PDA

View Full Version : Full Frontal Ma'am Redux

michelleddg
12-08-2013, 09:28 AM
This seems to happen to me every six months or so...

I am a normal, somewhat blah-looking, dude. I'm six feet tall and currently have a two day beard growth working. I have a mid-back pony tail tied back at the nape.

I walk into the bagel shop this morning in sweats. The manager looks up and asks "how can I help you ma'am. Oh, sorry, sir."

The only clue I'm presenting is that my hair is tied back.

My point to my sisters is that people see what they want to see. They are not evaluating the gender of everybody they come across trying to clock you if you're "in disguise". Present nicely and the world is yours. Hugs, Michelle

Beverley Sims
12-08-2013, 01:13 PM
I think you may have soft features and an even softer personality and presentation.
You really need to present a photo for others to judge you.

docrobbysherry
12-08-2013, 01:28 PM
I agree with, Bev. If anyone calls me Lady or Ma'am when I'm out dressed, it's because of who I'm out with! Otherwise it's, "What can I get u, Buddy?" Or, Dude. Or, Hey U Perve!

Fortunately, when out as Sherry, it's usually, "Mmmmm, whaaaaaa?" Or, speechless dropped jaws. I've come to appreciate those as a BIG improvement!

Robbin_Sinclair
12-08-2013, 02:31 PM
... I'm six feet tall and currently have a two day beard growth working. I have a mid-back pony tail tied back at the nape.....I walk into the bagel shop this morning in sweats. The manager looks up and asks "how can I help you ma'am. Oh, sorry, sir."...The only clue I'm presenting is that my hair is tied back.....Hugs, Michelle

Maybe it is less complicated.

If it was a busy shop, salesperson looking down, looks up seeing several people in full view seeing you out of the corner of his/her eye and hurriedly says something, not thinking. If one eye looking that direction is anything like mine, that person has poor vision.

Admittedly, people see what they plan to see many times. We call that "expectations" in the programs. Sometimes they are just careless.

You did not write how tall you are. That is another quick indicator for busy people.

You should go out there and try the same thing fully dressed en tem. Tell the "normal" people in your life, that this is an experiment. Just don't use the word "clocked." They won't get it.

:hugs: robbin

Kiva
12-08-2013, 04:22 PM
I've been called ma'am when in drab. When they apologize, I generally reply that I've been called worse. That usually gets a chuckle.

Persephone
12-08-2013, 11:34 PM
One of my friends claims that I "leak" femininity. Don't know why she says that, just because I have long hair, "French" manicured long acrylic nails, carry a purse, tend to wear feminine colored t-shirts and tops, etc. .....

The result is that I get "Ma'm" much more frequently than I get "Sir," and it tends to last -- if they start with "Ma'm" they usually stick with it. I call it "Persistence of gender."

Love it!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Lynn Marie
12-09-2013, 07:29 AM
From what I can see in your profile picture, you have exactly the kind of features that make for a fabulous career in crossdressing! It's hard enough for me to get "ma'amed" in full dress and face paint and you get "ma'amed" without even trying. Life is so unfair!