PDA

View Full Version : What music do you listen to while dressed ? Is it different ? Do you dance around?

Adriana Moretti
12-08-2013, 10:00 PM
Sorry if this post has been covered before. What songs just "do it" for you...songs that make you feel completely femme..songs you listen to after you get dolled up? Songs you dance around to in your heels ? I love to dance dressed. I have a million, old & new ...can go back as far as Nancy Sinatra yet as modern as Skrillex...whats yours

Some of my currents are

Pussycat Dolls Dont Cha
Black Eyed Peas Boom Boom Pow
Kylie Minouge Slow
Skrillex Scary Monsters
Zedd Clarity
Madonna For A Girl
Wynter Gorden Dirty Talk

could always use a few more for the ipod...whats yours?

Chardonnay Merlot
12-08-2013, 10:10 PM
"Nasty Girl" -- Vanity 6 :)

renaej7
12-08-2013, 10:13 PM
It is definitely different when I dress. LOL!

Some of my currents are

Marsha Ambrosius - Far Away
Jill Scott - The Way & Golden
Beyoncé - Party
Miquel - How Many Drinks
August Alsina - I Luv This

Any other time...it's Lil Wayne, TI, etc.

Adriana Moretti
12-08-2013, 10:17 PM
nasty girl...YESSS ! classic!!!! so is Jill Scott....I want to listen to EVERYTHING else people post cause I am pretty sure they will all be great choices!!!

JuliaM
12-08-2013, 10:21 PM
Icona Pop - I Love It (goes with a great shoe commercial on TV - bonus!)
Anything Lady Gaga

Laughed at myself this week to dancing (and singing loudly) in heels to I Will Survive (Gloria Gayner).

Shanine
12-08-2013, 10:26 PM
80s music really. I don't dance too much, but I might go crazy for the right song.

Adriana Moretti
12-08-2013, 10:29 PM
I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

irene9999
12-08-2013, 10:36 PM
Pop music, Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, etc

Alice Torn
12-08-2013, 10:37 PM
Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass' "Music to watch girls by." And an old song from the 1950's "Sittin on the corner watchin all the guils go by." NOT! No i don't listen to those. I like mostly classical music, and maybe some ballet music, so I can prance around my little place, knocking things over, and hitting my heard on the ceiling lights! Seriously, mostly classical, some old country, some old big band, , vocals. Not much modern. I have a cassette with some songs i recorded, like "Dancing Queen", "She's a lady". She's got legs." "Long-legged girl with the short dress on, etc, for if i meet with an admirer, and model and dance.

Candice Mae
12-08-2013, 10:40 PM
Kreator, slayer, overkill, megadeth, death, warbringer, legion of the damned, exodus, destruction, death angel, Vader, sepultura, Anthrax, annihilator, Sacrifice, disciples of power, testament and on and on.

<--- This Girl love her thrash and death metal.

Sarah Doepner
12-08-2013, 10:47 PM
It seems that I only listen to K.D.Lang, "Invincible Summer" when I'm getting ready to go out. I don't dance, I have a genetic defect; a Y chromosome and northern European ancestors.

Jason+
12-09-2013, 12:09 AM
"Switched on Bach" or just about any of Wendy Carlos' work. I loved that music from the first time I heard it long before I discovered so much as underwear.

Alice do I date myself (or at least my upbringing) and confess to actually listening to Herb Alpert and the TJ Brass? :D You can't beat the cover of Whipped Cream and Other Delights!

As for the dancing, people look for my medic alert bracelet when I try that and I'm not wearing heels so I usually stick to making the rythm rather than moving to it. :P

Eryn
12-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Usually the same thing that I listen to in drab: classical.

Shanine
12-09-2013, 12:36 AM
kay, heard one of those songs that made me dance, Tone Loc, Wild Thing......yeah, I shook my booty in the kitchen lol

Adriana Moretti
12-09-2013, 12:41 AM
wow...i find that interesting..i listen to alot of classical music too..especially while getting ready....and also herb albert style 60's mod music....very interesting to find out I am not the only one....great stuff here !

Cynthia Anne
12-09-2013, 01:25 AM
I be country all the way unless I'm dancing then it's country and that good old time rock and roll!!!

Sandraellen
12-09-2013, 01:40 AM
Nat King Cole and heels.

PatChick
12-09-2013, 01:48 AM
Pretty much anything by Regina Spekter. Sweetest voice I've ever heard.

celeste26
12-09-2013, 02:11 AM
My two favorites are Bette Midler (The Rose) and Cyndi Lauper (Girls Just Wanna Have Fun)

Stephanie Sometimes
12-09-2013, 02:22 AM
If you can listen to Jimi Hendrix Pali Gap without breaking out into dance moves then you have no soul whatsoever. I don't dance very well but with Hendrix playing I channel a 60's go-go girl.

Tilly Vega
12-09-2013, 03:47 AM
Madonna
Prince
ABC
The Go-Gos
Dead or Alive
Jeffree Star
Shannon
Lana Del Rey
Grimes
Azailea Banks
This is a small sample list of a few bands.

Adriana Moretti
12-09-2013, 04:35 AM
great stuff Tilly !!!!!!!!

Beverley Sims
12-09-2013, 01:01 PM
Bonnie Tyler, It's A Heartache.
Smokie, Living Next Door To Alice.

Not for getting dressed but I have speakers in the bathroom, for sing along hour. :)

Wezzcott
12-09-2013, 01:13 PM
I love listening to Sarah McLachlan, Tori Amos, Jewel, Michelle Branch, The Band Perry, and several more. I don't really dance to it, but the music is very relaxing. I love female singers in general.

Dianne S
12-09-2013, 01:51 PM
I thought about this and the interesting thing is I don't usually listen to music when I'm dressed. The reason is that most of my CDing time comes when I take a day to work at home and everyone else is out of the house. While I'm working, I cannot listen to music... I find it way too distracting.

For relaxation in both modes, I sometimes play the piano. Definitely at the Easy Piano level and it's an eclectic selection: Some Beatles, some Billy Joel, some classical and some Disney movie themes. I particularly like "Part of your World" from The Little Mermaid; I think it sums up many CDers' feelings. :)

Chardonnay Merlot
12-09-2013, 02:02 PM
Things I listen to ....

When I'm getting ready to go out

"Fashion" by David Bowie
"Nasty Girl" by Vanity 6
"Supermodel" by RuPaul
"I know a Place" by Petula Clark

When I'm driving en femme anywhere...

"Do You Wanna Touch" by Joan Jet
"Rumor Has It" by Adele
"Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles
"A View To A Kill" by the Brazillian Lounge Project (this cut is also really good shopping music)

Jaylyn
12-09-2013, 02:22 PM
I'm probably weird but I really like two kinds of music dressed or not... Any 60s and some early 70s. I used to play in a small group that we had formed in high school thus the 60's n 70's. Today, being from West Texas I have always heard old western growing up and country. I played with a country group for several years, thus learning many of the old favorites. About the only country I listen to today is George Strait, Josh Turner, and a few songs from very few other artist. I enjoy waltzing, two stepping, and just having a good time with the wife at a few of the old joints I used to attend or play in. I have a respect for any musician no matter what the talent level. When I am dressed if I have the 60s channel on I will dance to that or if it's a local station it's gonna be country so I waltz n two step. Funny I still do the leading wether dressed or not. Probably didn't answer any of the questions but take it for what it's worth. Probably not many country fans CD.

Robinkay
12-09-2013, 02:58 PM
Dubstep-Electronic…..Dance :D

reb.femme
12-09-2013, 03:14 PM
Vocal Trance in all modes....end of! Armin van Buuren a big fave but loving the female featured singers. Emma Lock sends me to heaven with 'You and Me'.

Shogun ft Emma Lock - Save Me
Tritonal ft Cristina Soto - Piercing Quiet
Alex Kunnari ft. Emma Lock - You And Me
Armin van Buuren ft Ana Criado - I'll Listen
Omnia ft Melissa Loretta - Halo

I'll dance if the clubs would let an old git like me in.

Rebecca

Zylia
12-09-2013, 04:29 PM
I do not really listen to different music while dressed and I typically don't dance around, but I did compile a special crossdressers.com mixtape (or Spotify playlist as we call them nowadays) so I can post it every time someone asks this question, so here it goes:

Gossip – Move in the Right Direction
Baskerville – The Fuss
Marina and The Diamonds – Primadonna
Robyn with Kleerup – With Every Heartbeat
Annie – Heartbeat
The Knife – Heartbeats
Rihanna – Only Girl (In the World)
Lily Allen – Not Fair
The Ting Tings – Shut Up and Let Me Go
Kelly Clarkson – People Like Us
Loreen – Euphoria
La Roux – In For The Kill
David Guetta feat. Kelly Rowland – When Love Takes Over
Maria Mena – You're The Only One
Martin Solveig feat. Dragonette – Hello
Florence + The Machine – You've Got The Love
The Asteroids Galaxy Tour – Heart Attack
Soulwax – NY Excuse

Enjoy!

StacyPump
01-28-2014, 04:59 PM
I listen to Madelaine Peyroux while I am getting dressed up. It puts me in a girlie kind of mood.

I listen to Red Hot Chili Peppers "Blood Sugar Sex Magik" when I am dressed up, dancing around, and feeling hot!

Rosie87
02-15-2014, 03:34 PM
I just heard a rendition of "Hell on Heels" on the Voice UK (a singing reality tv show) and thought that was quite appropriate...

heellover
02-15-2014, 03:53 PM
I do notice I listen to easy rock type ( I love Katie Perry!) stations and country a lot while in girl mode.

I'm a fan of country to begin with,but I listen to more classic rock while in boy mode.

Christen
02-15-2014, 04:09 PM
60's pop and Motown do it for me. Sometimes I dance. Last night I was having serious thoughts about being a backup girl in a 60's band. Big, big hair, tiny mini dress, knee high boots and cool moves. I think that's want I want to be when I grow up! Strangely Shania Twain also gets my girl feet moving.

Christen x

Adriana Moretti
02-15-2014, 04:37 PM
20's swing music has been my new kick recently...I feel so Great Gatsby-ish . It goes good with a nice stiff drink and makes me feel like what I am doing is illegal in some prohibition type of way.

michellekhoo
02-15-2014, 04:48 PM
God! If I accidently shared my Spotify listening habits on Facebook I would be screwed! Let's just say that my listening habits are entirely different when in drab.

Amy Hepker
02-15-2014, 04:56 PM
I have been to a few Bars around and yes, I will get out there and Dance. I was afraid to for so long thinking I would just look ridicules, But I guess that is dancing and I feel good dancing now. I just don't like being the tallest Lady out there dancing.

LovelyGeek
02-15-2014, 05:05 PM
anything dance/edm/trance/ambient/dubstep, jazz, and bluegrass, pop, rock, ska.
I LOVE dancing in my dress and flats.

Lake street dive
Presidents of the USA
Weezer
Seven Lions
Cash Cash
Bingo Players
Adventure Club
Coltrane
Arturo Sandoval
Afro Cuban All Stars
Reel Big Fish
PvD
Portugal. the man
Typhoon

so much good stuff!

Sarah21
02-15-2014, 05:38 PM
I love dancing. I like lots of different music but there are some songs I just have to dance to. It's hard to pick a few.

My absolute favorites to dance to are
Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen
Sugababes - Red Dress
Christina Aguilera - Candyman
Beyonce - Single Ladies

I love the older stuff as well, especially Abba and Whitney Houston.

Amy07
02-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Pink, Katy Perry, Suzy Boggus, Evanesence, the Cranberries, Madonna, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, other 80s girl bands

Kate Simmons
02-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Pat Benatar, Madonna, Go-Go's, B-52's, Brittany Spears, Shania Twain, Sheena Easton, Kylie, Bangles to name a few. I love to move Hon. ;):)

Hell on Heels
02-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the plug Rosie, Pistol Annies are a lot of fun!
My music choice is the same, although some of the songs have
a little different feel or meaning to me while in chick mode, than in drab.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Audrey Sis
02-15-2014, 06:33 PM
Same as Kristyn, which for me is mostly 70s-80s Rock from ACDC to Zep, Pink Floyd (watch for my left shoulder in pics...) to The Cure, GoGos, Crowded House, way many more. I've added a little to that including a couple by Eminem, and yes some pop (I Kissed a Girl, anyone?)

I like it all in any mode, because I'm all me, all the time, dressed or not.

Oh, and I danced last Halloween, in public and all, and it felt quite natural, relaxed, and I had tons of fun. I don't typically dance by myself, though.

Annaliese2010
02-15-2014, 06:35 PM
I love music couldn't live w/o it. I dunno if I 'dance' per se just move to the rhythm feel the lyrics let it express through me. Whether happy or sad let it move me.

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
Jack Johnson - Angel (Kid Koala Remix) and so many others like Bubble Toes
Peter Frampton - Baby I Love Your Way
Lady GaGa - Bad Romance, Poker Face, Just Dance and everything else she does (I'm in love with her)
Akon (Kolby O'Donis & Cardinal Offishall - Beautiful
Nine Inch Nails - Closer
Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
Stereophonics - Dakota
Crowded House - Fall At Your Feet
Shakira - Hips Don't Lie
Hoobastank - Inside Of You
Bruno Mars - Locked Out Of Heaven
David Bowie - Modern Love
Depeche Mode - Precious
State of Shock - Money Honey
Regina Spektor - Fidelity
Katy Perry - I Kissed A Girl
Ratatat - Shempi, Seventeen Years
Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life
The Supremes - Can't Hurry Love and just about every song by them
Mandisa - Overcomer, What If We Were Real
Jamie Grace - Ready To Fly
Gwen Stefani - Underneath It All
Buckcherry - Crazy B*tch
Cher - Every song she does

...to name a few from my current playlist :battingeyelashes:

Devi is here
02-15-2014, 06:45 PM
Intresting playlists on this thread :)

Katey888
02-15-2014, 06:47 PM
I'm surprised this one's been missed, as there really can only be one to have a good bop and sing along to..

ABBA - Dancing Queen :eek:

But push me to something more recent and I'll go....

Sash - Encore une fois (OK not very recent)

Shania Twain - Man! I feel like a woman... :)

Katey x

Donna Jean GA
02-15-2014, 07:40 PM
I have to second that old standard "Man! I feel like a woman" by Shania, Katey! That's my absolute favorite to dance around to when I am en femme.

Donna Jean

scarletcd
02-15-2014, 08:35 PM
My music taste doesn't necessarily change I don't think. I have an unnatural love for both Queen and AC/DC so its usually just more of the same when I'm dressed.

anaissa
02-15-2014, 08:57 PM
I love all kinds of music, and like you, I dance all over the place while I'm dressing and then when I'm fully dressed. I experience a sort of euphoria when I am en femme. Currently my faves are:

Favorite Current songs

Pitbull (Rihanna)-- The Monster
Katy Perry-- Roar
Zedd -- Stay the Night
Lady Gaga-- Do What U Want
Lorde-- Royals
Bruno Mars-- Young Girls

Some of my favorite artists:

Gwen Stefani
Madonna
Natasha Beningfield
Regina Spektor
Lily Allen
Amy Winehouse
Blondie
Cyndi Lauper

and yes...

Nancy Sinatra

Christen
02-16-2014, 12:29 AM
God, forgot ABBA. Ridiculously good to dance to!

Karen kc
02-16-2014, 10:56 AM
Jaylyn, I guess there"s 2 of us cders that listen to classic country. I also like southern rock, and have grabbed the wifes hand and twirled her around while dressed

Melissa in SE Tn
02-16-2014, 11:14 AM
The male side of me still dominates the melissa in me. My favorite rock band of all time was & wil remain the late 60's / early 70's ABB when Duane was alive . Duane Allman was a guitar god. At that same time, yes , genesis, wishbone ash, move /ELO , pink Floyd, humble pie, deep purple rocked my world.

Now that I am older & hopefully more musically mature, I just love to watch dancing with the stars to appreciate beautiful dancing , costumes , multi eras of music , etc. I really like the big band era of the 40's to get me & my wife to swing dance. Music does calm the savage beast & warms my cd soul . " But back home he'll always run to sweet Melissa".

sonialexis
02-16-2014, 01:24 PM
i was thinking of exactly a similar thread. right now mine would be 'she wolf' shakira, girls do listen to it, definitely different from what I would listen to in dran. it absolutely brings out the girl in me. i do a beyonce strut and a wiggle.

scarletcd
02-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Recently I've fallen in love with the new Against Me! album. Some of you might be aware but the lead singer has announced she will be transitioning and their new album reflects that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEE7iw5WYJI

Isabella77
02-16-2014, 09:12 PM
Does anyone ever fantasize about stripping / dancing to music? Or am I just a total ****? :o :battingeyelashes:

Adriana Moretti
02-16-2014, 09:27 PM
Does anyone ever fantasize about stripping / dancing to music? ...
Guilty.!!!!..especially late night...its actually GREAT exercise and works all the correct muscles!!!!

Isabella77
02-16-2014, 09:38 PM
Somehow I love dancing so much better as a girl. There is a lot of great music for it. Personally I like Indie and garage rock. Love to move to Indie rock queens like PJ Harvey and Liz Phair (not Cat Power though - totally different kind of energy). Also bands Like The Kings of Leon and The Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Great for shakin' it up in sexy clothes.

Adriana Moretti
02-16-2014, 09:44 PM
this video sums it up nicely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5j-ipGFcko&feature=kp

Carrie R
02-17-2014, 06:08 AM
I like Pink Floyd, Yes, Styx, Led Zeppelin and Mike Oldfield. You might have guessed, I don't dance.

Katey888
02-17-2014, 06:54 AM
this video sums it up nicely

Thanks Adriana - that's made me feel soooo much better.... I think I can actually do better than that French bird... awful... :eek:

Katey x

Milou
02-17-2014, 08:25 AM
I don't even dress (yet), but this is what I would listen. Don't judge me >:3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6f-LLM1H6U

Music, I usually listen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uffjii1hXzU

???

Isa
02-17-2014, 08:44 AM
When dressed, I find myself listening to more Jazz and Classical. If I'm really happy I'll throw on some Alexander Rybak. When not dressed you'll catch me listening to Black/Death Metal. I would love to dance, but I just kind of flutter around. Pretty sure it would amuse most folks hahaha

Barbie Anne
02-17-2014, 08:50 AM
Good question, wish I could answer it. I love classic rock and the blues. Chiefly Stevie Ray Vaghaun, Ac/Dc, Lynard Skynard, Allman brothers, etc. I listen to these while both in girl and guy mode............However, if I'm in girl mode and the radio plays something typically girly......

I used to love to get all dolled up in 80's madonna mode and dance around the house to "Girls just want to have fun" by Cyndi Lauper........There I've said it........whew.

Katey888
02-17-2014, 02:04 PM
I don't even dress (yet), but this is what I would listen. Don't judge me >:3.

Milou -I don't know about anyone else - or whether or not I could dance to it - but I could sit and watch something like the 'Miniskirt' video all day.. :D

And the music ain't bad either...

Katey x

Milou
02-17-2014, 02:14 PM
Milou -I don't know about anyone else - or whether or not I could dance to it - but I could sit and watch something like the 'Miniskirt' video all day.. :D

And the music ain't bad either...

Katey x

Same here. K-pop is my guilty pleasure :3

That intro, tho:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pA_Tou-DPI

Michelle_Phoenix
02-17-2014, 04:40 PM
I like mostly rock/metal. Headbanging is a lot more fun en femme cause of the hair. Lol

Kreator, slayer, overkill, megadeth, death, warbringer, legion of the damned, exodus, destruction, death angel, Vader, sepultura, Anthrax, annihilator, Sacrifice, disciples of power, testament and on and on.

<--- This Girl love her thrash and death metal.

^ This girl has good taste.

RebeccaRachel
02-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Shania Twain - Man! I Feel Like A Woman...

Tracii G
02-17-2014, 05:54 PM
Nothing much changes for me 80' 90's rock/metal and some newer heavy metal.
As long as the music speaks to me and thumps me hard on the chest its all good.

RachelRoxx
02-17-2014, 06:01 PM
It totally changes for me. I play guitar and love heavy metal, rocks, jazz, blues and classical but when Im getting ready or am dressed i like more girly music. Club music and techno, Beyonce and such. Anthough getting readdy with a little Beethoven or Paganinni playing is sublime!

Mink
02-17-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm a total indie gal! ... and a bit of the ol' experimental pop / catchier side of avant garde!

radiohead... super furry animals... animal collective

cloud cult, mark mallman, tatu, rem, men without hats, sleepytime gorilla museum, bearsuit, gang gang dance, xiu xiu, einsturzende neubauten to name just a few!

when feeling girlier i must admit i like girly pop! ... metric, ladytron, the like...

i try not to danse!

for humanity!

samantha rogers
02-17-2014, 09:20 PM
In boy mode I listen to and love pretty much everything...rock in all forms from Eddie Cochran to Arcade Fire, old Stones to Franz Ferdinand, jazz - Miles Davis, Keith Jarrett, more, classical, country, electronic, you name it. My hard drive has nearly a TB of music on it..except for pop and rap...well, I do have some older pop...just none of the current stuff unless you count Adele. Ironically, as Samantha I love pop, especially female vocalists, and especially especially romantic r&b...but I still don't like rap. LOL

Isa
02-17-2014, 09:23 PM
It totally changes for me. I play guitar and love heavy metal, rocks, jazz, blues and classical but when Im getting ready or am dressed i like more girly music. Club music and techno, Beyonce and such. Anthough getting readdy with a little Beethoven or Paganinni playing is sublime!

Oh god, I love this!!

GenieGirl
02-17-2014, 11:07 PM
Lady Gaga....and METAL lol

Shellycd12
02-17-2014, 11:10 PM
Love the 80's music especially girl bands like The Donnas and love Joan Jett.

Shelly