PDA

View Full Version : Gender Identity

Valarie
12-06-2013, 10:09 AM
So I have been curious, (no pun intended) about others gender Identity. After really spending some time with my therapist discussing this I identify as gender-queer, or Bi-gender. What about you lovely ladies? :heehee:

brassieres
12-06-2013, 10:43 AM
While I say that I have gender identity questions, my therapist says that I have identified myself as being male who likes to wear womens clothing.

Kate Simmons
12-06-2013, 11:53 AM
Not "gender anything" really. I gave all that up for just doing it. :)

Lacyfem
12-06-2013, 11:56 AM
Ahhhh! Another label for us. Who cares as I'm a guy who likes to dress fem whenever I can and when I do love to entertain men. You can label that and then what difference does it make.

kimdl93
12-06-2013, 12:02 PM
take your pic, there seems to be an ever proliferating array of terms - some emerging from professionals and others from the general vernacular.

In my case, I'm perfectly happy with the term transgendered, without trying to put too fine a point on it. Five years ago, I would have insisted that I was simply a cross dresser. The words and implications haven't changed as much as my perception of self and what I'm willing to accept about my gender identity.

Rachelakld
12-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Me - 110% male, 40% female.

Just realized why I work 1 & 1/2 times harder than anyone else

mary something
12-06-2013, 02:58 PM
Me - 110% male, 40% female.

Just realized why I work 1 & 1/2 times harder than anyone else

I think you kiwis do math a little differently :)

Beverley Sims
12-06-2013, 03:04 PM
Valarie,
You have just given me another reason not to consult a therapist.

Brandy 4476
12-06-2013, 03:20 PM
I never sought therapy but i know im a man just like the way i look in womens clothes .

hazelm
12-06-2013, 06:26 PM
Hmm. When I'm dressed I definitely feel more girly, but who I am doesn't change.
I still like the same things whether I'm dressed or not, and they are a mixed bag of stuff from both sides.

Marcelle
12-06-2013, 07:05 PM
I have spent considerable time with my therapist discussing this "identity" thing. She is not apt to apply labels even though we both agree I am TG/CD. My identity is simply "me" whether it is femme clothes or boy clothes.

Hugs

Isha

sometimes_miss
12-06-2013, 08:00 PM
Gender identity. What a 20th century concept. Consider; are you straight, or are you bi, or are you gay? What if you're gay but used to be straight? Or if you're straight but used to be bi? Gender is a bell curve, with enough variations that there's no way to define them. I define myself like I define my drink. Straight up, with a twist.

JessMe
12-06-2013, 08:20 PM
In the last couple of years, I have come to more or less accept the "tg" mantle. I didn't like it before, because the perception of the term is generally considered negative, at least in the bible belt where I live. I am a man for 99.99% of my life, and a manly man at that. Lol ...However, the rest of me is a woman, and a womanly one. ...I don't dress for entertainment value, I don't wear anything outlandish or have outlandish makeup (except for the being a guy part.) I dress to be a girl. I'm just as happy in my women's jeans and t-shirt as I am in my dress because I feel comfortable in them on a spiritual and emotional level. ...if I had a choice, would I have been a female? ...probably. But I have no plans to transition. It's all a very gray area to me.

rachael.davis
12-06-2013, 09:31 PM
I identified as Trans-something or another for years. My therapist made a comment that "it would take a lot to make me think you aren't transgendered" a couple of weeks ago

JessMe
12-07-2013, 03:08 PM
It is difficult sometimes to decide... lol ...I won't say I don't "peek" into the other parts of the forum from time to time. ...if the social mores (how do you do that "AC-sannnt" symbol? Lol) weren't there .....but at the end of the day, I usually just consider the fallout... and realize that I don't/won't/couldn't "pass" and just deal with it by being me sometimes.

ossian
12-07-2013, 11:26 PM
My life would have been easier if I identified wholely as male. I'm somewhere in between. Embracing both side as confusing as that might seem.

Dora
12-07-2013, 11:43 PM
Right now I am in the process of figuring that all out and I feel once I have a male to female transformation when i go to Denver I will have a better idea, what I can say is in person I have variations of both male and female characteristics, overall I am learning to be myself, I have sometimes encountered friends who know that I have a fem side and then they will try to change me but I tell them that I am only being myself, also overall I am looking forward to learning more about crossdressing from heel to toe but also my male side I love playing video games, cars, women, overall I balance both sides out which really helps and I am more comfortable in my own skin then what I used to be in the past.