PDA

View Full Version : Makeup

Brenda Locke
01-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I have a question concerning makeup.
Actually how long does it take on average too do a decent job of it.
For me just to look good takes about 45minutes. That's after shaving of coarse.
I don't know if anyone has asked this before or not. I'm just curious to see just how long most of spend doing their makeup ??

LOL Brenda

Sharon
01-02-2006, 05:03 PM
If I'm staying in, it takes as little as ten or 15 minutes. If I'm going out, then it takes a good hour, including the time it takes to style my hair.

Toyah
01-02-2006, 05:12 PM
Got it down to 20 min now minamalist seems to work better

Sherlyn
01-02-2006, 05:41 PM
...from shave to final ...close to an hr ... but Im a fuss with my eyes ...hair np..i just toss it around ..til it suits me LOL

BeckyCath
01-02-2006, 05:50 PM
I can get my face on in 10 minutes, but if i start with a shower, hairwash, full body shave and blow my hair dry, it takes about an hour

It's all about practice

Rebecca

Julie York
01-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Just playing around for photos at home.....20 mins. Going out.......I haven't ever...but it would take forever!!

Kayla Smith
01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
It usually takes me from starting(shower) to finish(completly dressed and ready to go out) about an hour and half to two hours. I am very fussy about my hair and make-up.

Holly
01-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Down to about 45 minutes now. Hope to break the 30 minute make in the near future. Practice, practice, practice!:)

Gale R
01-02-2006, 08:30 PM
Take me about 30mins but i like to close shave my face atleast an hour before, so those little nicks have time to stop bleeding.:) ;)

Karren H
01-02-2006, 10:09 PM
If I'm in a rush 10 to 15 minutes with a few touchups after I get going! A real good job could take 30 to 45 minutes and if I'm in the mood, an hour or more just messing and primping!! hehehe Usually don't have the time but if I'm on the road and staying enfemme for more than a day, I will take the time.

love Karren

Phoebe Reece
01-02-2006, 11:46 PM
30 to 45 minutes. Some of that variation is from whether it is for daytime wear or a bit more colorful for going out at night (which takes a little more time).

S. Lisa Smith
01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
30-45 minutes!

danielle d
01-03-2006, 12:16 AM
it depends on what time of the day or where i'm going.if i really want to look great probably 30 minutes but for a fast fix 10 minutes
danielle d

Carol Sue
01-03-2006, 08:48 AM
About 20 to 30 minutes. The eyes take the longest. I don't think I will ever get eyeliner to look like I want it to.

knelson
01-03-2006, 04:19 PM
For me it takes about 20 minutes unless I am going out and then I have to pay closer attention to the eyes. Once you visit a makeup counter and learn a few tips, the hour will be cut in half

ChristineRenee
01-03-2006, 04:29 PM
If I'm just doing my eyes and maybe doing some blush...15-20 minutes. To do a full makeup job...prolly 30 minutes total....not counting shaving of course.;)

MsJanessa
01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
start to finish---shower, shave, make up, wig and dressing---1 hour:dom:

Maid Barbara
01-03-2006, 05:18 PM
Hi Benda Locke,
If I'm at home on my own and feel I just want to slob around, it normally takes abou 20 mins, but for going out and I do the full works you can make it 2 hours from start to finish!
Barbara x

Fallen Angel
01-03-2006, 05:22 PM
For me about an hour i like to take my time

Shelly Preston
01-03-2006, 05:30 PM
It takes me about an hour

I used to wonder what took my wife so long to get ready to go out.

Well I dont ask anymore.

PennyAnne
01-03-2006, 05:38 PM
From the time I get up in the moring to the time I'm ready to leave (not counting breakfast) 20 min if I don't wash my hair, 45 if I do.

Christina Nicole
01-03-2006, 06:26 PM
First of all, what kind of look are you trying to achieve? If you want to look like a mature woman, that's one thing, if you are trying to look like a guy in makeup, that's another thing, if you are trying to look like a ****, that's yet another.

After shaving, cleansing, and moisturizing how does your skin look? If you have a noticeable shadow from facial hair, uneven skin tone, etc, it is going to take more time to mask those imperfections. If you don't mind looking like a guy in makeup, you can skimp on coverage for those flaws. If you are going for a ****tish look, layering on a ton of makeup will hide the imperfections while being very quick to apply. If you want to look like a real woman, then it's going to take a lot more time. Most women do not wear heavy foundations and lots of eye color, especially as part of their daytime looks. That means that you have to be clever and subtle in your use of makeup. Generally this means a couple of light layers of makeup in different colors and shades to minimize flaws. Each color must be applied lightly. Apply too much and it looks like you have a makeup masque on your face. That's a do-over. Most women don't wear so much foundation that it looks heavy. Yes, some do, but it's noticeable. The idea with makeup is to make it not noticeable. Women notice other women's makeup. If you have too much, they'll look. The more they look, the lower your potential for passing. That's fine if you are in a gay bar. It's less fine if you are sharing the ladies fitting room at the mall.

Another consideration is the shape of your face. If your face has more of a feminine shape, say oval with good cheekbone structure, minimal brow bossing, and a smallish chin, then you will need less contouring than someone who has, for example, a strong chin and little cheekbone structure. Contouring takes time and success in contouring requires using only a tiny amount of makeup, but using it in just the right places. Again, that takes more time. Again, if you are ok with looking like a guy or a ****, you can skip much of this, or just go heavy on the contouring and move on.

Finally when applying color, you want to blend it well. That looks more natural and less "made up." On the other hand, if you are looking for a ****tish look, simply layer on color and leave it alone making for a hard, rather than a soft, blended look. That is much quicker, too.

So really, it depends on what you want to achieve and what you are starting with. If you have a nice facial shape, or had facial feminization surgery, you'll need a lot less contouring. If you've had electrolysis, you'll need less concealer and camouflage for beard shadowing.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

Brenda Locke
01-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Thank you to all who replied.
It seems we all take roughly, anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour to get our looks. Longer if we want to look absolutely Gorgeous or stunning or what-ever.

In a way I find it has helped to know just what kind of work and effort it takes to look good. I find that I don't begrudge the time it takes my girlfriend to get ready anymore I just give her a little more time to look that good . Not that she really needs a lot of time to begin with.

LoL Brenda