PDA

View Full Version : Last Gender Surgery for a friend.

Kelly DeWinter
12-06-2013, 07:26 PM
Posted with permission.

A close friend of mine is Transsexual (FtoM) and starting Monday will start the completion of his Gender surgery with bottom surgery.It's been a long road for him to this point. His biggest obstacle has been financial. Over the last couple of years I have helped with fundraisers to assist in overcoming his financial needs. I wanted to remark on this because he made the decision and organized people around him to accomplish his goals. I just want to encourage those here to not loose hope for your dreams and goals and to pursue them with vigor.

Jorja
12-06-2013, 07:52 PM
Kelly, please tell you friend I wish him all the luck in the world and will send up a prayer for him.

Marcia Blue
12-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Kelly you are a great friend, with a special insight to your friends issues. I hope all goes well.

mikiSJ
12-06-2013, 09:18 PM
I wish your friend success in his surgery and happiness along his path.

Kathryn Martin
12-06-2013, 09:42 PM
Awesome, I have several friends who have done similar things, and we have organized fundraisers and help before funding was passed and is now covered. We need to help especially the young ones.

docrobbysherry
12-06-2013, 09:50 PM
I hope you'll keep us posted on how it all comes out for him, Kelly?

Kelly DeWinter
12-10-2013, 10:41 PM
thanks everyone for your support :)

Kandy Barr
12-10-2013, 10:59 PM
You are very special Kelly, my best wishes for your friend!

FurPus63
12-10-2013, 11:38 PM
That is awesome! I too am hoping to do some fundraising for my SRS early next spring. Could use some ideas if you wouldn't mind sharing. Tell your friend he is an inspiration to us all!

Paulette

Kelly DeWinter
12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Paulette;

We have used crowdfunding, silent auctions, raffles, Web donations. I've done art projects that have been auctioned off. It really depends of what you are willing to do. The best way is to have a growing group of supporters. Facebook and twitter are also great ways of raising funds. I don't know what your situation is, but my friend went the extra mile and sold everything other then what was needed for a spartan living. On top of that within the community, he was know for being very community supportive and very generous with his time and resources. If you have the will, you can defiantly find a way. Keep me posted on how thing are going, and I'll help as I'm able.