Tempers were getting raw. If i had been prettied up, it would have been a real scene!

CarlaWestin
12-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Oh, I've been thinking about a personal grocery shopping in the sexy maid's outfit challenge. Again!

Jaylyn
12-05-2013, 10:35 PM
I would have been a nervous wreck... I would have probably just went out and milked a wild cow at the barn rather than go out.... Lol I am proud of you though for staying and getting the milk and finishing the task. Good job.

Candice Mae
12-05-2013, 10:39 PM
I will give you props for having the courage, but I think you were over dressed for the movies to being with. But that's just me.

JenniferYager
12-05-2013, 10:42 PM
http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/ChallengeAcceptedBlackTextSS.png

Kelly DeWinter
12-05-2013, 10:46 PM
I did the sexy maid to a Highs for a Halloween Party. Jeannie and I were going to a local TG/CD party when we realized we did not bring a snack, she was dressed as the Queen of hearts and did not want to go inside, so shee looked at me and said "Fifi, be a good servant and fetch the Queen some chips and dip" I laughed so hard. It was also the first time I ever drove in Stilletos (Not reccomended)

AmyGaleRT
12-06-2013, 12:46 AM
:heehee: Actually, I've done that for my fiancee in both modes. As Amy, it's easier on me; in fact, it can be an effective boost to one's image. :)

- Amy

Tracii G
12-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Awesome outing sounds like!!

emma-louise
12-06-2013, 04:37 AM
sounds scary but fun x

Beverley Sims
12-06-2013, 05:09 AM
Yes definitely overdressed, but a good experience.
Now to do it again, it will be easier, I assure you.

Candice,
Every sentence is a paragraph for me. :)

Some spacing does help in the readability stakes Flowergirl.

Maria in heels
12-06-2013, 06:06 AM
You did great Flowergirl!

linda allen
12-06-2013, 07:40 AM
If you were overdressed for the grocery store, why didn't you just change into something more appropriate? That's what most women would have done.

I think you were overdressed for the movie theater as well. Do people really get dressed up to go to a dark movie theater?

vallerie lacy
12-06-2013, 10:54 AM
I applaud you for going to the store overdressed. The sign of a real CD.

CarlaWestin
12-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Hmm? Is there a challenge thread lurking about? So far I've been writing all of these down. I just need someone to call me Fifi! Nothing like a little adventure to get the heart rate elevated. And there's nothing wrong with that!

Has anyone ever gone bra shopping while beautiful?

5150 Girl
12-06-2013, 01:38 PM
Now that you've ventured out for the first time, it will get easier and easier every time you do it!

Dana M
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Good for you Flowergirl.

carhill2mn
12-06-2013, 01:49 PM
One of the great things about going to a grocery store is that people stop there before going out somewhere or after having been out to some place. Thus, they are dressed in all sorts of ways. My exeperience has been that almost no one pays any attention to you as they all have things that they are looking for. Believe me when I say that it will get easier each time.

Sissy_Michelle
12-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Awesome Flowwrgirl! Not bragging but I probably would have gone when it was busier so I wouldn't get noticed as much. Thinking that if there are less folks there that would give the people there more time to spend looking at me. Rather than the rush of get my stuff and get out.

I will have to try it...

linda allen
12-06-2013, 02:06 PM
So exactly what is a "real CD"?

Chickhe
12-06-2013, 03:21 PM
The grocery store is one of those places that has very good lighting and very slippery floors. For that reason, it can be a pretty scary place if you are not comfortable. It is a great accomplishment to do that....it is a real test of whether you can actually go beyond fantasy and experience what real life would be like as a woman.

Kelly DeWinter
12-06-2013, 04:58 PM
So exactly what is a "real CD"?

Real CD's

Marcelle
12-06-2013, 07:30 PM
Well done Flowergirl.

Hugs

Isha

julia marie
12-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Congrats on getting out, you beat the challenge. A couple of people in the thread noted that the supermarket is actually a great place to go if you think you are overdressed. Lots of people on their way to or from formal events stop at the market for any number of purchases.

MsMandy
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Nice job! That was, for lack of a better word, ballsy.

Flowergirl
12-06-2013, 09:50 PM
I have wanted to test that theory...less noticeable in a crowded place, but frankly I'm too big of a chicken.

As for being overdressed for a movie, I would have swapped the skirt for a pair of skinny jeans so as not to draw attention with my wife around, but I figured if it's just me going out, I might as well dress how I like!

Michellegryl
12-06-2013, 11:38 PM
Very well done Flowergirl. While I agree it sounds like you were over dressed, I have seen more outrageous things in the grocery stores.

You said that your wife was surprised that you actually went out, was this your first solo outing?

AmyGaleRT
12-07-2013, 03:08 AM
One of the great things about going to a grocery store is that people stop there before going out somewhere or after having been out to some place. Thus, they are dressed in all sorts of ways. My exeperience has been that almost no one pays any attention to you as they all have things that they are looking for.

This is true, Carole! I once stopped off at a grocery store on my way home from the Black Crown, at the request of my fiancee. Absolutely no one said a word. (I even had to use the ladies' room while I was there!) In fact, I had been to that same grocery store earlier that day, in guy mode...

- Amy

5150 Girl
12-07-2013, 11:28 AM
Real CD's

I'm seaching for the "Like" button!

Flowergirl
12-07-2013, 07:11 PM
Very well done Flowergirl. While I agree it sounds like you were over dressed, I have seen more outrageous things in the grocery stores.

You said that your wife was surprised that you actually went out, was this your first solo outing?

It was my first time in a store by myself other than at Halloween. I go to the post office at night by myself often, and I also will return movies to redbox, but there is rarely anyone around. I have been out to the movies a couple of times with my wife, but we are both afraid of running into someone we know and being recognized. People probably wouldn't recognize me by myself...not that I am that passable, I am sure I'm a dead giveaway, but my wife and I are always seen together, and that is how people usually recognize us. Unfortunately for me, I live in a small conservative town, and to make things worse, we own our own retail business, so a lot of people know us that we wouldn't even recognize.

LaraPeterson
12-07-2013, 10:03 PM
How in the world does a crossdresser get overdressed? I think the boots were just the right touch with the mini! Not only are you brave Flowergirl, your daring. I remember the first time I traveled abroad in full female regalia. Going through an airport with all the security checks and x-rays was pretty scary, but I'm glad I didn't go for the overly-mature-conservative look. That would have been so boring.

I've been called a cheap **** a couple of times. My response, I'm not cheap!

Nichole_31
01-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Congrats on your accomplishment. I went out sort of in femme one Halloween night. I decided to go as a Hooters girl. I bought a complete set and convinced my friend to go as well. I wore nothing but pantyhose under the little orange shorts. The girls thought it was awesome. My friend didn't have any hose so I gave him my extra pair. He ended up loving the feeling of the hose. It was an amazing night.

Gigi9
01-02-2014, 12:48 PM
Nice, sounds like fun

Lexi Moralas
01-02-2014, 02:20 PM
Come to think of it my very first outing was to a super stop and shop.
It was 2 in the morning so I only encountered a couple of stockers at I distance and the check out girl. I bought a lipstick she complemented me on the color. It turned out well but I was terrified ! Plus I was far from home. I never could have done it at my home town market during regular hours! Kudos girl !

SilkeeLegs
01-02-2014, 02:27 PM
I remember my very first time out...I was an absolute nervous wreck! But something happenned right after that......it got easier and esier to go out dressed and now its almost a non issue. I go out dressed at least twice a week now and it never ever gets old. I love it and never plan to stop

HelenR2
01-06-2014, 12:48 PM
The worst part of going outside for the first time can be in the anticipation, the fear that you expect to feel. The moment I closed the front door behind me and stepped out into the evening air for my first time I was amazed at just how normal and non-scary it was. I had intended to just walk up and down my quiet street then quickly go home again but I ended up spending about 40 minutes on busy-ish streets where there was always quite a few people and, of course, lots of cars going by. It felt good but also so very natural.

Jordan
01-06-2014, 02:22 PM
Way to go flower one small step like that will lead to really big ones later

Sam-antha
01-06-2014, 03:18 PM
Looking back - Did you really not enjoy being in that queue. Was there anyone behind you ?
~S~

RADER
01-06-2014, 07:50 PM
About 4 years ago, I received some DD forms in the mail. Upon my wife seeing them
started laughing, saying I wanted to look like Dolly Pardon.
I said no, I just wanted a larger look.
So she dared me; Find a huge set of forms, (I did, a size 24)) and wear them for 14 days
with out taking them off except to shower.
OK!!! this was one bet i could not walk away from. I had to order a size "M: bra, very hard
to find, and I put it on. WOW!!! I almost fell over. I was gratefully that it was the tale end of winter,
Early March, so I could wear large heave shirts over this huge bra.
Well I did the bet and won; I could keep the bra and form, and got to chose where we where going
on Vacation.
Rader

Kelly DeWinter
01-06-2014, 08:28 PM
Size M bra ?!?!?! What do they make it from Canvas Sail cloth from a tall ship ? I'm surprised you did't affect the tilt of the earths axis.

Daphne Renee
01-06-2014, 09:00 PM
That is great. Glad you could do it. want to feel better about yourself go to wal-mart. You would likely be the best dressed person there. :)

Violet-13
01-06-2014, 09:03 PM
You go girl