PDA

View Full Version : Gender Non Conforming.

Lucy_Bella
12-08-2013, 12:08 AM
Fetuses are exposed to prenatal androgens as early as 8 weeks into development. Male fetuses are exposed to much higher levels of androgens than female fetuses. It’s been found that toy preferences, play-mates, and play-styles vary with the child’s exposure to androgens. Regardless of the biological sex of the child, increased androgen exposure is associated with more masculine-type behaviours, while decreased androgen exposure is associated with more feminine-type behaviours.

sarah378619
12-08-2013, 12:21 AM
Very true. There is science to being transgendered, But I am so grateful for not getting those androgens and being feminine. If there was a way to undo my transgender I would not take it. I enjoy being a girl too much. I only wish i had the body to match my mind.lol
Sarah

Tristessa
12-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Fetal androgenization is definitely one determinant in a person's gender expression, but there are many others. Maybe for TG folks it is mostly/exclusively biological, but I think social factors have much more influence in non-TG CD'ers.

Beverley Sims
12-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Lucy,
Now I have to go away and study up on what you have just said.
Many have posted with the same thing in the past and and the theory is quite a strong one.

kimdl93
12-08-2013, 08:18 AM
Yup, that seems to be a significant determinant. There's evidence that this is part of what's behind the birth order effect...when multiple male siblings are born in a row, the odds that one will be gay or TG increases dramatically with each subsequent male birth. I was the near the table end of eight male births. When I learned this, it gave me a measure of relief, because it gave me a plausible explanation.

Kate Simmons
12-08-2013, 09:04 AM
This may be true Hon but a person is much more than chemicals. It depends on how we are treated and socialized from birth as well. If I'm a boy and you dress me in pink dresses and put ribbons in my hair everyday, I'm no doubt going to gravitate towards girl hood, especially as I grow older.:)