PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out to a Close Friend this Week

ellieparsons
12-09-2013, 10:55 AM
So I am coming out to a very close friend that i work with this week, this will be the first person I have told about my dressing. I have butterflies in my stomach on how I'm going to tell her and how she is going to react. I told her that i have something that I want to tell her but in a more personal environment, so we are going out to lunch. She has told me that she will never judge me, I've always called her my office mother cause she is always helping with things and giving me those words of encouragement that I cant seem to get from my own family. I'm excited and nervous at the same time, but it will be a huge weight off that someone else knows, and i'm not alone anymore.

audreyinalbany
12-09-2013, 11:32 AM
I think it's exciting! I understand the butterflies, but look at it as a great opportunity.

Marcelle
12-09-2013, 11:35 AM
Hi there,

It is always great when you can confide in a person. I have just recently begun coming out to close friends. So far all have been very good about it and I now have several GG friends who want to go out with me dressed.

Good luck

Hugs

Isha

Beverley Sims
12-09-2013, 12:09 PM
I wish you well but be aware she may not be all that overwhelmed.

latitude45
12-09-2013, 01:00 PM
Even the thought of coming out to one of my closest friends causes me shivers. I have come out to my wife, and she is encouraging me to come out to my very best friend. The way my wife put it was - what would you say/do if he came to you and told you he was a CDer, would you hate him? would you stop being his friend? It's funny when you turn things around a bit to think about them.

For the record, I'm still nervous about saying anything, but I guess my wife is right in a way - a true friend will always be just that!

I wish you all the best of luck in your conversation!

Oh, and please do let us know how it turned out - though I'm sure it will all be good!

ellieparsons
12-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Thank you, i do hope that everything will turnout ok. I just started to left my hair grow out, it was always a buzz cut, it slowly growing longer, i cant wait for it to be long enough to do something with it, but that wont be for awhile. I will update after our lunch on Wednesday.

Dawn Gurl
12-09-2013, 05:58 PM
I wish you the very best and hope it turns out well.
I recently came out to a very close gg co-worker. It has been by far, the best thing I have ever done. She has been so very supportive and non-judgmental, it over whelms me to no end. Like you, the feeling that I'm not alone anymore, is such a tremendous weight lifted from me. Every morning she sends me an e-mail asking how Dawn is doing this morning... that simple act gives me so much encouragement.
I truly hope, your conversation with your friend has the same outcome !! Let me know how it goes.

Kelly Anne
12-09-2013, 06:04 PM
I just came out to a friend of mine last night and she knew about me wearing panties which we have gone shopping for but she is the first friend that I've every told about my desire to get outfits and dress up completely. She was very supportive and said she thought it would be fun to go out shopping together and have fun it just being us having a good time. Dream come true... never thought I would be this lucky.

kimdl93
12-09-2013, 08:11 PM
I've done the same thing. I knew the three women...each both a business associate and friend...would be open minded and supportive. How did I know? From working with them over several years and observing the way they related to others.

ellieparsons
12-10-2013, 11:02 AM
Thank you all for your support and kind words, i will definitely post what happens from our lunch date/talk.

Robbin_Sinclair
12-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Part of the 12 step programs involve sharing things like this with one other human being. I did not look forward to it, at all, but felt that I had to do it.

Regardless of what the issue for them, other recovering alcoholics and drug addicts would say how much they hated the idea of doing this but that it was no big deal afterwards. All of them said how much of a relief it was to do it. As promised, it happened just that way for me.

You will probably find that it ain't no big deal, if you don't let it be. That's the hard part. Don't make the person you are coming out to be what he/she isn't. This isn't psychotherapy, just a coming out social experience.

:hugs:

mariehart
12-10-2013, 12:30 PM
I came out to a friend in work years ago, well more like she got it out of me because she suspected. She went and told her boyfriend who was also my friend and he's kind of a tough dude. But he was really cool about it, more than cool, totally accepting. He was offended when I told him I thought he'd react badly. I even went shopping with her after that buying shoes and a wig and some other stuff. She even gave me a pair of her shoes she didn't want anymore. It was a most surreal moment to be sitting in the car park at work with her trying on a pair of her shoes. No she didn't have big feet, I have small. At Christmas they even gave me a very sexy piece of lingerie which they insisted I model for them on webcam.

Later I told my other best female friend in work. She was totally unsurprised and unphased and totally accepted me a female after that. Still does. She even asked me to buy her some underwear she couldn't get in this country while I was visiting Spain.

It really worked out for me and I hope it's the same for you.

ellieparsons
12-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Well i had my lunch today with my friend and told her everything and she was fine with everything and felt good that i could trust her enough to tell her this, it was a huge weight of my shoulders, i feel like a new person in a way. She said that anytime i need advice with anything that she would be there for me. I told i would like help with makeup application so after the holidays she is going to give me a makeover. This just feels great, on cloud nine right now.:):)

Monica2013
12-11-2013, 04:23 PM
This thread is why I am so very grateful to the person who put me in touch with this site. I too am thinking of coming out to a close friend. And, it scares me. But all of the kind and supportive feedback I receive from reading replies to questions here makes me feel like the decisions I am making now to be the person I truly am is the right one. Thanks to all from a new follower - your help has been wonderful!
Monica

Pandys
12-11-2013, 05:47 PM
I am so happy for you!!

jennloves55
12-12-2013, 05:45 AM
That is fantastic. I wish I had some help with amkeup.

Jennifer Marie P.
12-12-2013, 09:22 AM
I wish you well.

vallerie lacy
12-12-2013, 09:56 AM
So very happy to hear that things turned out so well

ellieparsons
12-14-2013, 09:13 AM
Thank you for all the kind words and encouragement, i hope to be able to tell more people in time.