PDA

View Full Version : It's GCR, not GRS

Sometimes Steffi
12-09-2013, 11:11 PM
I just discovered a new term: Gender Confirmation Surgery (instea of Gender Reassignment Surgery). I rather like it.

LelaK
12-09-2013, 11:25 PM
Those who want to make lots of money are often good at coming up with catchy phrases to describe their product. Counselors need to get on board with that: Gender Confirmation Therapy or Counseling. I like Shape-Shifter Surgery or Counseling. I want to be a natural shape-shifter though.

Beverley Sims
12-10-2013, 06:26 AM
Is that like SMS and Text?

Lela,
You have it in a nutshell.

"Those who want to make lots of money are often good at coming up with catchy phrases to describe their product."

:):)

Zylia
12-10-2013, 06:42 AM
Yes, terms like sex reassignment surgery, gender reassignment surgery, genital reconstruction surgery, genital correction surgery, sex affirmation surgery, sex realignment surgery and gender confirmation surgery are used pretty much interchangeably on this board as well and I can see how some people prefer one term over the other. That said, this isn't exactly something for the Male to Female Crossdressing section, is it?

Sheren Kelly
12-10-2013, 05:08 PM
I think it would be more accurate to call it Gender Conforming Surgery. The surgery is to make your body conform to society's expectations of your gender. Only you can confirm your gender.

ReineD
12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I just discovered a new term: Gender Confirmation Surgery (instea of Gender Reassignment Surgery).

It's a wonderfully affirming term for transsexuals, but I think it's too ambiguous if you are trying to describe the surgery to someone who is not in this community. Many surgeries can confirm a MtF person's gender: SRS, orchiectomy, rhinoplasty, brow lift, cheek implants, breast augmentation, lip augmentation, tracheal shave, hip and butt implants, and so on.

Eryn
12-11-2013, 03:02 AM
Since GRS/GCR isn't a CDing topic I'm going to close this thread. If you wish to discuss it further you are welcome to do so in the TS section.