PDA

View Full Version : Mabe the first time out?

SamGreen
12-09-2013, 05:29 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

I've recently found a post here that shares an 'outing' for us that is close enough to go, and I'm really excited (nervous). I haven't seen any other posts or replies to the posting, and I'm just a little skeptical.

I've never been out to a public place like that (A PUB, really, an outing wearing a dress to a REAL PUB?). AND I don't know anyone there. Heck, even my wife says that it might be a good thing if I go (although she WILL NOT be going!).

Thoughts and suggestions?

Sam

reb.femme
12-09-2013, 05:47 PM
Hi Sam,

A local meeting is how I first got out and about at home. Absolute first time was when I booked out from my hotel en femme and drove home too. Stopped at motorway services just to push the envelope. No troubles at all.

The muggles will be somewhat conditioned to the 'strange crowd' alongside them at the pub, if it is a regular meeting place. Have a peek in whilst en drab and see how you feel.

Rebecca

AllieSF
12-09-2013, 05:53 PM
First, if it was a "Meeting Place" or whatever it is called now section thread, it will take time for responses to show up, as each response has to be reviewed by a Mod or Admin before it can be posted.

Second, going to a meet up or support group for us is one of the best ways to over come the exact fears and worries that you have. You will meet people similar to yourself. They usually always pick secure locations, someone's house, a meeting room at a hotel, or a "T" friendly bar or restaurant. I would think that if you were to Google LGBT support Groups in your area that you may be surprised what you find, unless you live very far from a decent size city.

Lastly, if you have questions respond to that thread and ask away, or PM the OP and ask those questions. She may already know someone who lives close to you that would be willing to meet up with you on the way to the meeting. Good luck, and as most all will say here, going out, if you want to do that, is so much fun and helpful.

Nadine Spirit
12-09-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't know if I have ever been to a bar like establishment while dressed as a girl. I prefer to go to museums, restaurants or the movies. Well at least at first. Now I just go anywhere, but I do tend to avoid bars. My reasoning is, why would a single woman go to a bar by herself? I am not looking for a date, but maybe you are??

SamGreen
12-09-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks everyone for your feedback. A few things:

Darn. I should have included the posting:
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?205096-Gurls-Nite-Out...Pub-Night..Dec-14th...Oakville-Ontario-CANADA-Xmas-Edition

It seams it is a safe location for LGBT as the PUB's web site states. The meeting is a monthly meeting that just happens to be at a pub.

And no, I'm "just" a hetero CD. Not looking for any hook ups, I already have one wife, why do I need to complicate things more...

kimdl93
12-09-2013, 08:08 PM
My first real outing was to my hairdresser, followed quickly by an hour at the MAC counter at a local mall. Npersonally, I recommend day trips first...it's much safer than venturing out at night.

Rachelakld
12-10-2013, 02:37 AM
I, like Nadine, prefer day time outings to family orientated locations.
My local museum currently has a 100 years of fashion photo display (fashion and photography in the same room - heavenly)

Adriana Moretti
12-10-2013, 03:00 AM
just go for it ..if it is tg friendly you have nothing to worry about....and if you dont get the courage to go inside , at least you ventured out and the NEXT time you go out...you more than likely will head in...its a win win....be safe, be comfortable and most of all have fun

Beverley Sims
12-10-2013, 05:50 AM
Sam,
Going solo is very difficult.
You have no goal, such as meeting someone there even.
A single girl wanders into a pub sits down and a waiter serves her.
She is chicken feed for the masses.
Find someone to go with or meet up with someone there.
A solo outing is suitable for shopping at the mall, less likely to get hit on or even noticed.

At the pub a single girl stands out like a lost soul, good, bad or ugly.

SamGreen
12-10-2013, 05:21 PM
I might head there the day before en-masc. The owner has stated on the site that the pub is LGBT friendly and there is a 'group' of us suppose to be there the next day. Maybe a phone call to clarify things up and ensure that I'm not soloing it for too long.

Chicken feed. There is a thought.