PDA

View Full Version : Bummed out

thisgal16
12-10-2013, 09:44 AM
My wife just informed me that the plans she had been making for my birthday next week have fallen through. We were gonna start our makeup lessons from the woman that did my makeover a couple weeks ago but she has to have surgery. Oh well though what can you do.

Beverley Sims
12-10-2013, 10:16 AM
Quick!
Organise something else, have a conference, make the disappointment a new positive.
Something else will turn up.
All the best for your birthday. :)

Kate Simmons
12-10-2013, 10:20 AM
As Bev said, turn the disappointment into an opportunity. :)

thisgal16
12-10-2013, 10:37 AM
Yeah we just decided to put that money into our truck. So we will spend the weekend working on it instead of going out

Nadine Spirit
12-10-2013, 01:01 PM
I'd put the money towards a makeover with someone else. My last one was at the Urban Decay counter at a Macy's. The artist was awesome! She was so good my wife had her do one for her as well.

Beverley Sims
12-11-2013, 09:41 AM
I am pleased to see the truck is getting a makeover.
Have a good time working on it.
I came out from working under mine once with two little grease marks on the tips of my boobs.

You orta' try it, not with a good sweater on though. :)

Jaylyn
12-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Actually you probably made a smart, thought out decision. Cd is an after thing for me. God, family, business, and the fun and cd. Actually you'll feel good to get the truck working and then take your honey out. Things tend to have a way of working out, we sometimes get in the way and get disappointed but life has no guarantees every thing will in our plans. Now on a lighter note just start planning the next big makeup session lesson.

thisgal16
12-11-2013, 11:34 AM
Yeah it actually wasn't that hard of a decision to make since we are suppose to be doing lessons when she gets better from her surgery and I want to have the truck done for my hs reunion in 2015. So I don't have a lot of time left really with all the work that still needs to be done.

JustMee
12-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Aint life grand? I too had my birthday plans cancelled at the last minute due to suddenly arising required home repairs (flood). At least you have an alternative for the weekend, working on a truck sounds pretty great to me!