PDA

View Full Version : Meeting others from here

JamieQ
12-10-2013, 09:54 PM
I met another forum member today, DeeArel. Dee happened to be in the area so we met in girl mode. This was such a good relaxed meeting! We just sat around and chatted about whatever came to mind. All I can say is that if you have a chance to meet another forum member...do it! It was very rewarding!:) Jamie

cdinmd206
12-10-2013, 10:20 PM
Always so nice to meet others. Love your location. Some very fond memories drinking Southern Comfort and living in the South

Kelly DeWinter
12-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Jamie, I have to agree with you, it's great to meets some of the peeps here. I've met a few , all have been enjoyable.

PretzelGirl
12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
I am glad you were able to meet each other. I feel that we learn a lot from each other and I know I can always have time for another friend.

Lynn Marie
12-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Having CD girlfriends is heaven on earth for those of us who share this passion. Might I suggest you two find a safe club or other place to meet for drinks or talking every week at the same time and day. Then let others know. Pretty soon you and others in your neighborhood will have a whole bunch of CD girlfriends to enjoy. I do, and it's absolutely wonderful!

DeeArel
12-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Might I suggest you two find a safe club or other place to meet for drinks or talking every week at the same time and day.

Alas, I travel each week so life is that not simple. However, I may be in our area in the future.

If any one has the chance to be in central Kentucky, give Jamie a shout. She is a real pleasure to interact with.

Tracii G
12-11-2013, 03:58 AM
I enjoyed or meet up Dee and hope to do it again sometime.
Jamie is a peach and lots of fun to be with.
Maybe next time Dee we will be able to hook up in girl mode.

I have an idea Dee maybe I can get forum member Jean Marie to dress in drab and take us to dinner. He is a great date in guy mode.LOL

Adriana Moretti
12-11-2013, 04:35 AM
I would like to meet other girls from here ( I am new ) I have been having some great conversations thru email with people, but eventually I would like to meet some girls in my area

Beverley Sims
12-11-2013, 09:05 AM
Jamie,
It is good to meet others but you have to put aside very quickly the image you have built up about the other person.
This can put a dampener on an otherwise pleasant meeting.
I always remember they will have similar feelings.
This apprehension does subside after a few meetings.

LingerieandLace
12-11-2013, 09:30 AM
It would be so nice to meet others that may share some common interests. Having a few new CD gurl friends, who share this passion can be very exciting and rewarding! It would be so exciting just to meet some new gurls friends in my area.

Kate Simmons
12-11-2013, 11:16 AM
I've met a handful of folks from here in person. Always enjoyable. Hope to meet more. :)

stephNE
12-11-2013, 11:48 AM
I have met two ladies that are also members here. Both are quite lovely, and I really enjoyed meeting them.

Bethany_Anne_Fae
12-11-2013, 03:38 PM
I've been fortunate enough to meet several of the girls from this forum in the Dallas, and Houston area. All really good people too :)

Jaylyn
12-11-2013, 03:59 PM
Have been invited to meet some from Texas but out here it is way to far to drive just to meet over coffee then home again. If I was out I'm sure I would love meeting. I guess the conversation is usually about CD or do cd's talk guy stuff when they meet.

JamieQ
12-11-2013, 04:01 PM
Beverly,

I am not quite sure what you mean about putting aside the image I built up about the other person. I met these people with an open mind not really knowing what to expect. The last few people from here I met in person were just so sincere and in no way were any different that what they made themselves out to be on here...Even the first meetings went extremely well...I sensed no apprehension what so ever from myself or the other person

I know that is not always the case though. People always are not what they make themselves out to be...

We really talk a bit about the forum and the common theme that brought us together. Much of our talk is about everyday things that have nothing to do with CDing...

I drive quite a ways sometimes to meet someone, sometimes 2 hours one way. To me it is worth it.

Melissa in SE Tn
12-11-2013, 09:38 PM
I strongly encourage meeting up with fellow cders on this forum . We need the human contact to share, express, empathize & have some good laughs. Our lifestyles are crazy. I want peace & sanity in my life.

eydie
12-12-2013, 04:12 AM
I've found Meet-up.com on line will give you the names of different groups or clubs where like-minded peeps meet. In my area there is Mid-Alantic TG community and T-girls United in closer to Philly

LingerieandLace
12-12-2013, 09:37 AM
As Melissa had stated above, I also strongly encourage meeting up with fellow CD'ers. We do need the human contact and to share, express, empathize with others who may share, this lifestyle and some common interests. Having some good conversations and maybe a few laughs together helps us understand our lifestyles and adds a little balance. It has been my experiences that meeting with other CD can be very rewarding!

Lacyfem
12-12-2013, 10:17 AM
You are so lucky to have met someone as I would love to me and have some other cd friends to chat and share with.

Beverley Sims
12-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Jamie,
I was under the impression you had not met others before.
From past experience I know I have built up an image of someone only to find it is quite different.
I do not let my expectations get away from me and always make the most of any meeting I have with someone.

I have not met many CDers but I have met some people who have transitioned .
Some have made it successfully and some have not, which is sad I feel.
Anyway, all good and I look forward to my opportunity some day.

Kate Simmons
12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
As Bev has said, sometimes we tend up to build up an image of someone and later, upon meeting them in person, are disappointed. We all have similar issues in this "business" and no one is perfect. I always invite them for a chat on the phone before the meeting if they are up to it. I'm an open and outgoing person but realize everyone is not the same due to circumstances. In any case, I never have any expectations built up before meeting someone in person and always just expect them to be themselves.:)

JamieQ
12-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I went just being myself and I honestly think the they did the same. It is so nice to meet in person rather than emails, chat etc...One person has helped me immensely and that could not have been done online...

Candice Mae
12-12-2013, 01:05 PM
I like my privacy, and don't trust anyone on the internet. I also have little interest in meeting CDs, sorry but its just the way I am.

Christy Stevens
01-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I'd love to meet some girls from here. There is just nothing that replaces personal interaction with friends.

Violet-13
01-09-2014, 05:38 PM
I had the chance to meet my best friend from this site. we met in drab but it was still fun.

Hell on Heels
01-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Still looking forward to that first meeting. I think having a real flesh and blood friend to share with will be
so much fun. Until then I'm happy just hanging out here with all of my virtual friends.
Much Love,
Kristyn

Sissy_Michelle
01-09-2014, 08:15 PM
I would love the opportunity to meet some gals from here. I believe it would be fun.

Richmond Va

Evie08
01-10-2014, 01:12 AM
Having CD girlfriends is heaven on earth for those of us who share this passion. Might I suggest you two find a safe club or other place to meet for drinks or talking every week at the same time and day. Then let others know. Pretty soon you and others in your neighborhood will have a whole bunch of CD girlfriends to enjoy. I do, and it's absolutely wonderful!

As Lynn Marie stated - it is wonderful to surround yourself with friends. Five years ago, we started a fun group. You never know how many will show up week to week. We are always inviting new people. Traveling through the Seattle area - we would love to have you join us on a Friday night.

Daphne Renee
01-10-2014, 01:24 AM
I havent had the chance to meet others here. I hope to soon though. Actually that is one of my goals for this year. I dont know of any support groups in my area either. I do plan on going to SCC this year. so that might help me meet others as well.

Alice-n-wonderland
03-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Right along with how to do makeup, meeting others who are interested in friendship and at least getting to know someone is a real challenge.

Helen Grandeis
03-02-2014, 07:19 AM
My alter ego met Inna in FL and he also went to a support group meeting (to dispense a purge) and met several members. Standard precautions for meeting people on-line should apply.

Susan L
03-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I think meeting other CD's is the best thing any of us can do. It's a time that we can be with others that think & feel as we do which is very hard to find outside of our group. I'm hoping at some point to find someone in my neck of the woods to meet, chat and just sit around and talk girl talk.

Felicia Dee
03-02-2014, 07:29 AM
I'd love to meet some girls from here. There is just nothing that replaces personal interaction with friends.

Ditto!! I have always wanted to start a book club...

Raychel
03-02-2014, 07:31 AM
I have met some other members from the forum. And now they are good friends, :hugs:
Nice to have good friends that know the true you. :thinking: