PDA

View Full Version : Outed to judge

Jessica giovanna
12-06-2013, 10:34 PM
My recently ex'd wife just outed me to the judge in our case.....ever happen to any of you ladies? He was not amused at her and told her to grow up....kinda funny :o

Amy Lynn3
12-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Many cd's on this site have stated crossdressing is a non issue when it come to courts and judges. No law against it, so if one is outed in court it is not considered a legal matter. Sounds like you had a smart judge.

Cynthia Anne
12-07-2013, 03:32 AM
I just love it when something like that backfires!

natalie edwards
12-07-2013, 05:56 AM
Come on! The guy's wearing a long flowing black satin robe...who's side do think he'd be on? LOL!

Maria in heels
12-07-2013, 07:01 AM
great news! Now, at least your ex looks silly and she's the one who has the problems. This clearly shows the Judge that you aren't the one hopefully

Marcelle
12-07-2013, 07:52 AM
It never ceases to amaze me how people think that outing a CDer to the legal system will somehow curry them favorable judgements. It shows a real ignorance on the part of the person to this thing we do. I am sure some will side but for the most part it always backfires as we are not breaking the law.

Glad to hear it went well for you Jessica.

Hugs

Isha

hazelm
12-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Good to know someone, especially judges are fair minded.

kimdl93
12-07-2013, 07:57 AM
Actually, something similar happened to me. My ex, who had been reasonably accepting throughout our marriage, used the divorce as an opportunity to out me to her lawyer, my lawyer...both told her it was not germane....then proceeded to out me to my soon to be former employer, family members including my sons, and a number of mutual acquaintances. She came out of the deal looking mean spirited and vindictive.

It had no bearing on the settlement. I don't recall any adverse consequences, beyond initial embarrassment. As a friend said, 'A life well lived is the best revenge.'

Sabrina133
12-07-2013, 08:11 AM
My recently ex'd wife just outed me to the judge in our case.....ever happen to any of you ladies? He was not amused at her and told her to grow up....kinda funny :o

As a practicing attorney who recently went full time, in the legal system, it doesn't matter - especially in no fault divorce states. Glad the jusge put her in her place. Bet that deflated her a bit.

alice clair
12-07-2013, 08:28 AM
My ex wife outed me to my daughter and step daughter with a few pics I forgot to take when we split up, but they knew anyway because she did not wear panties and they did the laundry and there was always panties in the wash that were not their size, they never said a word to me about it.

mikiSJ
12-07-2013, 09:35 AM
Although I don't think this would happen to me if my marriage ends up in divorce, but wouldn't it be delicious to show up en femme if your wife threatens to out you to the judge or anyone else.

linda allen
12-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Most judges don't have a sense of humor when it comes to their courtrooms. Showing up in court "in drag" is not going to help your case. A late friend of mine was once forced by a judge to buy a suit and he was only on the jury.

nhlighthouse
12-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Just what do you think the judges are wearing under their Robes? They could be underdressing with out we even knowing it!

Angela Campbell
12-07-2013, 10:02 AM
In my first divorce....which gave new definition to "ugly"......my ex spouted off several time on "he did this, he did that he said the other"....the judge finally told her....

" I know you don't get along maam, that is why you are here. Please from this time forward let your attorney speak for you, or you will find yourself in contempt."

jackielou
12-07-2013, 10:52 AM
my xwife tried to do the same to me after several years of marriage during which she would often buy me bras and panties and long gowns for both of us she even swapped bras and panties and we wore each others jeans shirts socks and hose ,then she thought she had found greener (richer)grass and decided to slander me to her lawyer and my lawyer she never had any pictures of me dressed so she got her best friend to say she saw me wearing makeup which i never did i have large breast and wear a bra and she new this before we married and she liked it i went to my doc and got letters stating why he recommended i wear a bra and when it went her lawyer she folded and lost everything

samanthasolo
12-07-2013, 11:17 AM
One thing about legal matters in divorce proceedings and custody/ child support hearings. The only things that are relevant to the case and are IN WRITING are the things that will be considered by a judge, unless of course crossdressing is part of the evidence in the case. I would imagine that even if dressing is a reason for a wife to file for divorce the lawyers involved would recommend both parties to agree to an uncontested divorce under a multitude of different reasons without stating crossdressing in any written discovery!

sarah378619
12-07-2013, 11:33 AM
My crossdressing was entered into evidence in our divorce. It carried no weight and backfired on my ex. Divorces are not pleasant in any circumstance. Judges know all kinds of things are going to be presented that have no bearing on the case.Hugs. Sorry for the end of your marriage, but know that there was a deeper reason than how you dress or what you gender identity is. My ex and I are on very good terms these days and has admitted as much to me.
Sarah

stephNE
12-07-2013, 11:51 AM
Come on! The guy's wearing a long flowing black satin robe...who's side do think he'd be on? LOL!
...and who knows what he is wearing underneath! Hahahaha!!!

mikiSJ
12-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Most judges don't have a sense of humor when it comes to their courtrooms. Showing up in court "in drag" is not going to help your case.

I am not talking about showing up in drag, I am talking showing up as your preferred gender.

Everyone should move to a no-fault state.

...and who knows what he is wearing underneath! Hahahaha!!!

I went looking for a cartoon of two English judges talking cattily while adjusting their garter belts and hose, but alas..

I did find the following excerpt from the "Court Dress�A Consultation Paper issued on behalf of the Lord Chancellor and the Lord Chief Justice" (August 1992):

When sitting in the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division), High Court judges, like other members of the Court of Appeal, wear a black silk gown and a short wig, as they do in Divisional Court�. When dealing with criminal business at first instance in the winter, a High Court judge wears the scarlet robe of the ceremonial dress but without the scarlet cloth and fur mantle�. When dealing with criminal business in the summer, the judge wears a similar scarlet robe, but with silk rather than fur facings. A Queen's Bench judge trying civil cases in winter wears a black robe faced with fur, a black scarf and girdle and a scarlet tippet; in summer, a violet robe faced with silk, with the black scarf and girdle and scarlet tippet�. On red letter days (which include the Sovereign's birthday and certain saint's days) all judges wear the scarlet robe for the appropriate season.

It seems the boys on the English Bench have enough outfits to play with without resorting to under-dressing.

Eryn
12-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Marriages that remain intact do not prompt very much discussion here, which might lead to an impression that divorce is inevitable for TG folk.

That is definitely not the case.

I can't believe that nobody has come up with this one yet:

Q80ElML7KGk

Beverley Sims
12-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Judges have a lot of experience of people who clutch at straws. :)

BillieJoEllen
12-09-2013, 12:40 PM
Years ago my wife threatened divorce and went to see a lawyer. She told me that she told him that I was a 'transvestite'. As it turned out I had to go see a lawyer also and I was very embarrassed when I had to tell my lawyer that my wife was going to make my CDing an issue in our divorce proceedings. Well it never happened and we are still married but we did go through a period of a one year separation.

linda allen
12-09-2013, 06:14 PM
You can have a preferred make of truck, a preferred brand of beer and a preferred cut of steak but a "preferred gender"? In a courtroom?

Appearing in a court case is serious business. What happens in that courtroom could affect you for the rest of your life and as I posted most judges don't have much of a sense of humor when it comes to their courtrooms. As far as the court is concerned, you are the gender that's on your ID card. For most of us, that's the one you were born as. You should dress as your gender is expected to dress..

When you go to court, you need all the help you can get. Get a haircut, shave, wear a suit and tie and polished shoes, and be respectful and polite.

Susan.
12-09-2013, 07:04 PM
I wanted to out my wife, as being guilty of adultery in our divorce. But she conceded most of our assets so we settled out of court.