PDA

View Full Version : Pumps do all sexy shoes hurt?

Diann
01-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Pumps I have two questions one is I have been looking for your basic black pump or white, not those pointy things that today are in but some thing that I can walk a while with out stumbling size 10 or 11 they need to be spiked and I don’t mean those stilts that are 5” or higher have you girls found a brand that fits this vision?

Now I don’t mind paying a little more. Of all the shoes and that’s many few are really comfortable for long walks. Does:) price matter, do Nemon Marcus shoes not hurt?
I have a pair of Payless 2 ½” pumps I bought this years ago there not impressive but there good for a walk. ………………..Any thoughts

Diann

Felicity
01-03-2006, 03:11 AM
Of all the shous I have, my pumps are the most uncomfortable. I have three pair boots, one which is a platform style. All are not uncomfortable, and one of them is actually comfortable. Of the other heels I have, they are more severe than my pumps, but more comfortable, including the 7" platform heels! The only issue with them is walking smooth!

I can't tell you if any pumps are comfortable. It seems to me the toe shape for the boots make them OK and the open toe part of the platform shoes I have. There are non-slip inserts that may help. Maybe that, and practicing walking more on the ball of your foor will make the difference?

Imogen_Mann
01-03-2006, 05:25 AM
One MUST suffer for one's art.

Call me a masochist (and possibly a looney), I like the pain that heels inflict on my feet.

XX

Jayme

TGMarla
01-03-2006, 08:42 AM
If you want a sensible, boring pump, just a woman's shoe that is good for walking and working, look at the 9.2.5 line at JC Penney. They aren't all that remarkable, but very sensible, about 2 1/2 inches, and affordable. They come in black, navy, beige, and bone.

Lori Lee
01-03-2006, 09:31 AM
Diann,
I have bought high heels at sexyshoes.com. They have plain hheels in wide widths and are decently priced. Hope this helps. Enjoy!!

susandrea
01-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Aside from the construction of the shoe itself (if you want to walk a long way there HAS to be some cushioning), I have found that personal fitness is very important.

If you are overweight and out of shape, wearing high heels-- especially for long periods of time-- will make you sore all over. The heels throw your back into a different alignment and strain your muscles, and if you are carrying extra weight, you will pound the hell out of the front part of your foot in a very short time.

So, one trick to wearing heels is to be lean and toned up, and to also look for well-built shoes that have a bit of cushioning hidden beneath their sexiness! :D

DonnaT
01-03-2006, 11:36 AM
One maker of pumps is http://www.insolia.com/

These are supposed to be the most comfortable, due to the shape of the insole. Check out their description. I don't own a pair yet, but have seen some in Nordstromes. Also available are inserts to convert your high heels.

MelissaM
01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Any pump (or closed pointed toe shoe) is comfortable (for me) if they are under 3 inches in height. Also easier to walk in. I do own some 4" heels and wow, do I know when I wear them. So yes, sexy shoes hurt. But they are worth every wince!

By the way, unlike GG's, you girls don't wear them every day for extended periods. Because I do, I know this, it does get better. You get used to the pain. But it's really not all that good on your foot. Who cares! I know I can't help it when I walk into a shoe store... Hmm, these are comfortable, but these are fun! I usually choose the fun / sexy ones.

KathrynW
01-03-2006, 01:07 PM
You gotta get pointy toes, the kind you can kill a c0ck roach in a corner with...black...at least 4" high...with ankle straps...
No Pain ~ No Gain! :eek:

susandrea
01-03-2006, 01:29 PM
You gotta get pointy toes, the kind you can kill a c0ck roach in a corner with...black...at least 4" high...with ankle straps...
No Pain ~ No Gain! :eek:

:D :D :D

Phoebe Reece
01-03-2006, 02:19 PM
You might want to try the "Claire" pump by Lifestride. They are 3" high in a size 12 (my size). The footbed is somewhat padded, the toe is not too pointed, and although the heel is not quite a stilleto - it is not clunky and has a nice shape. I can wear mine comfortably for long distances in the mall and have even danced in them. I have pairs in black, brown, navy blue, and black suede. The only place I have been able to find them in the full range of colors and sizes they come in has been from shoemall.com. There may be other places out there that have them, I just don't know where.

KathrynW
01-03-2006, 02:28 PM
YIKES! These are OLP! :OMG:
(old lady pumps)

Wendy me
01-03-2006, 02:32 PM
i only have one pair of shoes that hurt my feet but thay are so dame cute thay are worth a little pain... all my outhers i could wear for ever.....

ChristineRenee
01-03-2006, 03:40 PM
If you want a sensible, boring pump, just a woman's shoe that is good for walking and working, look at the 9.2.5 line at JC Penney. They aren't all that remarkable, but very sensible, about 2 1/2 inches, and affordable. They come in black, navy, beige, and bone.I can attest to these...have several pairs myself and they ARE comfortable!;)

MsJanessa
01-03-2006, 05:04 PM
The more sexy and fetishy the shoe, the more uncomfortable it is to wear---that's life---either go with the comfortable old lady styles or suck it up and deal with the pain---I would suggest a servant to give you footrubs at night---that helps:dom:

Shelly Preston
01-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Yes - Heels can hurt

A little pain to look good ?

Every time, I normally wear 4" heels there so sexy

annekathleen
01-03-2006, 06:01 PM
Again, I kinda went nuts on E-Bay and bought a lot of womens high heel shoes and boots in different styles and heights. I have knee high boots, ankle boots, womens carpenter style boots , formal and casual in heels from three to four inches. I do own three pairs of spiked high heels, two pair of black, one in 5 inch, and one in 6 inch. And one pair of white in a 5 inch heel, but they are tough to wear for a extended period of time.

pauleen
01-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Hey gurls ,and g/g,s I have found that platform high heels are alot easier to manage ,and walk for long periods of time in esp the pleaser brand ,they have excellent padding, but I dont see many g/g,s wearing them to the mall so they might be impractical.
pauleen

susandrea
01-03-2006, 07:45 PM
I remember a couple years back, when I went to Manhattan for a lark.

I wore a very sexy pair of Joan and David sandals, 3-1/2" high, making me just over six feet tall.

I walked to the theater and walked back to the hotel in my new sexy shoes.

By the time I got back, I had a blister under each foot the size of a lime, and the skin on top curled up with little stones wrapped up inside. I think I left little bloody footprints in the hotel lobby, and it took over an hour to cut away the skin, clean my wounds, and bandage them up-- tears the whole time.

But damn, those are the hottest shoes I own and I still have them. Only now I take a Taxi! :D

rachel_jean
01-03-2006, 09:26 PM
To answer your question 'no' all sexy shoes don't hurt...

I have a pair of 5" pumps from Jante with some padded soles which
make them very comfortable, got them on eBay a couple years ago
and love them.

Contrast them with a pair of Croft & Barrow boots with 3" heels, I recently purchased at a local store. No padded soles and my feet get a bit sore
after being on them for just a couple hours.

HTH,

Rachel Jean

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 09:35 PM
No, not all great shoes have to hurt. Yes, all fashionable shoes with 3 inch heels or more hurt. No, if you pick a larger width they don't hurt as much. Yes, spiked heels are harder to use for walking that shorter heels or rounded toes. Ohhhh, my gawwwwdddd! I don't know what to do? Yes, I do!!!! Go to Nordstroms!!!! I just went there at lunch today. I purchased a great pair of Lauren jeans with sparklies!!! I got a golden cami! I then when shoe shopping! I found a female sales person who immediately asked what type of shoe my "wife" liked. I immediately told her that they were for me and were to match my new outfit [which I then showed her.] We picked out four different shoes. I went with the open toed, strapped, gold and bronze 3 inch heels. Gawwwd! They are gorgeous but they are not easy for walking. I just tried but they LOOK ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!!

DanaJ
01-03-2006, 09:40 PM
I have some cheapie pumps from Newport News with 3 inch heels, they are actually pretty comfortable, and easy to walk in too.

Diann - take a look at these, this is what I have:
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?gpcatID=1914&pacatID=1915&subcatID=&catid=2624&superstyleID=199872&productindex=13&firstpagetypeid=&pageindex=12
http://www.newport-news.com/shop/Product.asp?gpcatID=1914&pacatID=1915&subcatID=&catid=2624&superstyleID=199874&productindex=17&firstpagetypeid=&pageindex=12

Rikki - that outfit and those shoes sound great! You have to take a photo in them, I am dying to see how they look on you!

Rikki Elisabeth
01-03-2006, 09:45 PM
I have some cheapie pumps from Newport News with 3 inch heels, they are actually pretty comfortable, and easy to walk in too.

Rikki - that outfit and those shoes sound great! You have to take a photo in them, I am dying to see how they look on you!

I didn't quite tell all of the truth. I was shopping en drab. I then went to Macs cosmetic counter. The sales person asked me what "my wife" wanted. I told her that "I" wanted a different, casual look and that they were touted as having great makeup." She then dabbed foundation on me [sitting on the chair at the counter like real women do!] She then brought out some eyebrow powder with which you apply with a triangular brush!!! [Ah! Hah! How many of you knew that?" Then she applied a slightly pinkish tinted natural lip gloss with shea cream in it. I must tell you, it was incredible!!!! I went back to work without taking any of it off. My clients didn't notice anything but I knew!!!!!

Sorry....I digressed. Yes! I will have picture taken!

Hugs....

Rebecca Petersen
01-03-2006, 11:52 PM
I didn't quite tell all of the truth. I was shopping en drab. I then went to Macs cosmetic counter. The sales person asked me what "my wife" wanted. I told her that "I" wanted a different, casual look and that they were touted as having great makeup." She then dabbed foundation on me [sitting on the chair at the counter like real women do!] She then brought out some eyebrow powder with which you apply with a triangular brush!!! [Ah! Hah! How many of you knew that?" Then she applied a slightly pinkish tinted natural lip gloss with shea cream in it. I must tell you, it was incredible!!!! I went back to work without taking any of it off. My clients didn't notice anything but I knew!!!!!

Sorry....I digressed. Yes! I will have picture taken!

Hugs....
Oh Rikki, you're such a tease. We all know that your clients have accepted you as a woman...you told us that last week. Anyway, I too am dying to see pictures of you in the outfit you just got at Nordstrom's. Please don't be self conscience about posting new pictures, I fully understand that you may look a little different than the picture you posted when you introduced yourself last month, because of the small amount of weight you put on and also the beating you took from those drunk, red-necks. So, come on girl, let's see that new outfit. You are an inspiration.
Rebecca

Candy Heels
01-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I guess I should probably try to add something because I am a dedicated (AND ADDICTED:D )wearer of high heels.

First of all, I tend to think that wearing high heels comfortably is largely a function of how often you can wear them. That is to say that your feet do in fact adapt to walking on tiptoe but for the girl who might only wear high heels once per week, she never gets a chance to get used to that feeling and her feet may in fact be tense after only a short time in her shoes. Its possible that tension might lead to pain and discomfort. I always suggest that you wear new shoes at home extensively before trying to wear them outdoors.

Quality leather in the shoe is also very important for comfort. Kid leather shoes are often far more comfortable than patent especially for a girl new to high heels. I often send friends who wish to start wearing higher heels to Italianheels.com. They make quite lovely and good quality shoes.

Its also worthy of note that heel heights within reason, at least for me rarely have anything to do with the comfort of the shoe. I usually wear 5" to 6" heels (none of mine are platform styles - and I wear a lady's 9B) but I have experienced very uncomfortable 4" heels but have worn some 5" that were very comfortable. I think its often the way the shoe is made or the quality that leads to a pleasant or painful walk.

Good luck with your selection and if I can be of any help, please feel free to PM me.

Best wishes:)

Rebecca Petersen
01-04-2006, 12:04 AM
Forgot to answer the original question. Heels and food are a lot alike. Ever notice that if something tastes good, it's bad for you. If it tastes like the main ingredient of a Presto-Log, you can be assured that it's healthy.
Same with shoes. If they look wonderful, they surely will hurt like Hell. It is however worth the price.
Rebecca

Diann
01-04-2006, 01:02 AM
I thank you all for your input ! I see that there is two camp emerging one that says get used to it or get OLP’s …………No way Or spend a few bucks and saddle up. Spiky is my goal! The day is still young anyone else?

Platforms are great my Pink $8 closeouts I can wear for hours. The pain of heels go away but the then sometimes I get this numbness in the middle of my foot last for up to six hours. I won’t give them up it’s almost more important than the rest of the outfit because it makes the strut and sway the walk. How the dress sweeps across the stockings……

Diann
:)

Angela Burke
01-04-2006, 02:22 AM
I think with shoes that more attactive equals more painfull must be a physical law.
Just take a look at the real women around you going about their daily routine.
You wont see many of them teetering about on 6" heels, (unless of course wearing 6" heels is part of their daily routine).
Standing almost on tiptoe, putting constant pressure on your calf muscles whilst walking, and at the same time squeezing your poor tootsies into the toe of a shoe that bears no resemblance to them has got to hurt.
Any girl who claims she can walk for hours in stilletoes is either a liar or needs to get her blood circulation checked.
I love heels at much as any girl here, (wearing a dress and a pair of army boots might be the look for some , but not me.)
I've got small feet (UK 6), I've been wearing my own heels for almost forty years, (no, not the same pair, stop being silly!), nothing looks better with a dress or a skirt, but they hurt.
I think the solution to this is a few large whiskies when you're out and about then when you get home sit with your feet in a lovely bowl of warm water and have a few more large whiskies.

Love Angela XX

SandraInHose
01-04-2006, 08:32 PM
I used to have a pair of leather pumps, about 3". These were a size too small, but the leather did stretch a bit, so they became fairly comfortable. I got so accustomed to these shoes, I could actually run in them.

After my femme side was discovered, I got rid of my modest stash as a compromise with my wife. Since then, she agreed to let me get one pair of heels, and I ordered a cheap pair of 4.5" pumps from a CD store online. I don't know why, but these shoes (which are actually my size) hurt like hell, and I can barely walk in them at all. They look great, but I simply do not enjoy wearing them at all. :mad:

I'm hoping to get a nice pair of slides next time, like Dolly Parton wears all the time.

cyndyw
01-04-2006, 09:06 PM

;) ;) ;) I find these very comfortable- they have about a three inch heel. I feel very sexy especially when I have a manicure with polish. I could wear these all day with a short skirt or dress.

lydia7
01-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Here is my idea of a nice sexy shoe...found at www.sexyshoe.com :angel: