PDA

View Full Version : The grass is always greener………..

Stephanie Sometimes
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM
“The grass is always greener on the other side of the pasture”

As a CD’er who always figured that GG’s had it much easier in gender bending clothing selection and purchasing it was a surprise to me when a lesbian friend of mine told me that when she buys the men’s suits and jackets (that she prefers to wear) she avoids the menswear departments in some of the major department stores because the SO’s had such an arrogant attitude towards her. She is no shrinking violet but now she prefers to shop at some smaller specialty menswear stores now where she is treated better.

Another long held belief shattered!

Hugs,
Stephanie

RenneB
12-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Of that greener grass on the other side, I truly agree. Here's a slightly different take on the same. For years, I had always thought that the most attractive GG's had it so easy. They, I was able take one out for lunch. I met her at the workout class and yea, she was a perfect 10. Anyways, as we entered the restaurant, I let her lead to get to the table. As the place was fairly full, you should have seen the looks that she got as she walked in.

Everyone, male and female stopped in mid bite and took a long stare. By the time we sat down, I doubt there was a person in the entire place that didn't know 'she' had arrived. After we sat down, I asked her if she'd seen all the looks. I mean, did you see what happened I said? She responded slightly depressed saying "yea, it happens to me all the time". Doesn't it bother you I said? "Yea, but I get used to it.... kind of makes me lonely though". We continued on with our lunch and idle chit chat, and sadly we never did hook up again but remained close friends during the aerobics classes...

Just goes to show you that for those that strive to be the most whatever... it's no all that it's cracked up to be.

For me, I'll prefer the journey and stick with looking the way I am.... for now.

Renne.....

LelaK
12-11-2013, 08:50 PM
You could take that saying to mean that MtF CDs should be satisfied dressing like men.

I value my "good taste" and don't want to accept my looks as they are. I accept that i can improve myself, not just aesthetically, but in most ways.

If anyone is so attractive that they get stared at, and don't like that, it seems to me it's pretty easy to drabify oneself. That's like feeling sorry for the rich.

Melissa in SE Tn
12-11-2013, 09:29 PM
I hurt for your friend. Smaller specialty stores usually
have professional salespersons who might work on commissions or get a bonus. They know how to make the deal . Sorry for your friend as that kind of rejection really hurts.

Mssusan
12-11-2013, 09:37 PM
I recently read an article about a suitmaker who now specializes in making mens suits that fit a female body. Even though it may seem that it's easier for women to cross dress, body construction and fit issues plague both genders.

Karren H
12-11-2013, 09:44 PM
I wouldn't say its greener.... its prettier....

Stephanie Sometimes
12-11-2013, 10:15 PM
I wouldn't say its greener.... its prettier....

LOL, yeah and that girl in the mirror is always prettier than the one in the self-portrait.

Hugs,
Stephanie

Beverley Sims
12-12-2013, 06:02 AM
I agree with Karen, the grass certainly 'aint greener.

Maybe that is why I am still married to the same girl.

I know some girls that present masculine have a hard time with ridicule also.

stephNE
12-12-2013, 07:42 AM
The grass always looks greener... because from a distance you can't see that the other side has all the same faults and problems as where you are now.

linda allen
12-12-2013, 08:14 AM
It's possible that your lesbian friend projects a negative attitude that is returned by the sales people. As we know from buying female clothes, most SAs are happy to make a sale regardless of who we are.