PDA

View Full Version : In Stitches

sweetshauna
12-06-2013, 12:20 PM
Late evening Thanksgiving day (11:30 p.m.) I'm going to the E.R.
My dog was appearing to have a tooth problem. I guess I hit a bad spot, he bit me.
He released as soon as he realized what he had done. But the damage was already done.
18 stitches to the face. Depressed, and not feeling very fem. And worried about how bad the scarring was going to be. It was to work, and home. Just over 5 days this went on. Yesterday the stitches came out, and to my surprise my wife presents me with a new skirt she bought me to celebrate. So first thing this morning we went to get a top to wear with it.
In turn I bought her a new skirt, and jammies. And a box of candy to say "I Love You."

mikiSJ
12-06-2013, 12:27 PM
So, are you going to give the dog some treats (after the vet dentist visit) to celebrate the new skirt top, or to simply say to your dog, 'sorry I put my face into your mouth!"

I hope your face heals without too much scarring from the laceration/stitches!!!!

MichelleinEugene
12-06-2013, 01:00 PM
Hope everything goes well and you heal pretty. Hugs

Beverley Sims
12-06-2013, 03:30 PM
Shauna,
Sorry to hear about and your dog, I hope it all turns out ok for you.

Dana M
12-06-2013, 03:37 PM
Hope you are Healing well.

Persephone
12-06-2013, 11:50 PM
Maybe a suggestion that is too late to help you inthis instance, but maybe useful to others. They hate when you do it, and it can cause considerable delay, but you can request (at your expense probably) that they call in a plastic surgeon to do the stitching. If you have a plastic surgeon already they can call yours.

Hope you are all better soon! Maybe try one of the anti-scar products available in the first-aid secton of your pharmacy or visit a plastic surgeon for scar treatment.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Cynthia Anne
12-07-2013, 03:19 AM
OUCH already! Glad to hear you are alright! Thinking to thank your wife is oh so grand!

Maria in heels
12-07-2013, 07:06 AM
Shauna....hope that you feel better and there is no scar left from your unfortunate encounter

Marcelle
12-07-2013, 07:49 AM
Hi Shauna,

I am so sorry to hear about your incident. I know it is of little comfort at this time, but it could have been a lot worse if your dog had got to your throat as this happened to a friend of mine and he bled out before they could get him to the hospital. I hope you heal well. BTW, you have a great wife there.

Hugs.

Isha