PDA

View Full Version : Gaining confidence

Billiejosehine
12-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Seeing that I work in a field dominated by women; there are 40 women and only 4 men in my office. I feel really comfortable to the point were I have gone partially en feminine ( pants, cami, undergarments) with my male attire on top to work. While I wear women's clothing I feel a lot more happy, not as stressed, and confident in who I am. As I gain more confidence, acceptance, and comfortable wearing women's clothes especially out in public, I get the feeling of jealousy and wishing I was born a women when looking at other women and what they wear. In a lot of ways I am comparing myself to other women. I know that this wish of being a women can come true. But there are things that still hold me back in taking the next step.

Persephone
12-13-2013, 03:43 AM
Sounds normal to me!

I've certainly gone through those days of jealousy and frantic wishing.

Hugs,
Persephone.

Hell on Heels
12-13-2013, 04:02 AM
What do you consider your next step? As far as the jealously part, you can't possibly be jealous of every female you see. So then, of the ones that do create this feeling you need to really figure out what it is about that particular person that triggers it, and then try to work on incorporating it into your persona.

Beverley Sims
12-13-2013, 02:06 PM
Take care in what you wear and how you present to others at work.
You might like to keep your job so do not alienate the women with any unusual actions.
Just progress slowly.

Krystenw
12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
Just as Beverly Said, "Take Care".
I worked at a facility where I was the only guy among 27 women.
One Halloween I went to work dressed to the nines, Since I was for a 3 week vacation in a few days, I even went out and had my nails done.
Not wanting to waste my money, I didn't want to take my nails off. I had to put on new gloves every time I dealt with a patient anyway, so I didn't think it would make any difference.
Was I wrong. The nails were gone after I got back from Thanksgiving, but you couldn't believe the changes that had taken place.
I was working at a "State Facility" where at the time it nearly took an act of congress to get me fired, but they made life such that I eventually went looking for found another job.

JamieQ
12-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Same here. Where I work in health care and here its about 100 women to 4 men. I pretty much just sit back and observe...